Page 324 of 466 FirstFirst ... 224274314319320321322323324325326327328329334374424 ... LastLast
Results 4,846 to 4,860 of 6982

Thread: Introduce Yourself here and say Hi.

HI everybody,

I am Victor Teon, and I'm coming from Serbia. My native language is Serbian, but I am excellent in Macedonian and fluent in English.
    I am engaged as a university professor in Belgrade, giving lectures in marketing, international business and economics and enterprenership.
    In addition to my job, I am also engaged as a translator, English-Serbian.
    Concerning literature, I have been writing poetry and some short stories.
    I've published a poetry book few years ago, and the second is to be published soon, I hope in a couple of months.
    So, I would like to meet people with similar interests and communicate ideas on poetry and literature stuff in general.
    My favorite authors: Pound, T.S. Eliot, O. Paz, Borges, S. Plath, Shelly, Dante, Joyce, T. Mann, W. Blake, etc. etc.

Hey,

I am Katherine Reeds. Reading is one of my favorite Hobbies. It's refreshing to have found a society of like minded people and I look forward to discussions on a variety of topics.

Regards,
    Kath

Bluebell

Hi everyone!

I'm new here since half an hour or so ago, but very excited. You can find some info about me on my profile. You all seem very interesting people and I hope to share ideas with you all.

My name is Rachel, and I'm fairly new here and come from Chicago. I'm into most creative non-fiction that surrounds the environment, like A Walk in the Woods traveling, and most modern novels like The Tin Drum and The God of Small Things. Cheers!

Greetings from the Northwest Side. Enjoy the company.
    You must be the change you wish to see in the world. -- Mahatma Gandhi

wel hello viewers
    I am not very talented and not much highly educated.
    I just find myself little different from the rest of the people.
    And I just believe in hard working for accomplishing anything
    you want.

a good looking young girl nice honest, and happy to be a member. I've filled in a few things in my profile for you to check. In addition to that let me add a few things.As for me, I like music (and singing), reading (although I haven't been able to a lot lately), writing, and history. Particularly, I like musicals at the moment, and writing poetry. Most of the year, I play soccer, even though for a quarter of the year, it's snowing (or just really cold). I live on the East Coast, though it doesn't snow a whole lot here. We pretty much survive the winter on minimal snow days, if any at all, though last year we had about two and a half or three feet of snow fall. My favorite books range about as far as my music genres, which is about anything, as long as it's good. Right now, though, I'm in a "Good Omens"-mood, by Teri Pratchett and Neil Gaiman, which was a fantastic book.

looking for a true love here and i believe that god will provide

hello and happy search to every members in this site

Smile Greetings to everyone

Hello everyone,
    Am a lover of poetry,I love writing.Poetry comes to me naturally, I don't know, I have probably written a few hundreds of poems, many are already published. I also love writing stories, articles, essay. I enjoy good jokes and I also make a few ones. I like to laugh a lot and I also enjoy been alone, especially in a serene environment My favourite places are gardens, good parks, under nice trees, back corners.Am actually an Accountant by profession and have a masters in banking and finance.
    I also love to motivate people and love to teach people the sports I play.
    I like to share this unpublished poem I wrote last year.

Five rain away

When you are five rain away
    It is four pain this way
    This life is different
    The sun no more current
    More than a seasonal thrill
    Your sweetness can turn a mill

Give me a pencil to shade your smile
    Then I would cast them by the seashore
    And no wave can wash them away
    Sometimes the moon hides in the night
    But not since we took that walk
    And comforted the night with our talk

What a country would leave her child to die
    No guilt more cruel than that on the innocent
    Who can tell how many angels wait at the
    Gate to revenge
    I stay still though I dance with my feet
    You can’t remain low when steaming love
    Invades your heart
    Each territory I see you pass by
    I build a tent to protect
    Like a faithful country I tender you
    till you come back five rain away

Title user custom
    Hello, I'm living in France and not a native english speaker, but I fend myself well enough to incur in some discussion. Right now, there is not enough physical conversation about literature available for me, so virtuality shall solve that problem. I'll be very pleased to exchange ideas with many of you and I hope to learn while doing it. Nice to meet you all!
    My blog about literature (in spanish): http://otrasbentilaciones.wordpress.com/

Hi Everybody!

I am a 25 year old man. I am from Iran and am currently living in Iran. But I will soon move to Chicago and stay there for 5 years to get a PhD in business from the Kellogg School of Management, Northwestern University where I will be working on Game Theory.

My English is good enough for my academic and everyday life, but probably not good enough literally.

I am glad to be here and am looking forward to interacting with and learning from you all!!

Whaddya know - I'm new too!

I've been a lifelong reader of good books and Great Books, lately more interested in understanding the background, analysis and interpretation of literature. My studies in university were focused on career needs more than all that interests me, and now that my kids are away at college themselves I've finally got time to dig into those things.

Glad to find a place to poke around in!

Hi everyone

I've thought a lot about how I can introduce myself on this forum.

I've concluded that no better introduction is needed than to assert:

• I love books
    • I love intelligent discussion

It's nice to know the rest of you have similar tastes.

See you all on the discussion boards!

I am really lost and confused too. I do not even know who I am. How I can introduce myself?
    "Some people say the worst way
    to miss someone is when
    they are right next to you
    and you know you can't have them"

It's never too late for good things in life. Welcome to the forum.

Hi

My name is Jennifer and I am a English graduate student. Besides teaching English to college freshmen, I have always had passion for literature. Hence, I read and write for a living and as hobbies.

Pleased to meet you!