Page 365 of 466 FirstFirst ... 265315355360361362363364365366367368369370375415465 ... LastLast
Results 5,461 to 5,475 of 6982

Thread: Introduce Yourself here and say Hi.

Voice of Chaos & Anarchy
    In one of the branches of the multiverse, but I don't know which one.
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakiryu View Post
    Yay! I'm glad to hear so! I promise to show my face around here more often when Academia stops beating me to a pulp!

So nice to see that some of the old members are still around
    Yu are fortunate to be a student. It is so pleasant and easy.

Hello fellow members,

I'm from Germany and currently in my mid-thirties.
    My hobbies (and incidentally my job) revolve around the subjects film & photography, hence a large part of the books I read are of said nature.
    But I also like to read drama, thrillers, classics & comedies. One of my favorites, which I only recently took to, is "Heart of Darkness" by Joseph Konrad. Right now I am reading a book which is basically a dialogue between Bernie Glassman and Jeff Bridges.

Initially I came to look for a forum like this to pose a question, to be honest. I know it is not seen as polite to open an account just to make one post and disappear. But having peeked into some of the topics and being an avid short story author myself (both in german and english), I can see myself spending a few afternoons here reading and writing.
    Also, since I write mainly for the screen, maybe I will be able to bring another perspective to the table.

In any case, I am looking forward to some interesting, ongoing and profound conversations.

Vandelay.
    Last edited by Vandelay; 02-27-2013 at 06:56 AM.

Hi, I'm Sara, I'm from Spain.

I'm new here and I am looking forward to meet you and to share and find more new ideas for reading.

I have a literature blog: Guardiana de Libros, it is in Spanish but you can translate it by google or by a button on the right side of the page.

See you =)

Hello everyone.

I am a 21-year-old Irish female bibliophile and I have been in love with literature for most of my life. I spent the past three years doing my undergraduate degree in Law at the University of Cambridge because I am sensible and practical, but in secret I have spent many sleepless nights attempting to write a novel. My dream would be for it to be published (or even finished) some day in the not-too distant future.

I chose the name Byronic because I remember reading a poem of Byron's when I was eleven (Darkness) and being completely entranced by it. Up until then my experience of poetry had been very tepid, dominated by Seamus Heaney's 'Mid-Term Break' or Wordsworth's 'Daffodils'. I realised reading Byron that really great literature has breath, given long-lasting life by the reader. My other early literary loves include 'Tess of the D'Urbervilles' and 'Great Expectations', the latter of which was my first proper classic, discovered at the age of eight.

As I cut my literary teeth on fairytales, my favourite writer is (perhaps rather predictably) Angela Carter. I have read A.S. Byatt's Possession thirteen times, at a push I would say that it is probably my favourite book. In terms of poetry (aside from Byron) I stumbled across Akhmatova's 'Requiem' (the Judith Hemschemeyer translations) and have never quite been the same person since. I also admire Modernist literature, especially Virginia Woolf and James Joyce.

The only other important thing to add in terms of my literary taste are the things that I dislike: I think Charlotte Bronte's criticism of Jane Austen is both insightful and pertinent; I find Wordsworth's poetry insipid and I have never been a fan of gritty 20th century authors like Salinger and Steinbeck.

I'm really looking forward to plenty of talking and writing about books and would love to hear from anyone with similar (or startlingly different) literary preferences!
    'If I don't write to empty my mind, I go mad' - Lord Byron

Exclamation Constant Contrast

Hello,

This is Sam and I'm mostly into abstract writings with influences from post-modernism and existentialism.
    I've set up a portal which could be found at constantcontrast.com
    I'd really appreciate if you could check the posts and leave a message there on what you think!

Thanks

Hey all,

This is Matt, or Proc on here (made up Greek name that I stick to). I am an English Graduate Student right now covering a lot of American Romanticism, but I'd say my major interest is in the older British Literature. My guilty pleasure is that I'm a swim coach and swimmer. I actually get to pay for Grad school through my assistant coaching job, and I try to keep the weight off by swimming a good deal every day. Otherwise I love reading, particularly interested in Poe for right now as I'm working my way through his works, but I move about a lot as one of my classes is a more modern, "Theory of the Essay" course which is also very interesting, regardless of my slight apprehension for modern writings.

