Page 27 of 466 FirstFirst ... 1722232425262728293031323777127 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce Yourself here and say Hi.

Just another nerd RobinHood3000's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Keanu Reeves?? What for???
    Por una cabeza
    Si ella me olvida
    Qué importa perderme
    Mil veces la vida
    Para qué vivir

Hello

Glad to meet you all, my name is Mario, 37 years old and I am from a little island between France and Italy. It's really nice to find a forum full of people interested in Literature, at least I hope to find out no more 30-40 years old men posting about football or videogames

Azaril

Hello everybody, I'm just about to leave government service where I was a Persian linguist. I hope to get back to the world of my favorite subject, Anthropology, specifically Linguistic Anthropology, soon.

Of course I read a lot, everything from dry old academic stuff to pulp fiction (preferably from the thirties), and I can't pass up a seemingly useless grammar (the crowning glory of my book collection and my most useless grammar is 'Let's Say it in Fijian'). I should stop now before I say anything else too strange, I imagine the my hobbies I have already revealed tell you more about me than you probably ever wanted to know in one post.
    In these days, old man, no one thinks in terms of human beings. Governments don't, so why should we? They talk of the people, the proletariat, and I talk of the mugs. It's the same thing. They have their five year plan and I have mine.-Harry Lime, The Third Man novella by Graham Greene

Hi Azaril, Welcome to the forum! We have people of all age group here. Your name "Mario" reminds me of "Super Mario" game.

Sheyk Abdullah, Welcome abroad!
    I sang of leaves, of leaves of gold, and leaves of gold there grew.

Welcome SheykAbdullah,
    your interest in linguistic anthropology is one of my greatest interests as well.

Please hurry on over to the How Many Languages Do You Speak? thread.

Mililalil XXIV
    Last edited by Mililalil XXIV; 03-23-2006 at 02:58 AM.

hi everybody. i am Phuong, i come from vietnam. i love literature so i visit this website. i am glad to make friend with everybody. i am not good at English so i will be very happy if everybody help me
    As for me i like Literature very much. i am a literature faculty student. i also like music, history, and other art,....
    i want to say hello to all

hi everybody. i am Phuong, i come from Vietnam. i love literature so i visit this website. i am glad to make friend with everybody. i am not good at English so i will be very happy if everybody help me
    As for me i like Literature very much. i am a literature faculty student. i also like music, history, and other art,....
    i want to say hello to all

Hi phuong, Welcome to the forum! I will not claim that my english is wonderful as well.

You should read more and more novels to make your English even better.

Inquisitive bloke ClaesGefvenberg's Avatar

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by phuong
    i am not good at English so i will be very happy if everybody help me
    Nothing to worry about. Even though English is used here, the majority of the posters (including myself) are not native english speakers: See the thread Is English your first language?.

/Claes
    Last edited by ClaesGefvenberg; 03-23-2006 at 06:38 PM. Reason: Typo

radiated
    Hi ll, im new to this site, i followed another link here because of the Poetry.com scam.
    yeah ive been there, done that.
    But what amazes me is that this site informes people about it but it also has an advertisment for then as well,,,dont get it???

radiated
    Sorry i got waylayed, this new computer wants to wrestle with me some times.
    Anyway, im into music, mainly modern underground type stuff although i do enjoy a lot of different types as long as it is original and done well.
    I also love the great outdoors, reading [anything interesting] spirituality and life in general.

Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
    I AM ANEW IN THIS SITE AND IAM VERY GLAD TO BEING WITH MY SISTERS AND BROTHERS .IAM FROM OMAN AND I STUDY IN SULTAN QABOOS UNIVERSITY.I DONT KNOW IF YOU HEARD ABOUT IT OR NOT.I LIKE DRAWING AND LISTENING MUSIC.MY MAJOR IS ENGLISH IN COLLEGE OF EDUCATION.SOOOOOOOOORY IAM LITTLE BIT NOT VERY GOOD IN ENGLISH BUT I LIKE THIS LANGUAGE IN ADITION TO MY LANGUAGE(ARABIC).
    AND THAT IS WHY I CHOOSE THIS MAJOR.
    ALSO I WANT TO TELL FROM NOW FORGIVE ME IF I DID MISTAKE OR UPSET YOU.AND I WANT TO BE YOUR SISTER FOR EVER.THAAAAAAAANKS
    SOOORY I AM VERY HUNGRY .I WANT TO EAT SOMETHING OR I WILL DIE

hi to everyone, im new here and im very glad to be with you...
    i study medicine in english language but my english is not good as it must be...
    im from turkey and i like playing basketball and listening aggressive musics
    im interested in literature for a long time and id like to talk about in literature much
    see ya later

Welcome Noora, I don't think so that anything you said upset anyone.

Kysa, Welcome to the forum! Keep on posting!

from west yorkshire, enlgand

hi its nice to be here, i like bikes and books, movies, music (i play classical guitar) hoping to meet some great people here. so hi.
    Last edited by bookiebiker; 03-26-2006 at 12:57 PM. Reason: more info