Page 449 of 466 FirstFirst ... 349399439444445446447448449450451452453454459 ... LastLast
Results 6,721 to 6,735 of 6982

Thread: Introduce Yourself here and say Hi.

Hey everyone !

Well to start I love to write and read, which is why I'm here. Not going to lie I do love to write more than reading, but not by much. I am a proud "fur-mother" (cringe) to 12 animals. I love them all. I also am starting my very own small animal rescue here in my city (and it will be my city's first !)

I mainly am writing short stories right now and I've even written a pure dialogue short story that I'm pretty proud of, not to toot my own horn lol.

I'm looking forward to the advice and fun this forum will bring !
    "I don’t love you anymore though. What a revelation. I feel so free! I’m finally free.”

A rural part of Sweden, southern Norrland
    Welcome, AmeHau. Animal Rescue sounds interesting. Lots of pet dogs and cats get terrified of fireworks, we get woken up at Midnight on New Years Eve, every year by the Swedish fireworks.
    Last edited by Dreamwoven; 01-18-2017 at 12:31 PM.

Hello....eveybody...
    am ANU ANTONY.
    newbie here.
    just want to introduce myself. u can call me Anu.
    am a post graduate student in English literature...nd from India..
    and want to be a part of ur discussion forum...

Thank you.....

Welcome to LitNet, aNn0!

Hello everyone,

I'm new to the forum so I guess this is the place to start! What can I say? I love books, reading, writing, languages and singing. I also play a bit of sport but nothing too serious, just a bit of tennis and swimming whenever I get time. I work in customer service by day, and read a lot by night! That's about it really. I'm looking forward to hearing about what other people are reading and enjoying in the world of literature

Cheers

Welcome and greetings, Bookman12.

We all have our likes and dislikes, its quite normal. Welcome to the forums!

Hey all, just a new member who enjoys to read and write. I`ll be poking about.

Welcome, kindred spirit!

Good evening to all!
    I’m so happy to discover this excellent forum!
    My childhood dream was to become a professional musician. My mother was a piano teacher and I grew up among Mozart, Chopin and Stravinsky... Unfortunately I had soon to face that this life was not meant for me as I suffer from stage fright. I’ve been keeping on playing music but as an amateur; for 5 or 6 years I’ve specialized in ancient music and I’ve sung and played the lute. I felt in love with English music at the beginning of my music studies and it has become the heart of my repertoire since.
    I changed my professional plans and took a job as a secretary, nothing interesting but it made me a living. For the last years I’ve wanted to resume my studies but had no idea about what to do. And suddenly last year, I had the revelation: and what about English?! I could not believe I had not thought about it beforehand. Sometimes the answer is just under your nose and you can’t see it.
    I’ve realised I do not know English literature so well, please feel free to send me any advice, I would be glad to discover new authors and books! I’ve just finished “the Good Terrorist” by Doris Lessing and now I’ve been reading “the Awakening” by Kate Chopin.
    I know French and Russian literature well. My favourite book is “The Master and Margarita” by Bulgakov. I’m 37 year-old-French woman, my name is Marie. I hope I did not make too much mistakes, I’m sorry if I did (please don’t hesitate to correct me)
    Hope to hear from you soon!
    Marie

Hi there everybody,
    Just thought I'd introduce myself. I enjoy reading and writing and I have great editorial skills. I just don't get a chance to use them much at my regular job so I plan to use them here. I look forward to giving and receiving feedback of the creative works posted here.

Mary, you wrote a very interesting introduction. And your English is fine. I am new here too. I studied English Literature at UCLA. Great reads: Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen, North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell, The Scarlet Letter by N. Hawthorne just to mention a few classic.

closed
    Hello I'm new to this and wanted to introduce myself.

Interest:
    Art, Reading, Movies, Crochet and currently learning BSL

I'm an English Lit. and Philosophy student in my 3rd year of my undergrad course at Brookes Uni. My favourite book is Just Listen, written by my favourite author, Sarah Dessen. I joined this Literature Forum because I'm doing an Independent Study module for Eng. Lit and thought it would be great and helpful to have like minds to bounce ideas off of. I'll be looking at animals in Children's Literature, I'll make a separate post about it in my details later on.

Just saying hello

Hi GUYZ!

Excited to be part of this forum just joined today and I think this is the first one that i actually already feel like part of the community already. Just reading some of the discussions on the forum even on "tough" subjects like religion i am thrilled to see a intellectual discussion and expression of views that is honest and genuine. This is looking like a great place to expand on my own knowledge and impart what i know.

Thanks Mods, admin and whoever runs these forums I really appreciate it being here.

Greetings!

I stumbled upon this forum when I was in the midst of Ulysses and wondering what other people thought of the book. I wasn't sure I would finish it, had a hard time understanding it and began resenting all the official opinions of the experts espousing it as a great work of art and a "must read"! And now months later...I find myself thinking about it and motivated to read it again. Go figure. Anyway, I was a fairly avid reader during and shortly after college...then lost touch with the literary world while raising a family and working on my career. Kids are mostly grown now (chronologically but only somewhat emotionally :-) and I have rediscovered my love of reading. This forum has been a great resource to me to help direct and develop my list.