Page 421 of 466 FirstFirst ... 321371411416417418419420421422423424425426431 ... LastLast
Results 6,301 to 6,315 of 6982

Thread: Introduce Yourself here and say Hi.

Hello everyone,

Today is my very first day and I'm very excited to be studying literature and look forward to learning something new each day. Currently, my goal is to become an occupational therapist in the long term, but reading and writing is something I have always enjoyed. I look forward to interacting and learning from everyone and everything here.

Hello to everyone. My name is Mary Hoden. I am a professor at the University of St. Thomas in St. Paul, MN. I've joined the forum to further my secret desire - to be a published author - but I have no idea how to do it! Any and all advice is welcome. Meanwhile, I hope to learn from all of you.

Hello everyone, I'm a newbie here. Hope to meet new people and to learn something in this forum.

"I am determined to be cheerful and happy in whatever situation I may find myself. For I have learned that the greater part of our misery or unhappiness is determined not by our circumstance but by our disposition." Let us all share happiness, encourage one another and have faith.

Have a good day ahead!

--LinaAnne

HI, I'm new here too. I like reading books and listening to music (prefer ballad)
    I don't have a specific favourite author. However, I really admire Stieg Larsson and love his Millennium Series.
    It is awsome!!!

Blog Entries
    Hi Everyone,

My name is Tyler and I am brand new to this forum. I suppose the purpose of my online existence is simply to become inspired and feed off of all of the great writers that are outchea putting thoughts and feelings into stories. I also wouldn't mind making a friend or two.

thanks

Hi everyone.

I've always been a reader but mainly non fiction. Three years ago I read The Count of Monte Cristo and it ignited a passion for fiction, particularly the classics.

I would post more but the super blood moon has just started.

("...hi..." said the goblin, wondering if he'd even come to the right place is though, besides his thoughts were more on the coffee machine at this point, so he just continued "...well there's not really much to say about me, married with kids I suppose, yes that's me then..." and then something crossed his mind "...you see, the trouble in one's introduction is simply that if you never meet the other person, there's absolutely no way to prove anything since these are just words on your screen and the reader is blind by it, I mean anyone of us could be just anything then, who knows I could even be a human for that matter MYAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, no no just joking there, thought it was funny though...")

It's a typical night; husband's on the couch, tired from his day in the weather building that barn. the kids are upstairs doing what it is that they do on a weekend night in our rather low key life. My mind, as ever, is ready to fly.

Perhaps you will allow me to ramble a bit?

My mind, or ego, as it may be, at least has an anchor at least these days against flying off into the aery fair blue, and so my sanity gets to have a say. The middle ages of my life have brought mixed blessings, one being the knowledge that I can improve some things, but the years of habit are a serious impediment to actually being as effective as I would like to be. Conflict, as always, is a great force in writing for me as it is any writer. I have never written as a earning vocation, but just for a good time, or to help someone. I'm not a person who worships in a building. I think that what's beyond can be found anywhere. I would go to a church, temple, mosque if I was going to hang with like minded people. but I don't usually see my tribe in most of those places and I have stopped looking. "What would Jesus do?' is good enough for me. I spent some time flirting with Jesus, in a way, and that was a trip.

Get the to a nunnery
    packed my bags
    ready to run away

just you go look see
    for yourself
    a mind set free

Through word, thought
    time & patience
    learning breezy views

This is a slice of my perspective.

Let's lift a glass,
    dear reader
    drink a toast to you,

and another swig for I,
    it's more fun this way,
    thanks for stopping by.

Anyway...
    Last edited by Kemijost; 10-03-2015 at 10:16 PM.

Hello!

This is a long time coming, but I've decided to be a little more serious with my writing (as maybe some if not most of you are on here). A quick Google search brought me to this pretty cool forum, so here I am. And I'm very excited to meet with you all.

I graduated University last Fall after spending my last semester studying abroad in Italy. I finished with a degree in Film-making (with a focus on Animation) and a minor in Art. I work full time as a Photographer and part time at an arthouse theater as a Projectionist/box office attendant. My true passion however, is Storytelling and Illustrating! Which I understand takes up more personal time than an around the clock busy bee has. Being a fresh graduate is really confusing! I want to do everything all at once, but I feel like I don't have enough lifetimes for them all!

Writing is really therapeutic I used to read a lot of YA and Graphic Novels/Manga in my high school years, but I've started to find myself burying myself in more serious conquests. Classics and Contemporaries alike. My list is too long to really name, but if it helps any, I'm a huge Potterhead and i find that most literary buffs I know are divided into saga categories, if you know what I mean. Luls.

Anyway, that's pretty much me right now. Nice to meet you all

Hello, I´m glad to find the forum. I am looking for some English teachers who could recommend me books (poetry, prose) and authors which are poplular among secondary school students in English speaking countries. We are thinking of joining a competition in recitation in English language and as recitation is not my cup of tea, I don´t know what advice to give our students. Thanks for your help.

Hi Popadicova, I am not a teacher, but my kids are in secondary school. Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury, and Tuesdays with Morrie by Mitch Albom and various Shakespeare works; are a couple of teacher's selections. The Hunger Games series, All Quiet on the Western Front, Watership Down, and I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings are recent summer choices they made.

There are some good lists on line, here is a shorter one: URL is phschool.com/curriculum_support/reading_list/high_school.html

Hi, everyone,

Nick McGlue here, fan of literature, film, and popular culture. I'm looking forward to meeting everyone.

Hi Nick, People don't have much to say here so far.

Blog Entries
    Howdy all y'all !

Poets: Please check out the Poetry Games & Contests at: http://www.online-literature.com/for...s-amp-Contests

Looking forward to reading everyones' contributions to the forums !

Ta ! (short for tarradiddle),
    tailor STATELY
    tailor

who am I but a stitch in time
    what if I were to bare my soul
    would you see me origami

7-8-2015

Hi everyone! I'm a jazz pianist and writer living in NYC. As a writer my main interest is philosophy of art and I am particularly influenced by Jacques Maritain and Etienne Gilson (two 20th-century French philosophers) in that regard. As a reader I pretty much check out everything - to give you some idea, the books I'm in the middle of right now are The Return of Sherlock Holmes by ACD, Man, Economy and State by Murray Rothbard, Collected Poems 1943-2004 by Richard Wilbur, The Complete Saki, Stromata by Clement of Alexandria (3rd century philosopher/theologian), and Life of Christ by Fulton J. Sheen.

For discovering new reading material I am a HUGE fan of the magazine Lapham's Quarterly and recommend that everyone check it out. I also currently subscribe to a journal called Image.

I love movies too (favorites are The Godfather, The Big Lebowski, Biutiful), and obviously music (jazz and lots of other stuff).

EDIT: Oh yeah, and I listen to a lot of podcasts - currently The History of Philosophy (Without Any Gaps), History of Byzantium, British History Podcast, Ancient Egyptian Podcast, 99% Invisible, and occasionally various comedy podcasts.
    Last edited by 12tone; 10-10-2015 at 11:18 PM.