Page 462 of 466 FirstFirst ... 362412452457458459460461462463464465466 LastLast
Results 6,916 to 6,930 of 6982

Thread: Introduce Yourself here and say Hi.

I am searching for the origin (English and Latin or Italian) for the following (paraphrased) piece from Orlando Furioso (Ludivico Aristo):

"It is small and suitable for (me) and bought with (my) own money. It is home."

I would be grateful if someone could help me find the original source in both English and Latin and exactly where it comes from.

Many thanks

Paperwing

Blog Entries
    Found this reference on google re: Lirica 232 from Rime ??: https://books.google.com/books?id=cs...20home&f=false

The quote: ""It may be small but it ot offensive or ugly; and I paid for it money"... Italian perhaps (from google translate): "
    "Puņ essere piccolo ma offensivo o brutto, e ho pagato per soldi"

still searching...

Ta ! (short for tarradiddle),
    tailor STATELY
    Last edited by tailor STATELY; 12-19-2018 at 04:27 PM. Reason: redundant / quote added
    tailor

who am I but a stitch in time
    what if I were to bare my soul
    would you see me origami

7-8-2015

Blog Entries
    No, not Rime... that was not a work... still looking for Lirica 232

tailor STATELY
    tailor

would you see me origami

7-8-2015

Hi, my name is Victor Rivarola, alias Magnetic. I am 46 yo. Spanish is my first language, but I am pretty fluent in English too... I thank you for letting me into your community.

Hi, I'm Khloe and I'm a single mom with a 20 year old daughter still at home and a grown son who is out living a successful life working at a University. My daughter and I live in a rented apartment in Campbell, California. Love to read books, Franz Kafka is my favorite author.

Blog Entries
    Howdy Khloe78 ! I lived in Campbell for a short time circa 1990... nice little community. Looking forward to your contributions.

tailor STATELY
    tailor

would you see me origami

7-8-2015

Hello there, I'm Lale, a teacher, translator, writer and perpetual student from the south of South America. Right now I'm writing three different monographs to finally get my degree in Literature. I'm very busy and shouldn't be writing here, but...

Blog Entries
    Welcome !

tailor STATELY
    tailor

would you see me origami

7-8-2015

Hi,
    I am basically a medical professional with lot of interest in reading literature and social work. I do write poetry in Kannada, an ancient language actively indulged by people of Karnataka, a province in India. I have a publication to my credit- a collection of 33 poems 2 years ago.
    I am here to envision & exchange info/ and similarities in expressive thoughts of Contemporary world literature.
    Enough for the Day ,my friend.

Hello all! I'm a newcomer here!

Hello all! I'm a newcomer here! It's nice to share everybody's precious views. There is a place to introduce yourself. I say a big Hello to all. My hobbies are simple: easy reading, Asia foods, and some swimming. I haven't enough time for other activities - I'm a student. I'm a strange girl, because of my interest in Hemingway's books. I like his A Farewell to Arms... $-))
    Last edited by karen@john; 02-22-2019 at 11:51 AM. Reason: Mistakes

New Reader

Hey everyone,

I'm interested primarily in literature written during the modern era.

Hello, my name is Privada, I live in Canada, and I'm a father of three. I'm mostly interested in Russian literature and Classics, but overall I'm not too picky in what I read. If it looks good, I'll read it. I'm sure I'll get to know many of you inside the forums, so what I'll do first is read up on the site's rules, and get myself acquainted with the place before I start posting. All the best, Privada.

*Note to Staff* My apologies, I started a new thread without realizing that new members were posting in here instead of creating a new thread; If a staff member would like to delete that thread, by all means; I won't be offended. I just went ahead and posted what I did there, in here. Thank you.

Hello!

I am Isabella; I live in America and am on the brink of entering university. I recently got back into seriously reading after many months of being a disinterested, occasional reader (mostly for classes); it feels good to dive into literature again of my own accord, and I am enthused. I can enjoy anything, any genre, from classic to contemporary, as long as the writing is good, though I am a bit uninformed when it comes to mystery, or science fiction.

Would really love to make some friends and have interesting discussions.

Hello, I came upon this website by chance as I was searching for information about a novel called Blind Windows that was allegedly the inspiration for Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier. I'm a huge duMaurier fan and I came across an interesting post about the interpretations of the story and the (un?)reliability of the narrator. I've written fan fiction about Rebecca and I did put a different twist on things, so I was interested to explore other readers' perceptions. I know Daphne DuMaurier admired strong women and as Rebecca was clearly her 'own woman' I thought the author must have some measure of empathy with this.

Hi I am Gamser#4 from Gamser studios on youtube.
    I am the story maker but due to the channel being fairly new, My work has not yet been featured.
    I hope that you enjoy my stories (mostly snippets and ideas) and i appreciate all criticism
    We Gamsers all have different stories
    I am from the state of Alaska, and am very uncomfortable with this lower US heat
    I let my brain do the thinking, and entertain myself with my own stories
    I always find that in the stories i make just for entertainment, I always put myself inside.
    And just a warning, my stories can get a bit intense, i think my brain has a few issues with "nice, warm and bubbly"
    I hope this gets me enough recognition to get my stories featured on the big channel.
    thank you and have a great day.