Page 410 of 466 FirstFirst ... 310360400405406407408409410411412413414415420460 ... LastLast
Results 6,136 to 6,150 of 6982

Thread: Introduce Yourself here and say Hi.

Closed
    Merhaba TLB and welcome to the site. You will find many lovers of Russian and French literature here. Please make yourself at home.

Closed
    Hello Alana and welcome to the site.

Hi, I'm also new here (obviously). Like Samercury above, I also love languages. I can speak and read Japanese, Spanish, and some German and Russian besides English. I would also like to study ancient Greek, Sanskrit, Turkish, Arabic, Hebrew... <sigh> So many languages, so little time....
    I actually don't much like poetry, but Japanese and German poetry in the original languages is great. I don't know what it is about English, but most of our poetry is not that good (IMHO). As for fiction, Paul Auster, Hermann Hesse, and most hard science fiction (not <shudder> fantasy, except for JRR Tolkien, who was a god)....
    Oh freddled gruntbuggly,
    Thy micturations are to me
    As plurdled gabbleblotchits on a lurgid bee.

Red face

Hi everyone...
    im from indonesia
    i like to talk about french litterature and comparative literature..
    my favorite author is haruki murakami (well he is japanese but i still love his books), albert camus, sartre, kafka etc..

Closed
    Hi Lurgid and Ica. Welcome to the site. Make yourselves right at home.

Blog Entries
    That's a nice idea of converting one's stories into short-movie scripts. That might be one way to test the effectiveness of the short story's plot. Welcome!

Hello guys, I'm Giuliano( yea, really no point in coming up with a nickname). Unfortunately I had already posted a thread before thinking about introducting myself, but hey, better now than never. While we are at it, I hope you will allow me to take the liberty of asking whether you'd like to provide your thoughts on my thread "Should a non-native speaker write in english?" under "general literature"( I can't post the link, apparently).

Hi Everybody. I'm a librarian, and I guess you could call me a scholar as well. I wrote my doctoral thesis on Shakespeare, and I'm in negotiations to get it published. A book on Shakespeare...now that's a dream come true. I'm about to ask a very specific question in another part of the forum. Maybe you could help me with it! Thanks much.

Closed
    Hey Giuiliano and Watch-dog. Welcome to both of you! Good luck on getting published, WD. Sounds like a really exciting time.

Thanks Pompey!

Hi folks, my name here is Emma Woodhouse, because I love Emma by Jane Austen, and I live in sunny Marrakech.
    I never meet people who read Austen, and maybe this could change...

Closed
    Welcome Emma! You will find many Austin readers here. I've been to sunny Marrakech, by the way, and loved it. Morocco is such a beautiful country!

Hello friends,
    I am John.
    I have found this forum interesting and thought you people might like a new journal that I found.
    If you love writing or reading literary works, like poems, stories, articles in English Language, you can try this one. I am posting the link here
    ashvamegh . net Ashvamegh is an international journal that accepts submission of every kind round the year.
    Please go ahead and give it a try.

Hi, I just posted an intro but it's not showing up (yet) Must be a reason, I guess! Does the moderator vet stuff before publication?

Closed
    Hi Blad! I'm not sure the answer to your question (I'm not a mod), but welcome to the site on any case.