Page 4 of 466 FirstFirst 1234567891454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce Yourself here and say Hi.

Blog Entries
    me too ....me too!!!...
    I mean i love wuthering heights and (@ Night) i love Jane Eyre... Bronte does her work perfectly, and i love the fact that she makes sure all her "round" characters develop by the end of the novel...

And the gates of this Chapel were shut,
    And Thou shalt not, writ over the door:
    So I turned to the Garden of Love,
    That so many sweet flowers bore. - "The Garden of Love", William Blake.

Hi my one and only welcome to this forum
    i liked that Stephan King movies ,but i 've never read his works , the only horror auther i 've read was for Algernon Blackwood i believed his works are much interesting ,
    the best writers are the Bronte's , I don't know but i felt that their writes full of their life experences , i mean each story had something from their life and personality , i liked Withring Heights caz it is full of passions unlike Shirley , it was just like treating some kind of clergymen's problems and mill's owner during their time

Angel Of Darkness NightmareBeauty's Avatar

Cool my intro

hey everybody. Im new here. Im NightmareBeauty.

I like art, music (mostly rock and metal depending on artist.), acting, reading and esp. writting. I also draw.
    Im into pretty much gothic stuff even though i'm not really a goth. I can be preppy at times. I love poetry from edgar allen poe, and many more gothic/macabre authors. Have u guys heard of H.P Lovecraft? He's cool too. I read fantasy, goth/macabre/horror, and science fiction. I write my own poetry and im working on writting tales. This site is awesome. It was love at first site while i was just simply looking for poem for english,lol.

c,ya!

Hey

Hi I'm a new member. Call me Kidd <- my pen name which I use for my drawings as well. I am going to be a college freshman! w00t! Sadly I'm still stuck in high school. I have recently been taking AP Lit, which boosted my interests in classics. My favorite books so far are the Catch-22, Waiting for Godot and Crime and Punishment. I am big supporter of classical music! I love classical music. Some of my favorites are La Flute de Pan, Pied Piper for flute and piccolo, Genzmer Sonanta, the Barton Sonata (and yes, I'm a flute player), Fire bird Suite, New World Symphony by Dvorak, Sorcerer's Apprentice (this piece is amazing, extremely hard, and tiring, but good nonetheless). I prefer new alternative and heavy metal and classics over other music. I like playing games like Soul Calibur II, Super Smash Bros, and other kinds of mmorpgs. I like classical word games like bookworm. I love comic books as well. I like Foxtrot, Garfield, X-men, Superman, Naruto, One Piece, Now, Get Backers, Air Gear, etc. I consider my self fairly well rounded person. I like nearly everything. I hate rap. That is one thing I cannot stand. I have not posted any at the moment. But I hope to do so. I think many people here are well rounded. Although I haven't posted anything, I have read many threads. I'm one of those people who have to read through the entire thread before posting anything of my own because I don't want to repeat something some had said earlier on.

Well... That's most of my interests and ideas.

I'm also very interested in writing. I write, draw, and practice during my spare time. I would love to work with a writer to make a comic book. I have to say, I have read many fictions out there on line and have not found a very great writing yet. My drawing style reflects that of the "anime" style. But I must say, I despise anime. I like manga, but I cannot stand anime, with exception of the animes that were originally anime from the beginning.

I chose panda for my icon because I am very fond of the big furry creature. I am some what like them. I usually dress in black and white. I get excited easily, but I am in peace in my mind. There are many things that I share with panda.

Ok, I think I wrote enough to give you the gist of what kind of person I am. I am glad to meet you all. I am very excited to be around people like yourselves. It is a great pleasure on my part.

Hi Ngithmare beauty: Its lovely to meet you here. Welcome to the forum. I love Poe's poetry specially the poem: "The Raven"

I also like music very much. I can hear rock, classic, rap...etc. (not too choosy)

Its cool that you write poems. If you like, you can post your poetry on our poetry.com.

I hope to hear from you often.

