Page 363 of 466 FirstFirst ... 263313353358359360361362363364365366367368373413463 ... LastLast
Results 5,431 to 5,445 of 6982

Thread: Introduce Yourself here and say Hi.

Hi, my name is Lyn & I enjoy literary books primarily. Although Agatha Christie is a favorite too! I have just read Richard Yate's book, "Revolutionary Road." Somewhat what on the same lines, I am also reading Kerouac. I also love English Lit such as Thomas Hardy and George Elliot and Jane Austen. I am finishing Margaret Atwood's, "The Year of the Flood." I read "Alias Grace" before that. She is such a diverse writer!

My hobbies are gardening, jogging, working out, cats, and I worked in several libraries in my working years. I am 55, and not employed (would like to be), but planning my next move as to job searching.

This forum will be a nice change for me! Lyn

Hello everyone =D My name is Franznar12 and I'm new member of this site =D I wish you will be nice on me =D

I suppose this is a good place to post a first post. I guess I'll just describe who I am and why I'm here.

My name is Nick. I'm a part-time college student majoring in English/writing. I signed up for this site because I have a short story class this semester and it's been a long while since I've delved into that realm. I'm hoping I can receive (and contribute) helpful criticism before I have to read my stories aloud in class.

hi my name is levent and i am from turkey

Hello everyone, I'm new my name is Emma and I'm from England, United Kingdom.

Blog Entries
    As a traveling housewife and sometimes architect, I use all new moves to once again confront Harold Bloom's Western Canon. My goal is to finish this 42 page book list...once I thought I could do it in a year...but now I realize that would require reading multiple books simultaneously 24-7. Because I value sleeping, and some of these books pose a formidable challenge, my goal now is to try and finish the list within the next three years. Hopeful? Yes. Impossible? Maybe. Only time will tell. Currently I am working my way through Sam Shepard's Seven Plays...I'm not really the biggest fan. Any Shepard admirers out there?

Hello Dean W and welcome to the forum I read your intro and your goals you want to achieve can't help to feel that you have made your reading to sound much like a chore and it sounds like quite a frantic one ??? but maybe I have misinterperted your post??? anyway welcome to here!!!!!!

Blog Entries
    Hi Goodman,
    I'm somewhat obsessive compulsive so what's not to love about an endless check-off list? No matter what life throws at me, no matter how many times I have to uproot and leave friends and family (my husband is in the military) there's always one constant: the list. It has given my reading a sense of structure and I have come across things I would have never discovered on my own like the Gormenghast trilogy or anything by William D. Howells...I write book reports after each book and post them to my reading blog (1001daysofdreaming.blogspot.com)...so I guess I can see how it sounds like a chore...but it's actually my favorite thing in the world. I obviously read things that are not on the list, recently I've been reading everything by Denis Johnson I can get my hands on....only to find myself wondering why I love his writing? What exactly has drawn me to him? I was kind of blown away by Jesus' Son...I also really like David Foster Wallace's essays...not a super fan of his fiction...I've been working my way through Infinite Jest and it sort of seems like and infinite waste of time. His fiction drips with insecurity, but he was inspired by Johnson, DeLillo (love) and Doctorow (don't love).

I've read all the Philip Roth on the list and in a recent New York Times review he said he was a fan of Johnson's work...I can see why. It's fun to feel like I know these people, that I can relate to what inspires them or that I can see the history they're building on. Basically I love reading. Anything and everything. And the canon gives me a sense of structure. There isn't really a timeline...I just like to read slightly more each year then the previous...last year I think I read 85 or so canon books...it might be hard to beat that. If I say my goal is to finish it within a year....eventually I will get to the year when that is achievable...I might be a super old lady by then though who has saved all the poetry to the end and spends her days sitting on a park bench slowly digesting Ashbery...

Hello, my name is Teetos and I'm new here.

Hello Im new

Hi, I bookmarked this site a few weeks ago when I randomly found it during a google search. I was too lazy to go through the vBulletin registration process but today I noticed the one-click facebook button and here I am. It is nice to see Web 1.0 and Web 2.0 are collaborating now. My reading preferences are genre fiction and newspapers.

Hi, my name is Jeni and I live in England
    I dont have a favourite book- there are far too many to choose from. But as a genre I love British Victorian Fiction. I have a particular interest in the writings and lives of the Bronte sisters ( a topic I selected to cover for my English degree Dissertation).
    Aside from books and reading, I enjoy animals and the outdoors, music and Minecraft (computer game).

hi, everyone. I'm Heppy, I'm a college student, studying English Literature and this is my 1st year...
    I love books. Fiction, historical, and thriller. I love drawing, traveling, photography and food.
    I think that's all.

Hi, I am a new member i think...I'm glad to be among you. I'm Spanish, aged 34, and I've got a couple of comments i would like to share about Twelfth Night...I wrote a litle analysis with the enthusiasm (sorry for my grammatical or orthographical mistakes) but better later not to bore you. I have not facebook neither tweeter and I am new tn the forums' world...Well, that's all.

welcome,, jayat this is good that you have found this forum,,so are you in Spain now?? what is it that you like to read??