I'm excited to be on this forum! I know I will learn a lot and hope to aid as much as I can with anything I know.

Sincerely,
    Proc

Hi writers and readers!

My name's Chris Gill and I'm a big fan of post-apocalyptic sci-fi, as well as other sci-fi, horror, sci-fi horror, sci-fi fantasy and fantasy!

I write short stories, flash fiction, poetry and I'm currently working on my first ever novella.

I also have a blog which I write about a range of subjects from politics to environmental pieces: CWGill.com. I also work full-time as a copywriter, contribute to several other blogs and am gearing up to release a self-help memoir called Oracles under City Lights this summer: prntd.co.uk/oracles I'm releasing it through an indie publishing company I co-founded in 2011 when I released my debut collection of poetry, Verses: prntd.co.uk/verses

Looking forward to sharing and connecting with you all. You know all about me now... so please tell me about you!

Chris
    Last edited by Chris Gill; 03-10-2013 at 01:01 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Gill View Post
    Hi writers and readers!

My name's Chris Gill and I'm a big fan of post-apocalyptic sci-fi, as well as other sci-fi, horror, sci-fi horror, sci-fi fantasy and fantasy!

I write short stories, flash fiction, poetry and I'm currently working on my first ever novella.

I also have a blog which I write about a range of subjects from politics to environmental pieces: CWGill.com. I also work full-time as a copywriter, contribute to several other blogs and am gearing up to release a self-help memoir called Oracles under City Lights this summer: prntd.co.uk/oracles I'm releasing it through an indie publishing company I co-founded in 2011 when I released my debut collection of poetry, Verses: prntd.co.uk/verses

Looking forward to sharing and connecting with you all. You know all about me now... so please tell me about you!

Chris
    Hello Nice to meet you here.

I write poetry and prose, in Polish and Spanish.

Greetings,

Hannah

Hi everyone,

My name is Sarah. I am currently a grad student and joined this site in hopes of finding other like minded book nerds who would love to chat all things reading and writing. I work two jobs and play a lot of volleyball and feel like I am not allowing much time for my biggest passion which is reading. Hopefully that will change

Hello Every Body Check Out The Wonderful Words Below and Share Your Feedback

The beauty of the heart

The beauty of the heart
    is the lasting beauty:
    its lips give to drink
    of the water of life.
    Truly it is the water,
    that which pours,
    and the one who drinks.
    All three become one when

your talisman is shattered.
    That oneness you can't know
    by reasoning.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sswartz View Post
    Hi everyone,

My name is Sarah. I am currently a grad student and joined this site in hopes of finding other like minded book nerds who would love to chat all things reading and writing. I work two jobs and play a lot of volleyball and feel like I am not allowing much time for my biggest passion which is reading. Hopefully that will change
    Welcome I hope that you`ll find here what you want to

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hipatia View Post
    Hi, I'm Sara, I'm from Spain.

I'm new here and I am looking forward to meet you and to share and find more new ideas for reading.

I have a literature blog: Guardiana de Libros, it is in Spanish but you can translate it by google or by a button on the right side of the page.

See you =)
    Bienvenida

Wanderer ....
    Good day to all who venture into this part of the forum; my academic background will prove useless in this forum. To an extent it could prove a hindrance but I shall try to resist any conflict in terms of mind-set, or rather approach to any discussions.
    I have always relied on rationale to steer me through the learning process of any subject I might be interested in which for my undergraduate years was mathematics and later on when I overlapped into physics.
    Hopefully, I will be as open-minded as is necessary because I have come here to learn but I have some reservations regarding whether it will be a successful foray into a subject [literature] that I’ve often regarded as anathema to reasoned exploration.
    I shall endeavour to explain my somewhat heretical position in my first post …

Hello all!

I'm Steve and I live in North Carolina in the US. I majored in history in school, and now work at a college. As I just finished my master's degree, I finally have time to read! My biggest problem is finding good stuff to read. None of my friends read all that much, so finding suggestions is difficult.

Hi,

I'm Ughek.
    The stone and me.