Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415161718192025 ... LastLast

Thread: Two works by Poe decoded. Announcement!!

publisher wanted
    Blog Entries
    But...who were the victims?

Dedicated to mercifull mercer "Cochino"!

Part 1

The titled question, a key object of this " instant online research and publish" high wire act, has finally been answered: The victim was neither the Sonnet's maiden (post #1) or Al Aaraafs "Ianthe" (Angelica Palli), nor Guillelmo Cochini (William Henry "Poe"), but Anastasy, Yanni's father (possibly count Saint Germain's son) who was assasinated 1835 in Zante, his curriculum vitae, completed in the meantime with his service in Napoleon's war ministry, fully justifying the conclusion and the main motives of the assasins.

"Finally" because this very same question was wrongly answered in the past, the undersigned publicaly (Note 1 below) making a fool of himself

Elation and ignorance guiding back then, the "father" of greek heraldic science, E.R.Ragabe was even ignored who, in his "Livre d'Or de la noblesse Ionnienne", Athens 1927, specifies that the first "victim" was very much alive, till 1837 at least, his wife keeping on bearing his children until 1838.
    There was good reason to ignore Ragabe however: In the "Preface" of his book he states that his only source were the alleged assasins themselves, the Luntzis (acting for the Salomons) . His data on the lawyer were furthermore contradictory (Note 2).

Anyhow, said letter was published and, about that time, the original research on the history of the hydrians was also published. Nobody reacted one way or another, yourstruly could have been content but wasn't, something was amiss, a bad odour floated around, so research continued and, save for the mistake made regarding the number of I.D.Cochini's children, Ragabe and his Luntzi source turned out to be trustworthy, on their Cochini data at least. .

As such, their info on Salomon's first witness, Dimitri-Giacomo(Note 3) had also be considered solid: Dimitrio to was alive until 1838 at least and , as such, the list of Zante candidate Cochini victims run dry: None had been assasinated. Their tentative involvement with the other side was already quite evident but no reason for such a treacherous act against their own family could be found or imagined even, other than money, an ugly scenario!

The item was left pending!

As the Announcement progressed, the Paris mercers were discovered and a lot was written re their dissapearance from Paris after Bastille, their jacobin links, their US and Zante Balsamo links and simultaneous presence etc etc. Earlier , upon the discovery of the eventual sanctification of the founder of the Paris Cochin Hospital, a very specific hint was made:"we'll see about him and that" we remember writing.

Before that, at the time this thread started, letters had been addressed to randomly selected members of the french Cochin etc families as well as to the French Cultural Institute in Athens (under the Foreign Ministry of France) asking for their cooperation in solving the family mysteries of wider national historic and cultural interest. Excepting an empty answer by the last, no other reply was ever received, "thickening the plot"!

Research continued in many fields in parallel revealing all sorts of "wonders". Returning to the Zante murder was kept for the end, the nightmarishly complex and unfathomably ugly truth almost impossible to go back to and, furthermore describe, thus the previous chapter, the cherry to the pie .

It's time to close books!

(continued in Part 2):

Note 1 With Andriolas diary revelation, everything "...fitted nicely together" thus in a letter published by a major Athens newspaper, the 25th March 2000, Dionysios Solomos was fingerpointed as the murder instigator of the lawyer I. D. Cochini(!!!), his brother Rev Nicolaos, terrorized by the event, compromised to be enthroned etc.

Note 2 He writes that Ioannis and wife had the following five children to then list and names nine, the last born 1838..

Note 3. Ragabe gives his full name as Dimitri Dion.Cochini only. The source of "-Giacommo" is the Mercati archive at the Heraldic Society of Athens.

publisher wanted
    Blog Entries
    Part 2

Combining data by D.Conomos and E.R.Ragabe(Note 4), the only listed Cochini able to fill "Cochino's" doublefaced shoes is indeed Ioannis Dionysiou Cochini, the judge MP declaring his readiness to leave Zante in 1836!

If his name is translated into french, if one goes searching the net for a Jean+Denys+ Cochin, if "law" is "droit" in french, if wealth and power was then a motive, if the main culprits had money to spare as from 1826(Note 5) and "documents" (Saint Germain's files and property titles) to exchange for positions of authority in the mayfirster society of post napoleonic Paris .....

....then...

....out pops the charitable founder of the Cochin hospital in Paris , Jean Denys Cochin (1789-1841) fullfilling all requirements, justifying Ragabe's mistake re his number of children (Note 6) and getting ready to be sanctified!

The limited biographical data provided for Jean Denys, born 1789, fully tally otherwise (note 7) those of Ioannis Dionysiou including the early loss of his legitimate wife thus justifying Ragabe's "mistake" re his next four children. The french site's own mistake about his "son Jacques succeeding him as mayor of the 12th district of Paris in 1825(!)", a position their father had at some unknown time, justifies the frequent absence of Jean's brother, Dimitrio-Giacomo Cochini, from Zante and as such his "loss of touch", post 1828, with his friend Dionysios Salomon.

