Page 345 of 466 FirstFirst ... 245295335340341342343344345346347348349350355395445 ... LastLast
Results 5,161 to 5,175 of 6982

Thread: Introduce Yourself here and say Hi.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RX Queen View Post
    There's nothing like nerding out with a good book.
    You can say that again.

senior crumudgeon
    Looks like this thread hasn't been used in a while, but what the hell, here goes.

I am an old guy; former trombone player; former hair-stylist; former business owner in Brazil; former marketing manager for a fortune 500 com; former management trainee in Mexico City; former VP of a Management Recruiting/Consulting firm in São Paulo; former Peace Corps Volunteer; currently retiree of a major US airline; 2008 Obama precinct chairman; and originally from a small, typically Southern town in East Texas.

Hello everyone,
    I'm a newbie and to be honest I found this forum while looking for answers to my daughter's questions for her A level coursework. I've read most of the books she's studying but it was a long time ago. In light of this I've re-read a lot of novels I read in my youth as well as 'new' stuff like Kite Runner. It's such a difference to read these books for pleasure rather than analysing every word or nuance.....not very helpful from my daughter's point of view though.
    The biographical stuff?......I'm in my 50's, four children ranging from late teens to thirties. I work in Sexual Health supporting those that are involved in sex work and I have a degree in Medieval and Modern History with History of Art. As a preference I like historical fiction but then get really annoyed when they ignore historical facts. I read the Da Vinci Code knowing that it would drive me mental and sure enough it did! As it is his 200th anniversary I am currently reading the works of Dickens and discovering some absolute gems that passed me by previously. I'm quite catholic in my tastes though, I will read practically anything from the classics to the trashiest of blockbusters as a bit of light relief. I'm also quite keen on Pratchett and Gaiman, anything with a bit of intelligence and humour I suppose.
    Anyway folks I'm happy to be here - Ellybelly x

Question Hi .......

well ah................. hi im fionnuala ( you probably guessed that ) um .. i just found out about this website thing, because i was looking for a place to publish my poems online. And this looks like alot of fun so i hope i get too know you guys better over time.

hello everyone.avid vintage book lover here.33 yrs old,still have no clear direction in life,but i do not let that hinder me.i work in a factory with few people who appreciate literature.i have 2 kids in whom i have instilled a love of reading.i have a knack for herbs and natural healing.my former roommate said it was because i was a shaman in a past life or had one in my lineage.currently i am enjoying one of my favorite books,the wonder clock,by howard pyle.lovely words,beautiful pctures.I highly recommend it.

Im new!

Hello everyone is this wonderous place of literature. I am a highschool student who wants to get into a writing career and i figure this is a great place to post my short stories and get feed back from the community. I'm not the best editor of my own work so please bare with me on my typos. so please everyone let me know what you think about them and i look forward to reading yours

Introduction

Mainly, I like to read a variety of books, poems, essays. A favorite genre is surviver books. Latest one is "Even Silence has an End" by Ingrid Betancourt.

chandy
    hello friends.

im chandy from Sri lanka. An archaeologist. wanna shere knowledge. if you like shere we can discuss. shere eBooks. (Archaeology and history)
    plz write me.
    [email protected]

chandy

chandy

DTerryfied

Dear DTerryfied

i proud of you and your thinking. you should publish those. then many people will comment on you . then you can make it better.

chany

Smile glad to join you

Hi, everybody, I'm a English-Chinese translator working in Beijing. It's my pleasure to join you.

Howdy.
    Im Tyler.
    I live in Kennesaw, Georgia.
    I write sometimes.

Hello, I am Matthew. I am here to get some insight on a short story chapter I just wrote. First time writer, from Canada.

Ok so just to say a big thanks to everyone who has put together the quizzes, they have been immensely useful to my investigation for my new library position at the English academy where I work. I needed to get the pupils into the library and show them the possibilities and facilities like the books on offer plus the use of the computers. we are now using the quizzes for web-quests and to introduce them to reading specially chosen books for the bookworm club, and as this year is the bi-centenary of Mr. Dickens... it´s working a sinch!

Welcome all!

Quote Originally Posted by jkelly View Post
    Ok so just to say a big thanks to everyone who has put together the quizzes, they have been immensely useful to my investigation for my new library position at the English academy where I work. I needed to get the pupils into the library and show them the possibilities and facilities like the books on offer plus the use of the computers. we are now using the quizzes for web-quests and to introduce them to reading specially chosen books for the bookworm club, and as this year is the bi-centenary of Mr. Dickens... it´s working a sinch!
    It's nice to see you availing various useful forum features!
    Enjoy your stay on board!
    I sang of leaves, of leaves of gold, and leaves of gold there grew.

Hello

hello everyone, my name is Omar from Palestine, I study English literature in Hebron University, and would love to communicate with all of you in order to develope my knowledge and get the help i need to answer my questions. I hope we can help each other.
    thank you all the community of English Literature.
    Omar Bader