Page 359 of 466 FirstFirst ... 259309349354355356357358359360361362363364369409459 ... LastLast
Results 5,371 to 5,385 of 6982

Thread: Introduce Yourself here and say Hi.

It's a standing joke. Someone on the Poetry Forum called me the Cowell of LitNet so I duly obliged by changing my avatar. See... I do have a sense of humour.

H

Registered User Irishcrusader95's Avatar
    his everyone i recently joined (obviously)

I'm from Ireland and in my last year of collage. i'm a real nerd for books and love all kinds. most of the things i read are history, some philosophy, classic literature and maybe a few modern novels now and then. i don't ever fancy being a writer as i doubt i have the patience for it yet i love to discuss great books and look forward to some lively discussion.

see you all on the forums.
    "the only conquests made without regret are those over ignorance"
    -Napoleon Bonaparte

hello everybody
    hope you are reading some good books

Hey guys! My name is Christen and I'm from the LA area. Glad to be here!

Hello All,
    Just stumbled upon this little haven of literature as I was searching the web for information pertaining to some Yeats poems, how delicious!
    Well I am an undergrad pursuing my Literature degree and with that I intend to go to Graduate school and hopefully enroll in a doctoral program. My hobbies include Fraternity Life, Soccer, and of course reading fantastic literature.

Hi All,

My name is Carmela and I usually read novels and poetry. Hope I get to know a lot of people here.

Thanks!

Blog Entries

Cool book worm and writer

a book worm indulge in political science and public policy. Community relations and revolutionary movements. books on david gurien, naom chomskey, malcolm, huey, shakespeare, charles dickens, thomas paine are some of the authros i indulge in often. free time for me is to spend my time walking, or reading a book , maybe classical country music.

Quote Originally Posted by Pensive View Post
    Welcome all!

Litnet is also looking forward to have you benefiting us immensely by sharing your thoughts!
    That did come across a bit self-righteous didn't it? My apologies.
    "It is perfectly okay to write garbage--as long as you edit brilliantly." -- C. J. Cherryh

Hello am very new. At this time I am reading fact and fiction, my two on the go are Bernard Cornwell's Sharpe's Fury, and Colin Wilson's A Criminal History of Mankind. As you can see I enjoy History and I have a B.A. in Modern History from the University of Westminster. London. I have written some short fiction, poetry and songs which perhaps I will share when I build up the courage!! Great idea for community board, I am really glad to be here.

Hello!

Hi, everyone!

I am very happy to have found this forum. I love classical literature, with Homer, Plato, Dante, Dostoevsky, Proust and Kafka being my favourite authors. I hope to make many interesting discussions here!

hello and here is a bit about me. i am an almost 30 year old man and i have done a lot of different things in my life but these days it is just all about books. i work part time in a very large bookstore on academic nonfiction titles but i have a BA in literature and almost all of my reading has been in fiction. i am most attracted to what is called literary fiction but i enjoy all adult genres including contemporary romance, science fiction and fantasy, horror, crime, or almost anything at all. i love reading literature that attempts to challenge humanity to go further in art than what has been previously possible, or even transcends previous limitations, and thinking about all of the complex issues surrounding these sorts of ambitions. i read very slowly and feel embarrassed that i have not read more but this is a concern i am always trying to address! i am currently lucky to be able to take some time out from the general demands and expectations of life to pursue my interest in reading and i am trying to work my way through "big" books, having just read Joyce's Ulysses and now about a third through Moby Dick. i am a very introverted person so mostly spend my time alone by choice but also appreciate human perspectives other than my own and look forward to discussing books with you all on the forum.

Hello! My name is Sharayah. I'm really here to just broaden my mind, also I'm having troubles with my Final English paper for this semester and need a beginning idea for my topic. It seems to always be the hardest thing about the paper. Aside from that here's a little about me;
    I really enjoy drawing of all sorts, but my fingers prefer a paint brush with watercolor. I seldom hunt, but when I do my buck is always bigger then the boys', also I prefer salmon fishing above other sorts of the sport. I love and have coached volleyball and softball. I'm a part-time housekeeper and a full-time student on my way to a Bachelors in Graphic Design. Hopefully by next year I'll have my CNA license and move up in the world a little bit. As long as there's progress there's a life to be lived.

Hello. I am a lit geek. Not many others here in my small town Texas existence--no others actually. Ideas are my favorite entertainment. I like to have them, hear them, argue over them and live the good ones. I haven't had to time to look around the site much, hoping this will be an idea sort of place!

Hi everyone, I was just browsing the web for the "types of characters" found in plays and happened upon this site. I am an English language and Literature teacher and I do look forward to this new experience.