Page 90 of 466 FirstFirst ... 40808586878889909192939495100140190 ... LastLast
Results 1,336 to 1,350 of 6982

Thread: Introduce Yourself here and say Hi.

Lightbulb greetings literary buffs!

Greetings and salutations! My hobbies and interests are: Jogging; swimming; boating; golf; travel; guitar playing and singing (folk, jazz, rock); biking; playing with my dog; movie going; book collecting; participating in a few book clubs; reading great works of fiction (e.g., M. Cervantes, William Thackeray, Dickens, Tolstoy, Dostoevsky, Thomas Hardy, Faulkner, Hemingway, F. Scott Fitzgerald,) good current novels (Updike, Russell Banks, John Irving, Don DeLillo) history (American Civil War, Rome, Spain, Greece, European Battles), biography (e.g., Washington, Lincoln, Franklin), some science fiction (Philip K. Dick, R. Bradbury, K. Vonnegut, W. Gibson, R. Silverberg) and mysteries (D. Sayers, A. Christie, A. C. Doyle, G. Greene), fantasy (C. S. Lewis, Tolkien, G. MacDonald), philosophy (S. Kierkegaard, Thomas Reid, A. Platinga), and theology (Luther, K. Barth, Bonhoeffer, W. Brueggemann, N. T. Wright); attended several times an annual weekend retreat that follows the spiritual exercises of Ignatius of Loyola. I have a Ph.D. in biblical literature and have taught and published in my field. I currently sell academic and general trade books for a publishing company and have more time to read for fun that I did as a college professor.

Thinking...thinking! dramasnot6's Avatar
    Hi cbarto! Welcome to LitNet! You seem to have some wonderful interests and taste in reading. The perfect traits for enjoyment of LitNet Im sure you will love it here.
    I declare after all there is no enjoyment like reading! How much sooner one tires of anything than of a book! When I have a house of my own, I shall be miserable if I have not an excellent library.

Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

Greetings

I am new but did not see this before lol
    I am a student on English Philology and love reading, I have always enjoyed it so much, anyways I liked this site and since it is about literature I could not contain myself from joining

So hello everyone.
    "Love is not love
    Which alters when it alteration finds,
    Or bends with the remover to remove:
    O no! it is an ever-fixed mark
    That looks on tempests and is never shaken..."

Hello everyone!, Its great to finally find a good literature forum!, i search in spanish but are not to frequently visited...
    I`m from Central America, I love to read mystery books, specialy from Agatha Christie, but also i like romantic ones... like Jane Austen`s "Pride and Prejudice", other things i like is to watch movies, and motocross.
    I study Geology, and i would really like to share with all of you the books i read and would really like to share comments about them with others, so... Its a pleasure to be here and HELLO!!!

Talking thanks for the welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by dramasnot6 View Post
    Hi cbarto! Welcome to LitNet! You seem to have some wonderful interests and taste in reading. The perfect traits for enjoyment of LitNet Im sure you will love it here.
    dramasnot6,

Thanks for the welcome. Recent books I've read have been: All the King's Men by Robert Penn Warren (1946) now in a movie starring Sean Penn; Pompeii by Robert Harris, author of the Enigma (2003) also in movie form starring Kate Winslet (a friend is including Pompeii in a Latin class he teaches), Murder on the Appian Way by Steven Saylor (1996) historical mystery of Rome around 54 BC, and now Black by Ted Dekker (2004) a fantasy thriller by a young novelist who writes like Stephen King and Dean Koontz, and who also happens to be a missisonary's kid (MK)! My son, Barto3 (24) is also an avid reader of titles by Vonneghut, Shakespeare, Orwell, Bonhoeffer, Dante, and Milton, and Tolstoy! He's not registered yet, but I should encourage him. He's also into music especially Reggae which he sings and plays on his guitar.

It seems like most 12-yr olds my age and other kids despise to read. Me myself am not one of those kids...(unless im forced to read a boring book). I do most stuff like play video games a bit and a bit of soccer...the usual
    Different Names, Same Fate

Hi I'm new here, this site looks interesting and I hope I can find some thread about a book I know about... I haven't read a lot of books but most of the fantasy books (a.k.a. Eragon, Eldest, etc.) I would've read. Well hope I can find something like that.

i'm new too

hey everyone. i am new also. i live in new mexico. i am a christian,a wife,and a mother of two beautiful girls! i love to read!! mostly the classics but i also enjoy history and biographies. i am a radiologic technologist which is a fancy way of saying x-ray tech. i am currently working on a prn,as needed, basis so i can stay home with my girls. i hope to pass on my love for reading and books to my children. i also enjoy writing poetry. my favorite author is edgar allan poe. i am very excited to be a part of this forum because my husband does not like to read. he is a very intelligent person,don't get me wrong, but he just doesn't appreciate good literature like i do. it will be fun to discuss books that don't have bunny rabbits who teach school and bears who drive in them!!!

Blog Entries
    Hello. I'm new here too. Finaly I find a place where I could talk about literature, one of my graet passions.
    Currently reading:
    The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay by Michael Chabon

Smile

Hi =) I love literature, reading and writing, though I'm new here and I must admit, I'm finding it hard to get the hang of this site
    [[xoxox]] ..Skarlette.. [[xoxox]]

Quoth the Raven, "Nevermore"

Just another nerd RobinHood3000's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Welcome, Skarlette - is that you in your profile pic? I like it, very enigmatic and intriguing...
    Por una cabeza
    Si ella me olvida
    Qué importa perderme
    Mil veces la vida
    Para qué vivir

The Black Rabbit of Inle alhara's Avatar

almost

Hi, I’m in Finland, but from the States and am currently in an exchange program. So, consequently there is almost never anyone on at the same time I am. I like to paint and draw and am cursed with being incredibly long winded. I haven’t posted much but I would suggest reading that last sentence of any thing I write and if you like that then read the rest. I have been complete obsessed with most non-destructive things at some point in my life (e.g. computer games, becoming a bard, aim, met, anime, poetry, writing a fantasy novel, psychology, pre renaissance costume and hair you name it) and if I haven’t already I will later. Right now it is listening all the audio books in the classical section of my media mall, and learning Finnish (which is totally not easy). It seems is you makes these too long people skip over them so I will end it here.

Blog Entries
    You look like a really interesting person. Such a great number of interests Wellcome!
    Last edited by Alexei; 12-02-2006 at 05:10 PM.
    Currently reading:
    The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay by Michael Chabon

Thinking...thinking! dramasnot6's Avatar
    Welcome alhara! You have great interests. I too like comp games, aim, poetry, and psych. I'm sure youll have a great time here!
    I declare after all there is no enjoyment like reading! How much sooner one tires of anything than of a book! When I have a house of my own, I shall be miserable if I have not an excellent library.

Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

Talking Hello forum!

Hi all. I was reading the forum's posts and others for some days and decided to become a member. I became addicted to literature recent months. However I am a mediocre in English I would shout out some understandable words sometimes