Page 248 of 466 FirstFirst ... 148198238243244245246247248249250251252253258298348 ... LastLast
Results 3,706 to 3,720 of 6982

Thread: Introduce Yourself here and say Hi.

Hello, everyone.

I just registered and I stopped by here to say hi to all. I'm really excited to go browsing. So off I go!

@Nightshade: I really like the icon so I copied it.
    Are You One of Us?

buddhism

hello, i am porgy a retired submarine officer, living on the gulf of MEXICO in the TAMPABAY AREA on the NATURE COAST.many of my friends are from THAILAND and i have a small house there, i am a christian fascinated by buddhism, and admire the culture of the people, i am wondering can a christian engage and practice buddhism?

Hey I am new to this site, I am a student of literature and therefore am very inexperienced :/ I would liek to use this site to broaden my literary knowledge

Oh why hello. I already have posted, since i didn't realise this was here at all...to anxious to start blabbering perhaps...
    anyway, hi.
    I'm a philosophy/English/Art history/Italian student from Sydney. Majoring in philosophy, currently in my first year (but i've...sort of skipped to second year, thus why i will probably be hanging around asking ridiculous questions...). Can't decide whether to major in english or art history as well...and italian's just my fun subject lol.
    Anywho, thanks for having me

Now that would be telling it, wouldnt it?
    Blog Entries
    Hi and welcome all !
    Quote Originally Posted by ris View Post
    Oh why hello. I already have posted, since i didn't realise this was here at all...to anxious to start blabbering perhaps...
    anyway, hi.
    That is actually the best way to jum into the litnet, simply dive in and start nattering away.
    My mission in life is to make YOU smile
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "The time has come," the Walrus said,"To talk of many things:

Forum Rules- You know you want to read 'em

|Litnet Challange status = 5/260
    |currently reading

um hey

I'm a high school student. I really like going to the beach and walking along the sand. I can't really swim though, slighlty sad as i live about 100 m from the ocean.

I'm learning piano and japanese and yeh im not that interesting.

Is there anything else to say?

I think that being Christian is sort of an exclusive club ...

Quote Originally Posted by porgy View Post
    hello, i am porgy a retired submarine officer, living on the gulf of MEXICO in the TAMPABAY AREA on the NATURE COAST.many of my friends are from THAILAND and i have a small house there, i am a christian fascinated by buddhism, and admire the culture of the people, i am wondering can a christian engage and practice buddhism?
    But I believe that being either or both is something which is between you and God. The problem comes when you are tied to a Christian sect or congregation. Most of these preach that "they" are the only way to salvation.

If either one insists on their exclusivity (which true Buddhists will not because their quest is for the road to enlightenment), run in the other direction. Technically, Buddhism is not a theological philosophy but is much closed to Universalism.

Doctor Don

Ima newby

i have been writeing for some time and i hope that you guys enjoy my short stories. they are pretty intense.

Hello friends, this is Amit. A Naval Architect by profession and a reader by passion.

==========
    Rusting in Peace!

Hello everyone...
    I'm new here, I love literature so much.. I hope it will be a nice stay for me

Blog Entries
    A very warm welcome to our newest blooming roses in this little garden (hey, I should be a bard lol)
    Hope you all enjoy your stay in Let Nit!
    When life gets hard... Laugh!

asdf
    ~hello~ my name is melissa and i'm in ninth grade. i dislike capital letters.

i like to read. my favorite writers are james joyce, henry david thoreau, voltaire, virgil, virginia woolf, fyodor dostoevsky, albert camus, kurt vonnegut, john milton, marcel proust, dante alighieri, hermann hesse, a.a. milne, arthur rimbaud, charles baudelaire, jules laforgue, paul verlaine, walt whitman, hart crane, ogden nash, e.e. cummings, william shakespeare, rainer maria rilke, anne sexton, etc. i really really strongly dislike jane austen, ayn rand and robert frost.

i also really like pierre-joseph proudhon, mikhail bakunin, johann most, emma goldman, alexander berkman, peter kropotkin, voltairine de cleyre, brian morris, noam chomsky, etc. i am a vegan and a pacifist and also really socially awkward. i live in florida though i would really rather not. i am not really that interesting beyond the novelty of my age? but if you want to know anything else about me feel free to ask. i also just realized that i tend to overuse certain words; i hope that doesn't bother anyone too much.

Talking

Hi, this is my first time ever on any forum. It may take a few times to get things right.
    smoothchocolat

new user--omg

Hey

im new here, so dont be shy to say hi or send me a friend request. i love writing and im working on a scifi right now.

Cool Hi

First time on this forum. This seems a great resource for literature. I am looking for some Latin American literature ofcourse translated in english. Hope to get it here.

I love reading. Not much in to writing. I think there is lot to be read why to add more?