Page 415 of 466 FirstFirst ... 315365405410411412413414415416417418419420425465 ... LastLast
Results 6,211 to 6,225 of 6982

Thread: Introduce Yourself here and say Hi.

Closed
    Welcome indeed, 9Jan. If you want to post a poem, go to the "forum" page (there's a button to get you there at the upper left of the screen). That will list all the forums the site offers, grouped by category headings. Follow the list down to the category heading "writing," under which you will find the link to a forum called "personal poetry." Click on that link and you will be in the forum. You can start a thread and post your poetry there by clicking on the "post a new thread" link at the upper left of that screen. It sounds complicated, but it's really just a few quick clicks.

You should be aware, though, that some fledgling poets post here because they want merciless criticism in order to improve their work (better we do it for them than the New Yorker). If you don't want that, BE SURE TO SAY SO AT THE TOP OF THE THREAD.

I hope that's helpful. I look forward to seeing your work.

I'm a Copywriter from South Africa who just enjoys reading. Hobbies - Reading, Watching movies and television....the usual geeky stuff.

Closed
    Welcome Zibusiso! Sounds like you will fit in well with us usual geeks.

Hi!

I'm a 23 year old guy from India. My interests are reading, science and writing. The writing part is fairly new( about 18 months old) so I'm still finding my feet there. Hope to have a great time here. :-)
    Last edited by Alephstories; 06-19-2015 at 11:58 AM.

'We all come to resemble the image others have of us' - Borges

We write stories down at - http://alephstories.blogspot.in

Closed
    Welcome to the site, Aleph. I look forward to getting to know you.

Hello everyone!

Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by SolveigAsvid View Post
    Hello everyone!
    Hello Solveig. Welcome to the site!

Hello - How nice to find you. I'm reading Little Dorrit and wanted to see if anyone was discussing it. My google search "discussion little dorrit" brought me here. I love nonfiction and a variety of classical literature. Was just thinking that Dickens was the first cast member in the Monty Python set, and others, dontcha think? Am having a blast reading Little Dorrit, and thinking there's enough comment in it to qualify as nonfiction in a certain way - like any truly effective satire.

Closed
    Hello Niaih, and welcome to the site. You can start threads about Little Dorrit in the General Literature forum, or in the Authors Forum (under the sub-forum Dickens and the sub-sub forum Little Dorrit). A number of members (including me, Jonathan, and Carmilla) love talking Dickens, and Jonathan (though he is too modest to sat so) is quite an expert.

My favorite character in Little Dorrit is Flora Finch, who just cracks me up every time she talks.
    Last edited by Pompey Bum; 06-23-2015 at 03:20 PM.

Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheng Yu-tung View Post
    Hi everybody.

Just love reading books. At the moment reading The Day of the Locust is a 1939 novel by American author Nathanael West a novel by American author Nathanael West. Have you read it?
    Greetings Yu-tung and welcome to the site. I have read Day of the Locust and Miss Lonelyhearts by West, but that was long ago (in the 70s, just to show you how old I am). West died young, as you probably know. Otherwise I think he would have been a major 20th century literary voice. I'm glad you are enjoying him.

Hello,

I'm an artist/writer but am leaning toward the writing after taking drawing classes.. I look forward to art and peoples expressions regardless!!

Closed
    Hello Jodie and welcome to the site.

Hey TRIGGER! Welcome to you, too. I enjoyed your comments on the religion thread, but like Melanie, I wished you had expanded them a little. Hopefully you will find the time to get back to the discussion. I'd love to hear your point of view. Welcome again.

EDIT: What does your avatar show?

It's too small I know but I should keep it it's very useful.. Keidel Classic Organizational Design Tradeoff. These tradeoffs that must be managed in designing organizations.

Closed
    Thank God. I thought you were an Amway salesman. ;-)