Page 101 of 466 FirstFirst ... 519196979899100101102103104105106111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 6982

Thread: Introduce Yourself here and say Hi.

Wink Hello

Hi every one ,

First HELLO .

I will tell you a little bit about my self ..... I am 20 years old and my hobbies are writing and reading , talking to friends about anything and i enjoy helping people with their problems like with friends or family or anything to comfort them...I also enjoy learning about new things and new people ,,,love watching television like showtime (hall mark) or disney ,Martha stewart as i really enjoy arts and crafts and being a home girl that like light cooking , changing room decor etc.

Any way It's a great pleasure joining in this site as i love literature.

Quote Originally Posted by dramasnot6 View Post
    What type of classical lit have you been reading?
    Well I spent some time with a large collection of Poe's poems and other works. I read The Phantom Of The Opera -loved the musical, liked the book better- I have recently finished 1984 and loved it. Last, but not least, I read some Dr. Seuss' Wacky Wedensday - I feel it is a classic- Next I think I might try Dracula.

Coming up for Air Return Journey's Avatar

A nervous hello

Do I dare?
    I do like what I’ve seen of this forum and I do enjoy words and books and the reading of them.
    So why not.
    I didn't read much when I was in school and being a slow reader I'm still catching up.
    I love books…I even read them sometimes. Always looking in thrift shops and flea markets. Anything that catches my eye…
    …Even some obscure out of print book by an unknown author found in an old bookshop and you’re drawn in by the first few lines or the unusual artwork on the cover. So many worlds to discover and so many ways to get hooked…
    I like poetry but I'm no intellectual I just enjoy the words/language/imagery, what it does to me inside.
    Some authors that stay with me....
    George Orwell, Dostoyevsky, Dylan Thomas, Wordsworth, Christina Rossetti. So many more but those are the standouts.
    I admire Alexander Solzhenitsyn… Cancer Ward was a tough read but worth it.
    Oh, and John Le Carre, thanks for Smiley (and for the cold!!).
    I enjoy different cultures and meeting people from the far corners.
    India has a special place in my heart.
    Let’s hope that this is not just a flash in the pan. Only time and my resolve will tell!
    Looking forward to more.
    Mick
    "I said some words to the close and holy darkness, and then I slept." Dylan Thomas

Basically I just love to read and that is why I joined
    Last edited by Lil Stras 007; 01-21-2007 at 09:05 PM.

Blog Entries
    Wow, quite a few new bies. Too many to single you all out, but welcome to lit net. I hope you stay around.
    LET THERE BE LIGHT

"Love follows knowledge." – St. Catherine of Siena

My literature blog: http://ashesfromburntroses.blogspot.com/

hello hello!

I'm new to the forum, and i am just putsing around the site to find out how everything works around here, i am anxious to share some of my works and get good honest feed back cause you all dont know me. heh. glad to be here!

Blog Entries
    Hello to all our new members.
    "It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes."
    Douglas Adams

"Frivolity is a stern taskmaster."
    Zippy the Pinhead

~Posting images tutorial~

Hello All;
    I have stumbled onto this forum in my never-ending search for beautiful poetry and interesting reading online. My user name is "Sojourner". I'm 59, male, and as my profile indicates, my non-cyber name is James.
    My interests and "first love" tends to run toward 19 century poetry and visual art - but not always or exclusively, as I also very much like a lot of contemporary work as well. I have done quite a lot of painting myself on and off over the years since my early 20's. (My avatar is a painting of mine dating from 1974). I sometimes write poetry when my better judgement takes a backseat to the need to create a verse and/or express a passing notion... But I will do my best not to inflict it upon the unsuspecting and innocence here. I hope to find lots of delightful prose and poetry to read, and can't wait to see what treasures await me on this forum.
    regards,
    Sojourner
    ~For we are strangers before thee, and sojourners, as were all our fathers: our days on the earth are as a shadow, and there is none abiding.
    [1 Chronicles 29:15]

Quote;
    The last book I read was Cormac McCarthy's The Road, and it was pretty harrowing but ultimately very satisfying. I'd love to start a discussion about it.

Hi Satori;
    Just joined the forum myself, but wanted to mention that Cormac McCarthy is one of my favorite writers as well. I can't discuss "The Road" with you because I didn't know it was out, and thus haven't read it yet. (I'm assuming it is a new release). McCarthy won me over with "Suttree", "All the Pretty Horses", "The Crossing", and "Cities of the Plains"... "The Crossing" being my most favorite of them all, I think.
    Anyway, Thank you for the heads up regarding "The Road". I'll be on the look out for it.
    regards,
    Sojourner

Ellie

hello ,everyone .i am Ellie from China.

Blog Entries
    Welcome, Sojourner.

This painting is very good. Why dont you show us some more of your work? You can post more pictures in 'Pictures taken by you' thread.
    Charms strike the sight, but merit wins the soul.

Be the change you wish to see

Chilled!
    I did not know there was an introduction thread untill theLit Network forums indicated it on the top while finishing my subscription.

This is Shefali, from India. I hope this Network has a lot to offer.

Blog Entries
    Welcome to the newbies, all. Great to have you here and I hope you will like it.

Sojourner, I'm a Cormac MaCarthy fan too. I've read All the Pretty Horses and No Country For Old Men.
    LET THERE BE LIGHT

"Love follows knowledge." – St. Catherine of Siena

My literature blog: http://ashesfromburntroses.blogspot.com/

In my own little world- not far from the truth.
    wow- theres people from all over the world, it's great!
    R.I.P Steve Irwin- a true Hero and Inspiration

Procrastinator General *Classic*Charm*'s Avatar
    Leaning on this broken fence, between Past and Present tense
    Blog Entries
    Hi out there. I'm also new to the forums- I came across the website looking for some additional poiuntf of view for the seminar I was preparing on Heart of Darkness and liked the look of things.

I'm 17, from just outside of Toronto, Ontario, Canada. I love reading and writing (I suppose that's kind of redundant), as well as other stuff. I have a pretty varied taste in authors, so I'm hoping to hear many a point of view on a little bit of everything. That, and I love a good arguement, sorry, siscussion, and what better is there to discuss than literature?

Lokking forward to hearing from everyone.
    I'm weary with right-angles, abbreviated daylight,
    Waiting for a winter to be done.
    Why do I still see you in every mirrored window,
    In all that I could never overcome?