Page 447 of 466 FirstFirst ... 347397437442443444445446447448449450451452457 ... LastLast
Results 6,691 to 6,705 of 6982

Thread: Introduce Yourself here and say Hi.

Good morning, all.

I'm an Australian man in his sixties interested in history, literature, sport. This is my first post here so I'll probably botch it somehow. Never mind, I'll get the hang of the forum eventually.

Redcraze

Closed
    Welcome to the site, Sowmika and Redcraze. You are doing great so far.

Howdy! I come from somewhere far, but not necessarily so in all cases; don't we all? My 'literature interests' follow subjects and genres such as Philosophy, fiction, romance, existentialism, BL, fantasy, a touch of surrealism, plays, manga (ok, you are going to say ”manga is not literature” and I cannot argue. But then you'll say, 'heck, why did you put it here in the first place then?' and I'm going to answer, most probably, 'because I sometimes read manga as if it's a sort of literature'), and, quite recently, Japanese literature. I may read other stuff as well; hell, I actually do.

It's my second time on this site; however, I cannot log in with my old account for several reasons (no matter that I completely forgot the username and password, but I've also deleted the email address I've had back then, so I'm at a complete loss in that regard. I've simply decided to register under a new, fresh account). I hope to plunge into interesting conversations here and there. And I'm actually sure I shall.

Have a nice day!

Closed
    Welcome, Tamago, or I guess welcome back. And don't worry there are some manga fans here. Not me, but there are a few. Anyway, good to see you here again.

A rural part of Sweden, southern Norrland
    OK, I'm an old fogie, no idea what manga is...

Pompey Bun, thanks for the welcome. Don't worry, I have a lot of manga buddies as it is and I get my fill of talking/discussing and overjoying over certain series and whatever else. it's all good.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamwoven View Post
    OK, I'm an old fogie, no idea what manga is...
    Simply put, manga are Japanese comics (though I do not prefer this nomenclature and I hardly use it, even for description purposes). You can read more on Wiki about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamago View Post
    Pompey Bun, thanks for the welcome. Don't worry, I have a lot of manga buddies as it is and I get my fill of talking/discussing and overjoying over certain series and whatever else. it's all good.

Simply put, manga are Japanese comics (though I do not prefer this nomenclature and I hardly use it, even for description purposes). You can read more on Wiki about it.
    Thanks for that, Tamago. I checked the wiki, and there is quite a lot about it. Its all in Japanese, of course.

Hello
    Am glad I managed to stumble across this interesting website. Like many writers, I have a story within me to share someday, but right now it will be great to share here with likeminded readers, writers and fellow members until I find my writing voice.

Welcome to Litnet, Press.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamwoven View Post
    Welcome to Litnet, Press.
    Thank You!, Dreamwoven, enjoy your day

Here I am! Anna, Books & Sea

Hi, there! I'm Anna.

It was a few years ago, when I left a hectic full-time job in journalism to live by the sea with my husband, two sons and three cats. This year I bought a yellow typewriter, started to wake up with sunrise and write my magnum opus about the sea in literature. I set sail.

My beachbooksblog.wordpress.com is like a diary of my sea trips through the books. I feel inspired to share my passion with readers all over the globe.

My love for the sea. My love for the books.

I want to collect all the books in the world that mention the sea. To finish my encyclopedic journey and publish it. To open a bookshop by the sea and invite you all :)

It was February 2, 2016, when I woke up at dawn, while my boys were still asleep, and started to work on my Enseaclopedia. It was the 134th birthday of James Joyce, and the birth of my journey. Since then I wake up very early to go into my studio on the first floor of the house where I try to understand the secret of the sea.

I’m not in a hurry, because reading is something like breathing. In and out I turn the pages and enjoy the sailing through the words and sentences, through the paragraphs and chapters. Searching for the colors, sounds and moods of the sea. Searching for the ships and boats, waves and islands, sea gods and monsters, ports and lighthouses, sea birds and fishes, sailors and pirates, swimmers and lovers, ebb and flow. For the secret of the sea.

I am really glad I found this network :)

Anna
    Last edited by BeachBooksBlog; 12-10-2016 at 02:59 PM.

Blog Entries
    Welcome! and congratulations on living your dream.

Ta ! (short for tarradiddle),
    tailor STATELY
    tailor

who am I but a stitch in time
    what if I were to bare my soul
    would you see me origami

7-8-2015

tailor STATELY, thank you for your warm welcome.

So, where I sit tells much about me. I sit in the Texas Hill Country down a dead end road. I got here by way of Los Angeles, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Tanzania, Kenya, BIOLA College, Michigan, Ethiopia, Kenya again, Arizona, and Tennessee. Sam Houston and Davey Crocket got to Texas before I did, but then, I did not have to take the real estate with quite as much violence as they did. My back history in Africa was as a missionary's kid and later as a missionary with my wife to Ethiopia and Kenya. I grew up listening to the BBC for all my news on short wave. My world was all of it at times. I speak English the best I can, and I can survive in Swahili. This will have to do for now. Feel free to contact me if you share some of my back history.

I hope this is the right place to do an introduction.

Welcome to LitNet, Steve!