Kid, Welcome to the forum! Its nice to meet you as well. I also like drawing writing but I am not very good with writing. (hehe)

*says to herself: Pensive, Your interests are getting too common, its good because you will be able to find friends.*
    I sang of leaves, of leaves of gold, and leaves of gold there grew.

Blog Entries
    Welcome Nightmare and Kidd.

I've only been around since November, but does it seem like there's been an uptick in membership the last couple of months?
    LET THERE BE LIGHT

"Love follows knowledge." – St. Catherine of Siena

My literature blog: http://ashesfromburntroses.blogspot.com/

Just another nerd RobinHood3000's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    FOXTROT is the King of Comics.
    Por una cabeza
    Si ella me olvida
    Qué importa perderme
    Mil veces la vida
    Para qué vivir

hello to everyone
    i really am yvonne so no anonimity for me - well a little i guess
    i live in UK the North West
    look foreward to conversing

Smile Intoduce Yourself here and say Hi.

i clicked on advanced i have a lot to learn

Blog Entries
    S'all right, we're here to offer tutelage. Welcome to the LitNet Forums!
    Por una cabeza
    Si ella me olvida
    Qué importa perderme
    Mil veces la vida
    Para qué vivir

Blog Entries
    Welcome, Yvonne. I hope you enjoy our discussions. A couple of them have been pretty lively lately.
    LET THERE BE LIGHT

Another newbie!

Hello! I feel really, really new right now, but after reading all these comments, I think I'll feel more familiar with the site soon!
    My passion is for literature. When I was little, I skipped a whole level of reading and went straight from Boxcar Children to Shakespeare. An odd childhood, but it's been useful. Right now, I'm discovering the beauty of Charles Dickens; I have never read one of his books without shedding tears. Tolkien is also a favourite, and just this summer I read the 'Space Trilogy' (C.S.Lewis) and was awestruck at the power of words. I myself love to write: I am working on three novels.
    However, I cannot write unless I have the proper inspiration. Firstly, God (I'm a Christian) aids my speech. My favourite book of the Bible is Revelation; I remember the first time I read it I could not stop crying for wonder.
    Secondly, music. I have developed a fondness for some modern music, but mostly I like soundtracks to movies such as Finding Neverland (the source of my name), Narnia, and LOTR, and then compositions such as Holst's The Planets and Ralph Vaughan William's fantasias on Greensleeves and various Thomas Tallis works.
    I generally only watch movies of books- LOTR, Narnia, Oliver Twist, Nicholas Nickleby, and A Tale of Two Cities were this year's.
    I'm learning Spanish, French, and Latin. Linguistics are so intriguing. And that feels like a terribly long bio for a "quick reply". I'll toddle off to the forums now.

Blog Entries
    Welcome to you too. You sound like an interesting person.
    LET THERE BE LIGHT

Blog Entries
    Well, howdy there! Nice avatar, the original "Boxcar Children #1" was the best, and welcome!
    Last edited by RobinHood3000; 12-23-2005 at 10:10 AM.
    Por una cabeza
    Si ella me olvida
    Qué importa perderme
    Mil veces la vida
    Para qué vivir

Hello everyone! My name's Zach, I'm 18, and I live in (currently) frosty New England. I stumbled upon this forum accidentally by the grace of Google, read a few posts, liked what I saw - and here I am!

I've been interested in literature for a long time but never buckled down and started reading a lot until recently. I read Adler and van Doren's book "How to Read a Book" one idle afternoon and now I'm on a thirsty quest to devour as much of the world's classics as I can. Right now I'm using Fadiman's "New Lifetime Reading Plan" as a starting point and jumping around his list to get introduced to authors I've heard of and never read, and to get reacquainted with authors I've read before. So, I'm really excited to talk to others about these books.

I'm not a big hobby person, but I enjoy taking walks and jogging, swimming, writing, and philosophizing. The center of my interest the last few years has been religion - all religion from Christianity to Buddhism - and how different religions compare and contrast to one another. My favorite conversations are ones about God, ethics, and the afterlife.

I'm not sure what else to say, so I'll just leave it at that. Looking forward to getting acquainted with everyone!