The mercers had the upper hand, 1835, in Zante

...talking strange tonques, bits of their story, enough to read "WE", two letters, blessed be simplicity, you think, but maybe wrong...,

Their descendant, baron Denys Cochin, was France's deputy minister of foreign affairs responsible for the "Eastern question" in 1922!

They still have all the cards, all the answers and all the elements to handle diplomaticaly a difficult case, silk clothing (μεταξωτά βρακιά) included.

THE END.

Note 4. Contrary to Ragabe, Dinos Conomos is widely accepted by greek historians as a solid source

Note 5 after the death of count Stefano Messala and before the estate was transferred.

Note 6 See http://www.silapedagogie.com/les_salles_d.htm)

Note 7 Born 1794 per Ragabe: The hand of bishop Nicolaos can be seen here fixing the birthdate of his senior brother.

(Bibliography to follow)

account closed at request of user
    Just imagine that.

publisher wanted
    Blog Entries
    Bibliography
    (by author when applicable)

A. Published in greek
    1. Anogiatis- Pele Dim: Eksi gallika ypomnimata gia ta eptanisa (1798-1809), Corfu 1993
    2. Aliberti Sot Iroides tis ellinikis epanastaseos (photocopies)
    3. Bastias Costis:. Bouboulina, Athens 1944.
    4. Bogadnopoulos Dim. Filiki Etaireia, B edition, Patrai
    5. Capadochos Dim: O Solomos desmios tou nomikou kthestots tis epohis tou, Athens 1992.
    6. Cararas Nik.: Bornova, Athens 1956
    7. Conomos D: Zakynthinoi filikoi , Athens 1966
    8. : Ecclesiastica, Athens 1987
    9. : Zakynthos, 500 chronia 1478-1978, Political History, Athens 1981-1986
    10. : To zakynthino raso stin ethnegersia, Athens 1971
    11. :Anekdota keimena of the greek fight for indepencence , Athens 1966
    12. : O Martinegos, Athens 1976
    13. Cleanthi Fani: I Elliniki Smyrne, Athens 1995
    14. Chrysicopoulos Gian. Etos Dion.Solomou, Anamnistiki Ekdosi, Zante township., 1998
    15. De Jassaud:Hydra, Spetsie,Poro et Ipsera en 1808.Β.Ι.Μ 126 Athens 1978
    16. Encyclopedia: Ilios
    17. Enosis Smyrnaion: Mikrasiatika Chronica .
    18. Exarchos G. Rigas Belenstinlis, Athens 1998
    19. Everet Eduard: Selides Imerologiou 1819 Athens 1996
    20. Fotakou: Apomnimonaumata peri tis ell.epanastaseos, Athens 1960
    21. Fotiadis Dim: Karaiskakis, Athens 1987
    22. : Mesologgi, Athens 1987
    23. : Kanaris, Athens Athens 1987
    24. Grece Michel de: Napoleon, Athens 1996
    25. :Bouboulina, Athens 1993
    26. Graviere, Ed.Jurien, de la:Istoria ton agonon to ellinon gia tin anexartisia 1821-1833, Athens 1988
    27. Grigoriou E.Th.:O Nikitaras, Athens 1942 .
    28. Genadeios Vivliothiki: Imerologia Nautikou Agonos, deiktis 400
    29. Holland Henry: Taxidia sta Ionia Nisia, Ipeiro, Alvania (1812-13), Arthens 1989
    30. Hatjianargirou: Spetsiotika (photocopies)
    31. Heraldic Society of Athens: Deltio 7, 1988
    32. Deltio 11, 2001
    33. Kefalliniadi: Mnimes apo tin Anatoli, Athens 1988
    34. Konsta K.S: Istorika eggrafa mesologgiton tis exodou, Athens 1968
    35. Koukou Eleni: Ioannis Capodistrias, the man, tghe diplomat Athens 2001
    36. : I.A.Capodistrias Roxandra S.Stourza Athens 2000
    37. Krantonelli Alex:. Elliniki peirateia kai koursos ton ih aiona etc Athens 1998
    38. Loukas Ioan: Istoria tis ellinikis masonias, kai ellinki istoria Athens 1991.
    39. Luntzi Nik-Robert Sargint: I Zakynthos kapote, Athens 1990.
    40. : Sto Ionio Liberta, Athens 1991
    41. Lut Christiana: Mia Danesa stin avli tou Othona, Athens 1988
    42. Makrigianni: Apomnimonaumata, Epimeleia I.Vlaxogianni
    43. Marshand L: Lordou Virona Epistoles apo tin Ellada, 1809-1811&1823-1824, Athens 1996
    44. Mavriderou Dim: Ydraio meli tis filikis etaireias, Athens 1995
    45. Melas Sp.: O navarhos Miaoulis, Athens 1932
    46. : O geros tou Moria, Athens 1931 .
    47. Ntoulis P.D :i protoi ellines tehnikoi epistimones periodou apeleftheroseos, publ by TEE, Athens 1976.
    48. Palaion Patron Germ: Apomnimoneumata, Athens 1996
    49. Papasotiriou Char. O agonas gia tin elliniki anexartisia, Athens 1996
    50. Procopiou Socr.: Sergiani stin palia Smyrne (B editition) Athens 1949
    51. Ragabe E.R: Le Lvre d'or de la noblesse Ionienne, Athens 1927 (photocopies)
    52. Rodakis Per.: O Alexandroa Ipsilantis kai oi filikoi, Athens 1996
    53. Sahtouri Geor: I I istoria tou nautikou agonos, B.I.Melteton 101, 1880
    54. Tsamadou Ant: Istoriko Imerologio ton ellinikon navmachion 1821 B.I.Meleton , 118, 1886
    55. Trelawney Ed.: Anamniseis tis Ellinikis Epanastaseos B.I.M 112
    56. Varfis Kostos: Venetotourkikoi kai rossotourkikoi polemoi stis elliniks thallases 1453-1821, Vournas Tasos: Istoria this Neoteris Ellados, Athens 1974
    57. Ydras archeio tis koinotitas: Athens 1960-`66 (photocopies)
    58. Zourdou-Leousi F: Evretirio archeiou tis koinotitas Ydras, K.N.E E.I.E 40, Athens 1991

