Page 209 of 465 FirstFirst ... 109159199204205206207208209210211212213214219259309 ... LastLast
Results 3,121 to 3,135 of 6969

Thread: Introduce Yourself here and say Hi.

Muskaan here

Seeker of Knowledge Shannanigan's Avatar
    St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands...that's in the Caribbean for you lost ones...
    Blog Entries
    I am so BAD at sticking around this wonderful place, AAARRRRGGGHHH!!!

Teaching kind of sneaks up on you, ya know? You think you're ready for it, you lesson plan, you make materials, you make tests...and you think now that you've done all that you can relax and sit on the internet and chat it up on LitNet...but noooooo, little did you realize you spent ALL NIGHT doing that stuff and now it's time to iron your clothes and get your butt to school!

Anyways, Hurricane Omar just gave me a nice break from all that (everyone is fine, thank you for asking, it wasn't a bad storm, just enough to cancel school for a few days). I decided during this break to start writing a book of short stories I've always wanted to write, and I realized how much I missed LitNet when I started writing and couldn't stop thinking about the Short Story Contest.

So, I'm hoping that when school starts again on Monday, I'll at least be able to promise myelf that I will spend weekends on LitNet and writing my stories.

Forgive me for being gone for so long? Welcome me back with open arms? (*Clasps hands and closes eyes in prayer*)
    You learn more about a road by travelling it than by consulting all of the maps in the world.

Blog Entries
    Hey welcome to all of you!

And Shannanigan, it is good to meet you, glad you are back!
    Our task must be to free ourselves by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature and its beauty
    ~Albert Einstein

Hello, Im Nicole, I am eighteen years old and im pretty sure that i am actually jane eyre. Just kidding, but its my favorite book. I carry copis of it around with me at all times.

Vera incessu Patuit dea

Smile Hi im jessica/zolas disciple

ive been reading sice forever and i really love books so this is great place.im a model from glendale Il. im 22. Im pretty much a dork.i like art and stuff too. i look forward to posting here. check out my profile! thanx..I have got to be the biggest zola fan on earth. im a big fan of naturalism yet ill read anything. there are just so many books so little time.haha.

The Ghost of Laszlo Jamf islandclimber's Avatar
    welcome nicolee and zola

New here

Hola, un placer compartir mi literatura en este espacio dedicado en cierta parte al libre pensamiento.

Tengo una gran galeria de imagenes. Espero pronto poder tener mi blog (que nosé como ocupar) y postear mi poesía.

Grato es en estos días encontrar espacios como este...

=)

Hi! My name is Megan. I'm from the USA, and going to college, studying English and Political Science. I found this site randomly on the internet, so I thought I'd join!

Hi! I'm a college kid majoring in engineering. I wanted to read (and finish) some other books beside my text book but I don't usually fail. So, I join here hoping I'll be more inspired

Smile This is my attention-grabbing title

Hello all. I am much older than 22 or 18, I taught High School English for 7 years, and now I am a technical writer. I joined this group to hopefully force myself back into the habit of reading. I live in New England, which is GORGEOUS this morning. Happy to be here!

Hello, I'm Gonzo and I'm 17, British but currently living in Cairo, Egypt.
    Hopefully next year I'll be back in the UK studying English Lit. & Philosophy!
    I love all kinds of literature - from American contemporary to Marlowe.
    Some of my favourites:
    The Grapes of Wrath - John Steinbeck
    1984, Animal Farm, Homage to Catalonia - Orwell (legend!)
    The Great Gatsby - Fitzgerald
    Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas - Hunter S. Thompson (my idol - and the source of my username)

That'll do for now

p.s. I'm also a Harry Potter geek.

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    p.s. I'm also a Harry Potter geek.
    Me too!!! I saw the anniversary edition of the first book the other day, and I immediately grabbed it and put back a shirt I was buying (too poor for both).

account closed at request of member
    Blog Entries

"I usually think to say hello, part II"

Hello, everyone!

I'm a young-not-so-young man of the (or des) Brasilian Belles Lettres, graduated in Latin Language & Literature in Rio de Janeiro.

A little time ago, I found a very interesting forum in Portuguese, where one of the moderators mentioned this place. I missed depth in administration, in that forum, so, once I have good experience with forums in English, I decided to drop by, & see if I'll go better here ...

A little about myself, I write, but I don't live of writing, nor intend to. I also intend to learn music, about which I got one (strings), but have to practice and even learn some stronger basis. I like cinema, with some restrictions. In literature, I'm into the Romans, right now, or at least trying to.

Oh, and I simply love a certain toy. It's my main hobby ...

'Lived in Portugal, for a while, and visited London, when very young (13).

I'm from the '70s, maybe I should say.

Little more to say about me, let me know whatever you may be curious.

I'm glad to join,
    & I hope I can add to the forum.

This is about it.

See you around,

librarius qui

Ps. Sorry, I posted a new thread to present myself ... I'll try to delete that ...

Librarius qui, you make me feel so much better as I, too, posted a new thread to introduce myself and then couldn't delete it so I'll join your club!

I'm a real oldie who has lived in Australia for about 30 years and before that mostly England but also Cyprus. I've still got a lot to learn about computer techniques and look forward to dressing up my posting sites as soon as I get the hang of all those instructions., Most impressed by other people's pictures , quotes etc

I love reading fiction of all kinds, especially the classics, but I'm also a huge fan of good fantasy and some sci fi. My favourite author far and away is Shakespeare (and Hamlet my favourite play) but I couldn't possibly choose one favourite book there are so many I enjoy.

Very happy to be able to join in the Forum

Polgara

Blog Entries
    hi guys!how are things going? i hope the new members will enjoy the site!isn't it great?well, i myself am not a new member, but since i had not entered for a looong time(shame on me!-buy i hope you will excuse me cause i had been really busy, will you?) i thought it would be nice to re-introduce me!and to welcome the newcomers...enjoy the site sweeties!