Page 366 of 466 FirstFirst ... 266316356361362363364365366367368369370371376416 ... LastLast
Results 5,476 to 5,490 of 6982

Thread: Introduce Yourself here and say Hi.

I am new to this forum and am loving it. I write poetry and have published a book of poetry last year. I am sure I will find a lot of interesting things here to read!

I am in highschool and i want feedback to try and get better. I speak english and french and really enjoy learning new languages. I also love sitting down with a good book and drifting off into my imagination.

Hello, everyone

I'm a 16-year-old girl from Dubrovnik, Croatia. I'm half-American and half-Croatian, so I speak both almost perfectly, but English is my mother tongue. I'm currently a junior at high school and plan to study in the United States, preferably UC Berkeley (fingers crossed!). My main interests are linguistics, history, and, of course, literature.
    I love reading and writing, which is basically why I joined this thread. I can't wait to start talking to users who love books as much as I do and hope I learn how to argue and/or discuss properly. My favorite book is currently A Tale of Two Cities (it changes from time to time) and I can't pick a favorite author for the life of me.
    As for other media, I am a big fan of the TV shows Doctor Who, Downton Abbey and Game of Thrones. My favorite movies are Dead Poet's Society (predictable, I know), Moonrise Kingdom and The Shawshank Redemption. Music-wise, I listen mostly to rock, the softer, darker kind. Bands like Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, The Cure, Echo and the Bunnymen, The Doors...I like Lana del Rey and Gotye a lot though.

I look forward to meeting all of you

Blog Entries
    Greetings, all
    My hide hides the heart inside

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyStardust View Post
    Hello, everyone

I'm a 16-year-old girl from Dubrovnik, Croatia. I'm half-American and half-Croatian, so I speak both almost perfectly, but English is my mother tongue. I'm currently a junior at high school and plan to study in the United States, preferably UC Berkeley (fingers crossed!). My main interests are linguistics, history, and, of course, literature.
    I love reading and writing, which is basically why I joined this thread. I can't wait to start talking to users who love books as much as I do and hope I learn how to argue and/or discuss properly. My favorite book is currently A Tale of Two Cities (it changes from time to time) and I can't pick a favorite author for the life of me.
    As for other media, I am a big fan of the TV shows Doctor Who, Downton Abbey and Game of Thrones. My favorite movies are Dead Poet's Society (predictable, I know), Moonrise Kingdom and The Shawshank Redemption. Music-wise, I listen mostly to rock, the softer, darker kind. Bands like Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, The Cure, Echo and the Bunnymen, The Doors...I like Lana del Rey and Gotye a lot though.

I look forward to meeting all of you
    A Tale of Two Cities was the fourth Dickens book I read as a teenager, and I loved it! It is so difficult to pick my favorite Dickens book but Charles Darnay is easily one of my favorite characters of all time!
    My hide hides the heart inside

I'm glad you liked it so much It was my...2nd Dickens book, I think. I remember having finished reading Oliver Twist and not being too immpressed, but then my grandmother made me read A Tale of Two Cities and I just fell in love. I agree, Darnay is a great character; him and Dr. Manette are my two favorites.

Hi everyone,

I am 33 years old and i come from this country very far away, where people used to be great writers, all of them, Rousseau, Balzac, Louis Ferdinand Celine, Bob Marley (yes, he is actually born in a city called "Toulouse" and wrote two excellent novels, undercover), but something happened... and now we do not even win the world cup or anything, this place is a mess and our lives just depend on cheese production and weapons exportations. That is France, yeah, come and visit us soon !

Appart from my useless nationality (i am like cancer or bad knees, i have no borders), i like very much writing ! Oh yes i do. I write all kind of things, from mementos to love songs, i also write cereals notice, just for the fun. My great project is to re-write the holy bible, in a more popular version, maybe four or five pages only, with jokes in it and less characters, only Jesus actually, who is my favorite, because of the shoes and i don't know why really, just like Jennifer Lopez, i love her and i don't know why, but with a smaller ***.

Anyway, i take every kind of medication, i love pommel-horse and, in 10 years, i see myself living on royalties of a song i wrote cause i am also playing the guitar, the song is called "Baby, you're gonna love your man" and i hope it will hit the top of the pop soon.

My english is not perfect, and i think this is great, and i don't know what else i could say.
    Oh... yes, one last thing :
    If i was a fruit, i would be a strawberry, because i don't know many fruits-names in english.

I am gonna read your stories now and i hope i will like and understand it.

Bye now.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by poetessgina333 View Post
    I am new to this forum and am loving it. I write poetry and have published a book of poetry last year. I am sure I will find a lot of interesting things here to read!
    Welcome to LitNet!

Looking forward to reading your poetry.

Please take time to join us in the Poetry Contests.

Ta ! (short for tarradiddle),
    tailor STATELY
    tailor

who am I but a stitch in time
    what if I were to bare my soul
    would you see me origami

7-8-2015

i mtrying to post a new thread in the short story section but my post are denied, i couldnt say why, "number of urls" the message tells me, or forbidden words. Anyone could help ?

*pokes head in* I suppose I'm in the right place for introductions...

Hello! I'm Gervaise, or Gervais, or Katie, whatever you want. The name comes from the really minor character Petit Gervais from Les Miserables, which is one of my favorite books (the E came in the end after a friend pointed out that Gervaise would be feminine, after I had already made an account on another site under the name Gervais.) I'm probably going to be mostly lurking on here, to be honest. 16 year old female, southeastern US, not sure if major will be English or music.

To butt in on the conversation above, I love Tale of Two Cities as well.

Hello everybody!

I'm coming from distant, cold country - ladies and gentleman, I'm glad I can welcome you from Poland I'm in a highschool and I read almost everything, but I prefer fantasy books and crime fiction. And poetry, of course. If you were wondering what the name 'Hlin' means - well, Norse mythology is fascinating, isn't it? ;>

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hlin View Post
    Hello everybody!

I'm coming from distant, cold country - ladies and gentleman, I'm glad I can welcome you from Poland I'm in a highschool and I read almost everything, but I prefer fantasy books and crime fiction. And poetry, of course. If you were wondering what the name 'Hlin' means - well, Norse mythology is fascinating, isn't it? ;>
    Witaj
    Co z fantastyki czytasz najczęściej?
    Pozdrawiam

Hello conman here just started in fictional lit reading and looking for good place to dicuss hopefully this will be a good place

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by conman89 View Post
    Hello conman here just started in fictional lit reading and looking for good place to dicuss hopefully this will be a good place
    Welcome I am sure you`ll find here many opportunities to talk and change your opinions

Ahhh Hello. Um. Wow, I'm really out of my depth here, aren't I?

My name is Zahilara Bennett, and I'm a university student. Writing has always been my passion and I'm always looking for ways to make my writing better. I'm working on a novel and wish that I can get it published some day. I'm studying English at university as well, because really that's all I'm good at, though I've dabbled a little in physics and calculus as well. I have a passion for languages and want to learn French and Spanish and Russian and a whole bunch of other languages. My poetry sucks but I want to get better with that too.

I like watching tv shows and am obsessed with music; I listen to music for about 94% of my waking hours. I'm rather insane and childish, but can behave myself when forced to.

It's really great to meet you all and hope I figure how to use this site, because I'm kind of a technological dunce.
    ZKB