Page 342 of 466 FirstFirst ... 242292332337338339340341342343344345346347352392442 ... LastLast
Results 5,116 to 5,130 of 6982

Thread: Introduce Yourself here and say Hi.

Hello!

I'm a Master's student at Oxford, studying creative writing. I currently live in Vancouver, BC and occasionally make money writing for magazines and teaching after-school creative writing classes to teenagers. Exciting, I know.

Cheers!

Hello

I am a long graduated English Major, seeking to get back to her literature loving roots. I live in Portland, OR and I work in the insurance industry (basically an underwriter) and love reading, writing and taking care of my husband and son.

I look forward to further conversations.

Cheers!

New York-based publisher

Hi

Hi — I‘m Eva, a small publisher based in New York; I am publishing books, movies, and music from Berlin. The next book will be "Mark Twain in Berlin". I am also a journalist and an author. My last literary book was "Manhattan Moments", and my last book is about the Tea Party.

Boom!

I'm here to share knowledge via story &inspiration with poetry like this I wrote for a gal starting to learn guitar..caution, my writing is somtimes slightly erotic! Here's a taste:

Hinterwinter Music
    white peaceful & bright the sun shines
    gleaming gold from the deepest of mines
    music plays from strings vibrating from your astute hands
    that lights all hearts in the park as if in a paradise of fruit & sands
    sounds from playing bring around children by a fountain
    as finishing the song you feel as if just climbed the highest mountain
    later we sell cinnamon rolls homemade & perfect smiles we receive like beautiful tiles
    with roses around we kept inside, at night show our love in the snow
    as a sunflower grows in Spring, inside energy flows until eyes are aglow

& plz enjoy this too, mostly i'm interested in nature, truth, expansion & love so be honest with what you think!

Food paradise
    fields of oats & abundance in many notes
    apples blooming by every road
    falling & jumping from trees peaches grow more than in a marsh does tadpoles & toads
    Green houses shoot up life in oreganos & basil & the water that sprays around dazzles
    as light effuses the land & levitates lifeforce in splenderous giant & succulent strawberries
    that are used in fruit salads with brown sugar from mammoth canes
    reaching the sky as the cherry & durian trees on many lanes
    chaga mushrooms on lots of trees glowing bright white
    used in teas along with rooibos & mints perfuming the land as lavender & lifts all as wind to a kite

Hello there, I just joined your forum because it seems like a good place with good people

I have been told that lists are good so:

- I am 25

- I live in the UK

- My love for literature / English was recently rekindled, on an epiphany type basis (after five years of full time employment, I came to the stunning realisation of what I want, which is to be a teacher)

- In terms of what I 'do' in my spare time, well another list is really in order but currently I'm TRYING to keep a handle on the following: writing some fiction, writing some music, learning project management, learning German, learning to maintain my motorcycle, learning to ride my motorcycle, drawing (bad) pencil portraits, joining an athletics/running club, volunteering at youth groups, volunteering at cub scouts, planting trees, applying for jobs left right and centre (this in advance of applying for a teaching degree, later in the year), brushing up on my world history, brushing up on my literature, getting pretty good with Christian apologetics, flying to visit my girlfriend every few weeks - and generally trying to be grateful for things too.

I'm looking forward to getting involved here, so take care and see you around

Hello Readers All!

I am a Latin and Greek teacher from London. I enjoy reading a variety of literature and discussing prose and poetry with other readers, so this seems like the forum for me.

Ben

laughter, light and love...

Talking Hello

Hi I'm Paige. I'm 16 and i love reading. Though i don't read as many classics as i should, i love the fantasy worlds created by authors like Tamora Pierce, Christopher Paolini and Brian Davis. I love and doing stupid things with my friends. Movies are awesome (any Sherlock Holmes fans??) and tv is cool. Other than that, I'm a pretty simple person

Hello everyone. I am an English major at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. I love to clean, cook, decorate, make things, etc. My favorite book is The Scarlet Letter. My favorite author is J.R.R Tolkien (I am an unapologetic LOTR fan) and I am currently reading Walden and Civil Disobedience by Thoreau for academic purposes (and for kicks. I love my transcendentalists) and, when the rare bit of free time comes by way, I am in the middle of the Game of Thrones series by George R. R. Martin.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PMLondonderry View Post
    Hello everyone. I am an English major at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. I love to clean, cook, decorate, make things, etc. My favorite book is The Scarlet Letter. My favorite author is J.R.R Tolkien (I am an unapologetic LOTR fan) and I am currently reading Walden and Civil Disobedience by Thoreau for academic purposes (and for kicks. I love my transcendentalists) and, when the rare bit of free time comes by way, I am in the middle of the Game of Thrones series by George R. R. Martin.
    Welcome, PML. Reading over the few posts you've written, I think you'll make a great addition to this forum. You seem to be thoughtful and informed.

And I'm also a fan of Martin's Ice and Fire series. Check out this thread for discussion and some heated debate that took place.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutatis-Mutandi View Post
    Welcome, PML. Reading over the few posts you've written, I think you'll make a great addition to this forum. You seem to be thoughtful and informed.

And I'm also a fan of Martin's Ice and Fire series. Check out this thread for discussion and some heated debate that took place.
    Thank you very much! I appreciated your other welcome in the Postmodernism thread as well.

I haven't been able to finish the series yet (or even finish the first book yet!) since I have so many other books on my plate from school but I would love to take part in that discussion. I will pop by soon. Thanks again for the warm welcome!
    "If I knew for a certainty that a man was coming to my house with the conscious design of doing me good, I should run for my life." -Thoreau

Ní mar a dtarraingím mo chuid anála ach mar a dtugaim mo ghrá a bhfuil mé i mo chónaí
    (Not where I breathe but where I love, I live)

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Sure. Watch out for spoilers in that thread. I almost always give a spoiler warning, but not everyone else does.

Hi! I'm 35 and have enjoyed reading for the most part of my life. I also write a bit. I've studied cultural history, and have many interests. Also many favorite authors and books.

NightowlPip

Well Hi!

Well Hi there!

I am new here, so I still need to get used to everything hehe
    I am particularly interested in Charles Dickens, he is my favourite author. If anyone knows about some interesting threads concerning him please let me know hehe
    A lot of people say that Terry Pratchett is the Dickens of the 21st Century, do you think so?

Hi Everyone
    I am a research Scholar working on Nadine Gordimer.
    I have been an ardent lover of literature throughout my life and will continue loving it till the last day of my life.....
    I am interested into the writings of other writers based in South Africa.....as I am working on the novels and short stories of Gordimer...It will be a great help to me if i get a chance to know about other regional and little known writers of South Africa besides the big giants like Mphalele, Guma, Coetzee (I know he is based in Australia these days still he has his roots there in SA) and Steve Biko.
    Cheers