Page 235 of 466 FirstFirst ... 135185225230231232233234235236237238239240245285335 ... LastLast
Results 3,511 to 3,525 of 6982

Thread: Introduce Yourself here and say Hi.

Blog Entries
    A warm welcome to all of you new members!
    Our task must be to free ourselves by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature and its beauty
    ~Albert Einstein

So I don't have much to say but my name's Kayla. Other then the obvious fact that I enjoy literature, I love to play video games and watch TV. Also, I'm a senior in high school.

Post Essayssss

Well, first post on a lit site...in university and am looking for insite into different literature and others points of view....as I am doing tonnes online, so I wouldn't mind a discussion other than my own...it's getting messy upstairs...lol
    Latest paper is regarding M. Atwood - Hairball...any comment?

Pièce de Résistance Scheherazade's Avatar
    ~
    "It is not that I am mad; it is only that my head is different from yours.”
    ~

Hi I am Durdana, never posted here before. I am a teacher of English literature. As regards favourite books, there are many. I love Shakespeare's Hamlet, Dostoevsky and Kafka's writing and many more. My hobbies are reading, translating, browsing the net and listening to music(from heavy metal to soft, melodious ones). I have ecclectic tastes in everything.

Hello, My name is Sean Im looking forward to posted my first short story,
    I write horror stories hope you enjoy them !,

Well, i am currently hiding. Luckily for me, there are alot of books where i am hiding(and internet of course!)
    I am a chemistry student at the University. I love lit though.
    Now i will be posting things.

Wachira

Talking Ahoy All!!

Hi!

I was invited here by one of your members, HerGuardian. Not really sure why, being a rather salty and seasoned pirate. Though my last name does make an appropriate pun, unintential of course. And I have been told I do write some interesting stories; helps to pass the time on long voyages at sea.

Perhaps I may post one or two. Until then, I look forward to expanding my horizons beyond maps and charts, manifests and crew rosters.

Keep your back to the wind, your powder dry and your crew content.

Blog Entries
    Welcome Mary! I hope you enjoy it here.
    Everyone knows what's in room 101.

Everything becomes irrelevant, when the sky tears open.

"Hey Kevin." "What?" "Theres a ditch there." "Sh*t!"

Just another nerd RobinHood3000's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Howdy, howdy, howdy - welcome to all of the new members!
    Por una cabeza
    Si ella me olvida
    Qué importa perderme
    Mil veces la vida
    Para qué vivir

This celestial seascape! Lynne50's Avatar
    Hi, My name is Lynne and I'm a long time friend of Janine's. I'm really glad to be in the forum and I'm hoping to learn alot. I work as an instructional aide in a public school and I also work part time in a library. I love it, but it can be detrimental to my health. Every book that comes across the circulation desk looks wonderful. So many books, so little time. Hopefully, Janine can give me some pointers as to how to find my way around here.

Pièce de Résistance Scheherazade's Avatar
    Hello, Lynne! Janine is one of the most loved members of the Forum and we are more than happy to welcome any friend of hers!

I am sure you will get used to the Forum structure in no time but if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to PM me.
    ~
    "It is not that I am mad; it is only that my head is different from yours.”
    ~

Talking Hello

I just wanted to say hello!! This place really seems cool!!! I am excited i found this website!! My name is Wendy and I live in Ga 30680 and yea!! So this is me and i hope you enjoy this

Blog Entries
    Hi Lynne, Happy you joined up. I know you will enjoy it here. There are such great people and some are now my best friends; soon you will feel right at home. I will have to work on directing you to some of the threads I think you will enjoy. I know what you mean about 'detrimental to your health' - I can't even make a dent in the last batch of books I purchased from Dover; I haven't been to the library for ages, out of sheer guilt, in not reading these books first. I will get there eventually. Need any help, just ask me on my profile page or in the personal email.

Scheherazade, Thank you for the flattering comment to my friend; I feel quite honored. You know I love it here and probably will be a 'lifer'. I am sure Lynne will enjoy all the benefits, as well, and have a great time on this terrific site. She loves to read and watch plays and movies, so this is definitely the right place to be.
    Last edited by Janine; 03-18-2009 at 02:14 PM.
    "It's so mysterious, the land of tears."

Chapter 7, The Little Prince ~ Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Greetings

hi
    to every one I am a new joinee to this forum,I hardaly get time to read but I like reading books,By profession i m working with an India based compony and we protect people and assets from fire.