B:Other languages:
    1. Anogiatis- Pele Dim: Inventaire de la correspondence des consuls francais a Zante (1670-1859) etc, Corfu 1997
    2. Bigland Eileen: Lord Byron, London 1956
    3.Bonfort Paul: Famille Bonfort Genealogie (privately published for family use)
    4. Codrigton: Piracy in the Levant, 1827-8.Navy Records Society, London 1934.
    5.Wendy Hinde: George Canning (1770-1827)

C. Other books and online publications used for "Poe's Announcement" were normally referred or quoted extracts were printed in italics otherwise.

Truly awesome!
    But, still, the short summary?

publisher wanted
    Blog Entries
    Tell me first why you labeled the web a drain and yourself a plug, Walter.

publisher wanted
    Blog Entries
    In other words, Walter, what makes you think that if a summary of The Announcement is provided, it will not "go down the drain" as you say?

...and, what makes you think that such "drain" (obviously including Poe and his work until now), is more unpleasant than yours?

Please tell me, I am really curious!
    Last edited by yanni; 06-06-2007 at 01:14 AM. Reason: spelling

Well, now you know what curiosity is.

publisher wanted
    Blog Entries
    Save Edgar!

publisher wanted
    Blog Entries

Thank you Jean Jacques!

The first "official" recognition of the Announcement and its contents comes from France:

At terresdecrivains.com/ROUSSEAU.html the site publishes following November 2006 comment by "Yanni":

"Mme d’Epinay’s lover appearing as her children’s tutor (percepteur) in 1748 was Gioachino Cocchi, aka (1756) Augustin Henry Cochin, aka Le comte Saint Germain.
    He is the father of their Angelique as well as the father of "enlightment" along with Charles Nicholas Cochin and the rest of les Cochins-Causssins-Caccinis-Cassini etc.
    Dont’s hide it please.
    Regards from Greece"

As the good site further specifies, for viewer comments to be published, they first have to be validated by the administrator.

Thank you JJ, thank you France!

publisher wanted
    Blog Entries

It's time!

20000 views , 21X5 stars, thanks.

Before we part....

"Walter" asked for a definition and a "s-h-o-r-t" summary be provided.

Definition:
    The Announcement is the conclusion of an experiment to prove if genes somehow record experiences and if such are then carried to future generations, inherited as "dormant" memories along with other characteristics.

Walter's Summary:
    Apparently St Germain, using Edgar as his herald and yourstruly as interpreter and carrier, returned via the web after six generations (not three as impostors claimed) to present gifts all around and settle his own affairs.

His gifts may take some time to be appreciated, recipients may or may not recognize their value at first, up to them really, not for the interpreter to say/

Having examined and appreciated his own gift however, "Yanni the greek" wishes to conclude his work as follows:

"He diluted the strength of the marvelous in his stories," said his friend Gleichen, "according to the receptivity of his hearer. When he was telling a fool some event of the time of Charles V, he informed him quite crudely that he had been present. But when he spoke to somebody less credulous, he contented himself with describing the smallest circumstances, the faces and gestures of the speakers, the room and the part of it they were in, with such vivacity and in such detail that his hearers received the impression that he had actually been present at the scene. 'These fools of Parisians,' he said to me one day, 'believe that I am five hundred years old. I confirm them in this idea because I see that it gives them much pleasure -- not that I am not infinitely older than I appear.'"

