Page 252 of 466 FirstFirst ... 152202242247248249250251252253254255256257262302352 ... LastLast
Results 3,766 to 3,780 of 6982

Thread: Introduce Yourself here and say Hi.

Hi everyone!

I'm David from Ireland.

Looking forward to doing a lot of posting here.

Slainte

Introduction

Hello everybody
    My name is Lina and I am new here so it would be nice to hear something from you. I live in a small country up north, called Sweden. Literature is a somewhat new interest to me, so I would appreciate many tips.

Thanks for reading
    Have a nica day
    /Lina

Literary Superstar Pryderi Agni's Avatar
    On the spires of Paris, with the Red Queen...
    Hello! Pryderi Agni, back after a long, long away!

Introduction

Hi to everyone!
    I am Olga from Hungary, my native language is Russian and I love Russian literature.
    I hope to talk to intelligent people here, improve my language and get some advice what to read.

Hey. I'm a secondary school student from Ireland. I came to this site to be able to talk to people love all the same books I do.
    Hopefully, I'll be sonn posting a good bit here.

Novice Bookworm
    A busy little street in the East Midlands.
    Hey my name's Katherine, AKA justfrinny.

I'm 15, live in England and I (obviously) love literature.
    I joined to find out about some more books and have discussions about the ones I've read.

Can't wait to talk to some of you

Hello, I'm Thomas. I currently have less than 2000 books in my apartment, which makes me sad. I love to read, and occasionally write, I will read anything from historical documents to Middle English to the occult and science fiction, or, if necessary to sleep, a newspaper.

Greetings to all.

introduction on myself

hello
    I am a new member to the forum, love reading and sharing

Hi! I'm a recent college grad, looking for great literature. I especially love reading poetry and fantasy. I'm interning for Fogged Clarity, so if anyone's looking for poetry or short stories from new authors (mostly in the Great Lakes region), check it out (www.foggedclarity.com)! Let me know if you know of any other good publications of this type for budding authors!

Hooked on Manga
    Yo, I'm not very familiar with forums, so I'm not sure if I'm doing this righ--

Oh, who cares...?

My name's Matt (aka Insomniac -- if you can't tell...). I'd like to say hi to everyone who's introduced themselves before me and also to those who've been here prior to this introduction ceremony.

Hi.

I'm from the notorious redneck state of Minnesota -- and I can prove Minnesota's notoriety of redneckness is justified.

Author's Note: This is a rant; there is no need to pay attention to most of the following paragraphs.

I just graduated high school about a month ago. Before I graduated, however, our class (of 2009 BABY!) realized something. We had not been taught grammar. Somehow, in nearly every year that our grade was supposed to have been taught grammar, we missed that important section. Fortunately, are English teacher realized this our senior year. Unfortunately, most of the grade had no idea what grammar was. That entire quarter of school was then devoted to grammar.

Most of my classmates sentences were composed thus, "Me and Billy swam to the pontoon and dived off it and kept doing it because it was fun and it was hot out and someone lost there swimsoot and cried because everyone saw his ****." This is a fictional example but many (and by many I mean most) of the seniors literally wrote similarly to this.

I'm lucky, as I loved to read books and therefore picked up most of my grammatical skills accidentally. Still, I'm unable to differentiate between interjections and conjunctions. Wait, that's a lie. . . ummm, *singing to self* Conjunction junction, what's your function? Bla bla-bla bla and bla-bla-bla... *thinking* Oh yes, conjunctions hook-up sentences...

This proves (in my opinion, anyways) that Minnesota is definitely THE redneck state. Well, there's Wisconsin and those **** packers...

Oh, my point of this rant was to lead up to me asking you guys to help with any grammatical errors you may find in my stories.

I really want to learn how to better my writing, and grammar is one of my sore spots. Transitions, interjections, pronouns. . . uh, conjunctions. . . um. . . interjections, semicolons. . .

You get the picture. . .

Author's Note: End of rant.

Anyway, I have a few previously written short stories (and short-short stories) that I'll try to post on here sometime. I'll also try to write (uh, type. . .) up some new ones.

What I'm really looking for from you guys as I write -- aside from praise and awe -- is help with grammar, punctuation (colons, semicolons, these things -> -- (dashes? Oh, uh, can I put parentheses within parentheses? (Is that how you spell that? (What's the plural for that? (you get the picture. . . (oops, I keep doing parenthesizing (and again. . . (okay, I'll stop. . . (seriously, I'll stop this time))))))) , and anything else it looks like I need help with.

Actually, I'm a terribly lazy procrastinator so there's a high chance that you guys won't ever see me again. I'm totally serious. It's hard enough to get myself to brush my teeth twice a day. I mean, really. . . twice?

In conclusion (<- haha. . .), that's all.

Thanks guys.

azazel

Cool im new

hello peoples, i am azazel.wll i just found this site and am interested in becoming an integral part of your literate community...so i dont know....hello...also....i am a poet and am writing a compilation of my works...i am naming consensus sapientium...i am looking for information on how to get it published....so if anyone has some tips for me please feel free to reply....i will be checking this site on a daily basis.good day.

Hello all. My name is Nickolas Cook. I'm a two time published horror writer, but love all literature. I live in the Southwest desert with my wife and four wonderful little Chinese Pugs. I practice Krav Maga, BJJ and Hiraido Ju-Jitsu and collect books and music (love my iPod).

StuRuckus an advanced automaton...

As far as introductions go, I fear mine will most likely not be the most eloquent, or the longest. I will however, make it straight forward. I have a Bachelors in literature, a degree in computer science, to be direct networking and security information. Therefore I am firmly entrenched in the world between science and conjecture; intrinsic and ethereal. Just a small warning if I ever rant too much regarding something seemingly innocuous. I have spent any time in between working and school, traveling. I have visited great libraries all over the world, and like to think that I am fairly dedicated to the literary world and understanding as much what other people feel about a piece as I myself feel, no matter how varying or diverse. True literary genius will allow for interpretation to the nth degree. Only in our discussion can we keep it alive though, for without debate, some would never recognize the works for what they truly are.
    In conclusion, I hope to be a viable and respectful addition to this site. It will be good to make your acquaintances.

-Stu^

Blog Entries
    Welcome stu!

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function. One should, for example, be able to see that things are hopeless and yet be determined to make them otherwise."

-- F. Scott Fitzgerald

Ante todo buenas tardes. I'm Mariano (King Mob, in allusion to Grant Morrison's Invisibles). Argentinian, male, human, and living (for now). I'm studying filmmaking in a cute little university in the city of Tandil (near Buenos Aires).

I've published a couple of short stories in anthologies and read a lot and play the bass and listen to music and (activity) and (hobby) and (hobby). Sorry, i like John Barth. I like comic books too.

And now I'll borrow StuRuckus' last introduction words because I wouldn't be able to say it better: "In conclusion, I hope to be a viable and respectful addition to this site. It will be good to make your acquaintances."

See ya!