Thread: What if Queen Elizabeth I went on a picnic with Hemingway

Godspeed

Talking What if Queen Elizabeth 1st went on a picnic with Hemingway

So, I 've been stuck in these ideas of mixing historical personalities in "what if" situations. Anyone else ever play that game? What if...Zelda Fitzgerald, Marilyn Monroe, and Annie Lennox went to lunch together? Cat fight and Annie wins? or they all love each other? Good Queen Bess and Hemingway -- she was so strong and accustomed to managing men -- how would Hemingway respond to her strength and, no doubt, ego?
    Last edited by elise; 01-01-2006 at 11:07 AM.

Blog Entries

Talking

Hello Elise

I think this is a great topic, and so am moving it to General Literature where I think you will get more responses.
    Forum Rules FAQ Tags Blogs Groups Quizzes e-Texts
    ◕‿◕ currently reading Empty Mansions: The Mysterious Life of Huguette Clark, Bill Dedman (2013)

"the dogs bark but the caravan moves on" --Arab proverb

Quote Originally Posted by elise
    So, I 've been stuck in these ideas of mixing historical personalities in "what if" sitatuaitons. Anyone else ever play that game? What if...Zelda Fitzgerald, Marilyn Monroe, and Annie Lennox went to lunch together? Cat fight and Annie wins? or they all love each other? Good Queen Bess and Hemingway -- she was so strong and accustomed to managing men -- how would Hemingway respond to her strength and, no doubt, ego?
    Ernie would drink her under the table, then brag that he kicked her butt in a boxing match.

What if Audrey Hepburn and Courtney Love each tried to seduce Rev. Jimmy Swaggart? Which woman would would he choose and why? And would he use the word Satan in his conversations with them?

Godspeed
    Quote Originally Posted by starrwriter
    Ernie would drink her under the table, then brag that he kicked her butt in a boxing match.

What if Audrey Hepburn and Courtney Love each tried to seduce Rev. Jimmy Swaggart? Which woman would would he choose and why? And would he use the word Satan in his conversations with them?

Good one, Starrwriter. Jimmy would choose Courtney is he knew he had the privacy. And, he wouls never use the word Satan with her -- he would not need to, he would be induling in his definition of evil. He would choose Audrey Hepburn for show, and with her, yes, he would speak of Satan, to remind himself of why he's with Audrey rather than his first choice, Courtney.

Would Liz 1 still be "The virgin queen" after her evening with EH? I doubt it somehow - could have changed the whole English succession for the better.

Quote Originally Posted by Xamonas Chegwe
    Would Liz 1 still be "The virgin queen" after her evening with EH? I doubt it somehow - could have changed the whole English succession for the better.
    That would have led to King Ernest I and Oscar Wilde would have been lynched (earlier than he was) when he wrote "The Importance of Being Ernest."