Bye "Logos", thanks for your hospitality.

Bye Tis, Bye Legrand,

Bye Edgar,

Bye all.

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by yanni View Post
    Walter's Summary:
    Apparently St Germain, using Edgar as his herald and yourstruly as interpreter and carrier, returned via the web after six generations (not three as impostors claimed) to present gifts all around and settle his own affairs.
    Not so. That is your summary, not mine.

MEGLIO TARDI CHE MAI: On Foscardi the 'friend of Solomos'

My dear friends,

I just happen to deal with this very family of Zante, that is the counts Foscardi. There was indeed a certain President of the Stati Juniti dell Isole Jionj -Republica Settinslulare is not any more, dear yianni- BUT:

-His given name was Demetrio (Demetrios), the last born son of conte Niccoleto Foscardi.

-He heald his office, elected by the Ionian Senate -and not appointed by the 'brits' - during the III Ionian Parliament, that is from 1828 till the August 31st of 1830, when he resigned on health reasons. Thus, he was non in position by 1831 as yianni claims to 'help' Dionisio Salamon, and

-Demetrio and Dionisio were nothing but friends. The poet writes to his friend Ioannis Galbanis on May 20th 1830 s.n. that: “non abbi il piacere di averlo amico” (I do not have the pleasure to have him as a friend). This possibly would change in the future, BUT Demetrio soon became incapable by febre celebrale, a decease that soon made him totally invalid.

Sources: Don Basilio can provide them to any interested reader.

Please, stop missinforming on those sensitive matters. It is enough. Let's go on with discent data, signiori.

publisher wanted
    Blog Entries

Meglio mai?

Caro "Don Basilio"

You are quite right, it was a Dimitrio-not "Dionysio" as wrongly stated by Yanni, not his sources- N.Foscardi president of your "Stati Juniti dell Isole Jionj" 1828- 1830.

As to his "appontment by the brits" and his "friendship" with Dionysios Salomon however here is the story:

Sources (D.Conomos and Dim.Capadochos) agree that Dimitrio N. Foscardi, along with Dionisio Voultzo(Dionysios Salomon's friend) and Franzesco Muzza(one of the executors of Count Salomon's will of 1808), persuaded by prince Antonio Comuto, were the first four members of Zante's nobility who joined ranks with the british high commissioner, Maitland, thus gaining his support. Maitland then created, for them and their followers, the Order of Saints Michael and George, decorated them accordingly and, by his decree of January the 7th, 1817, he notified the "popolo" that he appointed Dimitrio Foscardi and Dionysio Voultzo as the two Zante members of the new assembly of Ionian lawmakers.under Emm.Theotoki.

As already stated, the commissioner was the highest authority of the "Stati Juniti etc": No decision of the Ionian parliament (or the ballot) would pass without his approval.

Re their "friendship":

There may be all sorts of "friendships" and (as from 1826) Dionysio Salomon was a wealthy man. In Corfu as from late 1828, he passed over to the probrit party then and spent next a fortune making "friends" or "contacts" there to get his "bastard" decree approved by the Ionian Parliament. Sources do not disclose the exact date this happened, mentioning only "the decree was approved by the lawmaker assembly of 1831 and 1832.

The fact that Dim.Foscardi withdrew from active duty August 1830, does not mean he was not "contacted" until then, Salomon's May 1830 letter to Galvani indicatory of the fact he was, at least, trying until then.

Was Dimitri Foscardi in "friendly terms" with Dion Salomon otherwise?

Indeed he was: They had both joined (according to D.Conomos quoting Georgios Verykios and Dion.Romas, page 38 book 3) the greek "society of friends" by 1821, D.Foscardi possibl acting as a double agent for the brits (Romas).

Lastly:

What Dimitrio N.Foscardi did or did not do is really immaterial for this thread, the main issues and characters being other, yet I can understand your sensitivity concerning your ancestors(?).

Please understand in return mine and either....

...honour me with your comments re Concino Concini, Gioachino Cocchi (victims of gross "missinformation" by italian historians) and the Zante Cochin "mercers", the last surely included in your files, ....

....or..

....share at least their silence in "discency".

My regards .

publisher wanted
    Blog Entries

No need for locks.

Thank you Logos for unlocking this thread as requested.

Don Basilio-or other history and literature scholars-should not be deprived the chance to dispute the contents of "The Poe Announcement".

Regards

"Yanni" ie Antonios Emm. Kokkinis, Athens, Greece.
    Last edited by yanni; 08-30-2007 at 12:57 AM. Reason: spelling