Thread: Summer of Anne

Summer of Anne

I remember a few years ago I took the whole Anne of Green Gables collection, there are 8 books in all, and read them all. It was by far one of the best summer projects I have undertaken. I personally like "House of Dreams", which is another forum here. "Rainbow Valley" was also very cute because it shows the children's side of the story more than the adults. It is very much the crowning touch of her career, I have read other things and it did not strike me the same way. There is also the "Avonlea" series, but not those really short books you can get for every episode of the show that aired in Canada. There were two actual books. Then, there was the Emily series, which also was a television series in Canada. I have read one of them, the others are in my "to read" pile. I am thinking I might have another summer with LMM Montgomery again, read all her books that are not part of the Anne series. There are also her diaries. I have the first one, one day I would like to have them all. It is interesting both to learn about the author but also historically.
    "Hear and you forget; see and you remember; do and you understand."

I did that one summer too. I like "Rilla of Ingleside" though it's dreadfully depressing. I WANT MY WALTER BACK! Sorry for that little outburst there.

I agree that the Anne books are wonderful. I have only read up through House of Dreams. I have get to track down the rest. Are the other books, that is, Avonlea Chronicles and Emily books good? I have to see if I can track them down.
    When ideas fail, words come in very handy.

Count to 10,000 and down to -10,000!

Bhadra
    The Anne books are my favourite....They are so wonderful. I've read up to Rainbow Valley, but I didn't enjoy that book very much. Anne of green gables and Anne of Ingleside are my fv. Rilla of Ingleside? Yet to read it!

I'am having a really hard time,finding the boooks too,,i've read up to book 7