Page 343 of 466 FirstFirst ... 243293333338339340341342343344345346347348353393443 ... LastLast
Results 5,131 to 5,145 of 6982

Thread: Introduce Yourself here and say Hi.

Hello to all... my intro... well, love music, photography, surfing and good wine + good reads!!! Yes. I'm one of the weird ones who still likes a good paperback novel or a trade book with me at my bedside or on the train!! Hobbies: photography both in color & B/W. Fav books: usually sci/fi or good bio works/
    Fav stories: Erotica
    Over & Out!

hello.i love shakespeare's plays.thats all for now

first time here, just saying hi

hi I'm Luke, i live in the mountains of Wicklow in the Eastern province of Leinster in Ireland, not too far from the Irish Sea and often at certain times one can connect with a sense of mythology what with sea-mists and the long view through the pines ... I think America must be a fantastic country to produce a writer like Cormac McCarthy who I think is pretty much unsurpassed in modern fiction writing ... perhaps JM Coetzee's earlier work is as awesome but i feel blessed on the planet at present to have two living greats among us ...

anybody come across an American writer in the same league as McCarthy?

Hi,

I've chosen this nickname because I'm not a native English speaker and would like to improve my English by reading English literature and, I hope, by talking about it here in this forum.

I excuse myself in advance for all my grammar and spelling mistakes. Please feel free to correct me. I'm always grateful for any helpful hints concerning my English.

Learner

Introduction

Hello, my name is Zachariah. I enjoy literature, as does everyone else on this forum, I would assume. Some of my favourite authors are Kafka, Daniel Quinn, Neil Gaiman, Nabakov, Beckett, Gene Wolf, and quite a few others. I enjoy writing in my spare time and am looking forward to discussing literature with people who share my passions.
    Last edited by zzwigee; 02-21-2012 at 12:49 AM. Reason: removing last name

hye dis is hiya. i am a new member of ur interesting family.

i am a student of literature who is really enjoying enlish literature. i just totally love it. i even love writting amd am a v big dreamer. i love the world whose name is imagination

Hi Everybody I'm a new member in this forum
    I'd like to be a good reader of books but i do not really manage to do that
    One of my main focus today is "Moon Palace" by Paul Auster , If Anyone can help me in my research i will be grateful to receive his/her addition .
    Thank You so much For your attention.

Hi,Best regards to you all.

Hi,Best regards to you all.

Just for the sake of posting my very first comment, here goes.
    Hi everyone, Kartik here. Reading has been my most cherished hobby for as long as I can remember, and some of the most beautiful memories of my childhood revolve around a book.
    Whiling away time lost in the innocent world of kid detectives, mythical creatures and far-away magical lands as I was nursing a fractured leg, spending hours blissfully lost in the aisles of a favorite bookstore, waking through entire nights during my vacations, desperate to reach the end of the latest masterpiece I'd endeavored to finish.
    My interest has veered towards non-fiction today (largely history, sociology and linguistics) but prose is still what excites me.
    Looking forward to interacting with fellow bibliophiles.

Quote Originally Posted by Learner View Post
    Hi,

I've chosen this nickname because I'm not a native English speaker and would like to improve my English by reading English literature and, I hope, by talking about it here in this forum.

I excuse myself in advance for all my grammar and spelling mistakes. Please feel free to correct me. I'm always grateful for any helpful hints concerning my English.

Learner
    How delightfully modest of you to talk like that, you write flawlessly! I'd puff my chest, dig a flagpole into the ground, shout out Tarzan-style, and then proceed to party for days if I ever realized I'd reached that kind of a level in German. :P
    Good luck, by the way.

Hello everyone, I'm very glad that I've stumbled upon this forum during my internet travels. I'm currently reading Dante, which I love. I have a vast literary taste, not quite set on one specific genre.

Hi Everyone.
    First of all sorry for my broken English. Not much time ago I started to study English because I wanted to read my favorite authors in their own language. After a while I thought a forum could be a good chance to improve my new skill, so I came across this forum and I read some verse and short story. I liked them. So this is why I am here now.
    By the way this is my first writing in English.

About me I dare say that I can love many things within five minutes, several things within some day or some week, but there are just three things I love forever, that is my wife, books and good wine.
    It was nice meeting you.

Hello

Hi I am new here and actually stumbled across this site by accident but I am so glad I did. I found my love for reading late in life and now I have my BA in Literature. I am currently working on my masters degree in Education and my teaching certificate for secondary education. I will be teaching literature one day very soon!!! I look forward to looking through this forum even more and seeing what everyone has to say!

Hello everybody.

Hello everybody!

My name is Michael Porter. 'Micky Fudge' was my father's pet name for me when I was a child. He also called me 'Mick Mack Fudgelorum', but I thought if I chose that as my username you might doubt my sanity. If I were compelled to name my favourite poem, I think I would have to choose 'New Year Letter' by W H Auden, but then I would regret not having chosen 'Strange Meeting', or 'Dover Beach', or Barnfield's 'Sonnet 11' or a whole host of others.

I'd like to share two poems with you. The first is one of the Harper's Songs from Ancient Egypt. It's addressed to a young man by a girl who loves him. Egyptian girls called their lovers their brothers.

Come to me, my brother,
    Like a charger on the battlefield,
    Like a bull to his pasture,
    For the heaven is sending us love
    Like a flame spreading through straw,
    And desire like the swoop of the falcon.

The second poem comes from the Finnish Kanteletar. A girl longs for the return of her soldier:

Should my treasure come,
    My darling walk by,
    I'd know him by his footsteps,
    Recognise him by his tread.

As mist I'd go out,
    As smoke I would reach him,
    As sparks I would speed,
    As flame I would fly.

I'd kiss his mouth
    Though doom stared him in the face,
    I'd drape my arms round his neck
    Though death had hold of it,
    I'd stretch beside him
    Though his side were all bloody.

I hope you like these poems.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightowlpip View Post
    Well Hi there!

I am new here, so I still need to get used to everything hehe
    I am particularly interested in Charles Dickens, he is my favourite author. If anyone knows about some interesting threads concerning him please let me know hehe
    A lot of people say that Terry Pratchett is the Dickens of the 21st Century, do you think so?
    Dickens is the Dickens of the 21st Century, Nightowlpip!

Hi, my hobies include not much other than watching the odd football game and playing basketball, oh and music, i love anything to do with music. my favourite book is The catcher in the rye. dont know why. and this page seems to be getting alot of view and replies, anyway of spreading the word of my short story? Dannyp03 'New York' is the story