Page 453 of 466 FirstFirst ... 353403443448449450451452453454455456457458463 ... LastLast
Results 6,781 to 6,795 of 6982

Thread: Introduce Yourself here and say Hi.

Gerardo 7 Reyes
    Seated in crimping ferns uncurling now
    And moss as green as silk - there let me be
    By the grey-powdered trunk of old oak tree
    Buried in green delights to which the heart
    Clings with delight and beats as loath to part...
    --John Clare
    (1793-1864)

Hello. I'm just an old guy who reads stuff now and again. I wanted a place to get away from politics for a while, and since I really like Shakespeare, this seemed like it might be an interesting forum. I'm hoping you are more interesting than I am. I guess I'll go poke around some now and see.

Hello! I am very interested in religion, mythology, and philosophy ... I guess that is the right place for someone like me, though I am not a native speaker. I am from Berlin, Germany, Europe. If you find any mistakes in my writing, please let me know, for I am also here to improve my English. Best regards! Runa

On the road, but not! Danik 2016's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Beautiful avatar, Runa. Make yourself at home. There are a few German speaking people around.
    "I seemed to have sensed also from an early age that some of my experiences as a reader would change me more as a person than would many an event in the world where I sat and read. "
    Gerald Murnane, Tamarisk Row

Hi everyone, my name's Elisa. I'm here to share my love for literature! I read all day, mostly classic novels. I'm from Italy, so my English is not perfect. However, I hope I'll try to improve and please, forgive me for my mistakes . Besides I like listening to classical music, watching ballet and writing. Nice to meet you!
    Scrivo cullandomi come una madre pazza culla un figlio morto.- Pessoa

Blog Entries
    Welcome, Elisa!

Thanks!
    Scrivo cullandomi come una madre pazza culla un figlio morto.- Pessoa

Blog Entries
    Welcome, Elisa! There is an active thread at the moment on Chekhov's stories you might be interested in.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Layton View Post
    Hi everyone, my name's Elisa. I'm here to share my love for literature! I read all day, mostly classic novels. I'm from Italy, so my English is not perfect. However, I hope I'll try to improve and please, forgive me for my mistakes . Besides I like listening to classical music, watching ballet and writing. Nice to meet you!
    Hi, my name is Rudy and your board was interesting, because I also love the classics. What books are you currently reading?

Hello! I'm Rosy (or Robin, whichever you prefer) and I'm a high school student with a passion for lit. I came across this forum on accident and I'm excited to gave found a place full of dweebs like myself (most of my friends are science people). I'm a Shakespeare nut and my favorite play of his is "The Tempest". I also love Romanticism and Transcendental writing (Give me some Thoreau and I'm a happy girl). I also love to act, sing, and dance. I'm excited to be a part of this community!

Thumbs up Hi!

I´m Edgar Sacadura, i´m a graphic designer from Portugal, I LOOVE to read (big crush on poetry) and paint (recently digital painting).
    I don´t have a "favourite book" but there are some authors that i love, from Edgar Allan Poe, Ary dos Santos, Fernando pessoa...

In painting i actually post them on instagram and youtube:

https://www.instagram.com/universeofed/?hl=pt
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEI...NxsHGCgqSyWqyg

Hi Everyone,

I'm an ocassional reader of books which are educational - like a history of almost everything (Bill Bryson) or George Orwell's 1984 and Animal Farm.

If you have any other suggestions, they're certainly welcome!

Kind regards,

Peter

Blog Entries
    Welcome, Peter, Edgar, Rosy and all the others! I've picked up "The American Transcendentalists Essential Writings" at a used book store recently. My favorite quote from Emerson is "Every wall is a door." Nice digital paintings, Edgar! I saw your fast paced drawing of The Little Prince on YouTube. I don't have any books to recommend. What I think I want to read now a week from now I probably won't be as interested in it.

Hello dear member, how is your day? i am new here and have a nice mood!! unfortunately now my mood is quite low. i even have depression which is why i search for online pharmacy reviews... but hopefully this is going to change soon. anyway, hi everyone
    Last edited by Theyess; 09-22-2017 at 01:42 PM.

On the road, but not! Danik 2016's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Welcome Theyess! Have a look around!
    "I seemed to have sensed also from an early age that some of my experiences as a reader would change me more as a person than would many an event in the world where I sat and read. "
    Gerald Murnane, Tamarisk Row