Page 322 of 466 FirstFirst ... 222272312317318319320321322323324325326327332372422 ... LastLast
Results 4,816 to 4,830 of 6982

Thread: Introduce Yourself here and say Hi.

me

Hi! I am just a fellow doing my oddjobs here and there. have come accross here as i was looking up some poetry. i do some work like that myself but it is rather neanderthal, still has to evolve a lot. nice to be arround in such places
    Last edited by avinashdal; 05-16-2011 at 11:54 PM.

Hi just testing

Blog Entries
    Hulo. I'm new. I'm tryin' to learn a little bit about Literature.
    Deguonis
    "Our age, which is cursed with inhuman savagery and want, also allows us superhuman
    powers."
    - WILLIAM BOLITHO

"The price of the succulent cabbage is up,
    The cabbage that's grown by the hand of Ah Pup.
    'The stock of the Chow soars in country and town
    But that of the poet goes steadily down."
    - JOHN BEDE DALLEY

Hi everyone! I'm new to this page, I'm thrity and am finishing and undergraduate course of languages/education while I work as a teacher. I love reading and always have, and discussing books (when done voluntarily!) does enhance the reading experience for me. Pluss, hearing other people talk about books they really like is inspiring...

On my bedside table right now I have the Pullman-trilogy His Dark Matter, but I'm wanting to re-read The Canterbury Tales afterwards - I once read them on a vacacion years ago.

Hello!

Kyra Marie Wright
    Sweet, Hi Everybody! I am a Middle School Student, new to the writing world.... Adivice would be great... I'm afraid I need all the help I can get! Thanks,
    [COLOR="rgb(153, 50, 204)"]
    KYRA Marie : Live Your Life
    [/COLOR]

a living dragonrider
    Hello everone.
    This is Pruthvi Krishna Meka. but if its a bit hard to pronounce then i go by Krishi. I say its hard because a lot of my friends got tripped by my name too. Any thats me... i really like to read a lot of books. i cant much time nowadays as my studies dont permit me a lot of free time. But the divinity in reading has been alluring me for sometime now. so, i decided to flex my timetable to read. you know, the best way to relax is to do what you like most. so, here i am. i am really glad to see a forum for books. its really awesome.
    and about me i personally like most of the history lits speial quotes to horodotus.. and i really like the harry potter series. and since i am into the sciences, i like robin cook novels. well thats about me litwise.
    and i hope i fit into the community soon.:-D

Hello.I,m from the Netherlands so excuse for the errors in English not beeing a native speaker.

I,m a retired Academy Professor ( History and also Communication ).
    I,m following courses ( no lecture duty anymore ) in Art History and researching myself.

My life long interest is culture in its widest sence.

I was always interested in the link between Litterature Art and Music.
    A kind of totalerlebniss ( free after Wagner )
    For instance Arthurian material or other courtly romances the text and the translation in art and music.( ..... , Tennyson, 19 century paintings of the lady of shalott till the song by Laureena Mc.Kennith album: the Visit )

Or the Chanson the Roland ....Orlando Furioso .... till even today in Sicilian folkart

Or the translation of Greek Mythology in Renaissance and Baroque Art( Ovidius and other sources were important as around 1500 printable translations appeared not anymore the Ovide Moralise but the litteral translations )
    Of course there was the work of Dante Christine the Pisan Chaucer and many others Ovidius was not unknown in the Middle ages .

So in searching for Art i discovered this site with a special section for Art .
    So i hope it will be a fruigal contact with this Forum.
    turanclancath

How can i attach images to my postings ?

Pièce de Résistance Scheherazade's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by turanclancath View Post
    How can i attach images to my postings ?
    Welcome to the Forum, Turan

You can find information about how to post images here.

If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to PM me.
    ~
    "It is not that I am mad; it is only that my head is different from yours.”
    ~

WordSmith
    The Buckle of the Snow Belt (AKA Michigan)
    Greetings.

I'm AJ. I'm a great lover of books, particularly of the fantasy genre, although I seldom have as much time to read as I would like. I'm also an aspiring author (of fantasy, surprise! surprise!) and my first book is nearing the final stages of editing to be published this summer. That's the plan, anyway.

Even though I'm a slow reader and haven't much time, I do enjoying discussing books which is a rarity where I live. Seems my husband and I are the only two people who read around here. So it's to find a place such as this. I look forward to many interesting conversations
    “"Begin at the beginning,", the King said, very gravely, "and go on till you come to the end: then stop.”
    ~"Through the Looking Glass, and What Alice Found There" by Lewis Carroll

who i,m part 2

just as an further introduction.
    I,m ( long years already ) moderator in the Forum The mysterius Etruscans.
    I moderate the Vulci tread and 1 of my favourite topics there is Art.
    There i can post images easy.
    Look for yourself who turanclancath is .
    no obligation to joyn the mysterious just look and you know more about me and my idys about Art, History etc etc.
    greetings from summerly Holland
    Last edited by Scheherazade; 05-20-2011 at 11:10 AM. Reason: URL

Hi , good evening every body

Hey guys. Virgo's my pseudonym, but it's all you guys need to know, so I'm Virgo. I'm a sixteen year old lit nerd that loves rock n' roll. I'm actually really new to the classic lit scene, which is really why I joined the site, so any "mentoring" (NOT patronizing, big difference.) is greatly appreciated.
    I love to read and write, obviously, mostly mystery and fantasy. Dragons, faeries, magic(k), elves, dwarves, ancient languages, murder, vampires (real ones, not the sparkly kind), you name it. If it's weird, strange or just different, I probably want to read about it.
    However, words are only half of life. The other half is music. I'll listen to anything that's actually music, and my list of favorites is insanely long, but if you're bored and really want to know, message me.
    I also noticed a spot for submitted stories/poems, though I didn't look at it in much detail, so maybe you'll see some of my stuff up there, maybe not, but keep and eye or two out.
    -V
    The future is bulletproof, the aftermath is secondary

hi! I am really new here, i just joined 2 minutes ago XD

Intro

Hello!

I just joined up after going through a few different sites to weigh my options. I chose this forum for a number of reasons, but mainly because it seemed the least hostile.

I am currently deployed in Afghanistan (as a Marine) and I have plenty of time and little to do. When I'm not busy I am usually reading, so I thought getting involved in something like this might be a good way to stay involved in my reading, rather than reading book after book without ever contemplating, and thus ever understanding them.

My favorite author? Couldn't answer that question. You read different authors for different reasons. However, the authors I most often turn back to for pleasure alone would be Oscar Wilde, Nikos Kazantzakis, and Mark Twain.

That is about all I have to offer. I understand that when most people read a book it becomes a mirror, therefore, we rarely see the same thing. However, discussion is rarely counter-productive so I look forward to learning from (and with) all of you.