Page 364 of 466 FirstFirst ... 264314354359360361362363364365366367368369374414464 ... LastLast
Results 5,446 to 5,460 of 6982

Thread: Introduce Yourself here and say Hi.

Hello people...

Hi everyone on the Online Literature Community

Tis been quite a long time...buh now m back. Pals, my name is Gideon aka Gidee. And m an upcoming writer. I would really need ur help to shape and model me into da great messenger of da pen I wish to become.

Thanks guys.

Hi, Goodman. Well, sorry, in fact I'm Catalan, I fell so at least. I do so much more than Spanish (no offence for the Spanish people, some of my friends are Spanish). Actually I studied Spanish and catalan language and linguistics, so It's been a long time since I read. Basically I am a reader, and now more than ever. I've been reading five shakespearean dramas (three tragedies and two comedies) in the last months. the last one is Twelfth Night, in original version, although I am helped by a Catalan translation.

I got nufin much to say. . . .just. . . . .HI. . . .

Hello - I can't remember if I said hello before - just dropping in and out at the moment, finding my way around.

Quote Originally Posted by jayat View Post
    hi, goodman. Well, sorry, in fact i'm catalan, i fell so at least. I do so much more than spanish (no offence for the spanish people, some of my friends are spanish). Actually i studied spanish and catalan language and linguistics, so it's been a long time since i read. Basically i am a reader, and now more than ever. I've been reading five shakespearean dramas (three tragedies and two comedies) in the last months. The last one is twelfth night, in original version, although i am helped by a catalan translation.
    well jayat it certainly sounds like you're a reader are you familure with don gonzalo de berceo? I was wandering around a book store here in new orleans and came across this old book, milagros de nuestra senora ,in the discount section and i started reading it i love it even thou some of it is written in a old spanih dialect i would say?? Please correct me!!

Quote Originally Posted by Goodman Brown View Post
    well jayat it certainly sounds like you're a reader are you familure with don gonzalo de berceo? I was wandering around a book store here in new orleans and came across this old book, milagros de nuestra senora ,in the discount section and i started reading it i love it even thou some of it is written in a old spanih dialect i would say?? Please correct me!!
    The very few things I know about that religious man was he is one of the first writers (he was born in the late eleventh century) in what is considered Spanish literature and maybe (perhaps I'm wrong. Consider I'm remembering notes from ten years ago when it was I finished my studies...), just maybe what you call a dialect is just the proto-romance, the first castilian, that is, the old spahish language. It's not a dialect but one of the first documents of Spanish writing. It may look a weird writing but think about what was the English language like one thousand years ago...Not the same as it is now, graphically, lexically, etc. On those lines, the very first Spanish document is "glosses of Saint Emilianus", by around 1000 BC, from the same monastery Berceo lived, prayed and wrote: San Millán de la Cogolla, La Rioja (a north central province of Spain).

P.S. Catalan is not a Spanish dialect. It's a self-language talked in the north-est of Spain State, with french borderline, which comes from Latin as well as they do Portuguese, French, Italian or the main Castilian.

Blog Entries
    I'm not a new member at all, in fact, I have been here for quite a while. However, I have been absent for a serious amount of time, so I'm re-introducing myself to those who do not know me.

I'm Bakiryu or Jesse. I'm 20 years old, Cuban, genderqueer, and work as the DIY editor of Rude Girl Magazine

My hobbies are writing, social justice blogging, DIY crafts and reading. My favorite author is Patricia McKillip, although I do have a soft spot for Neil Gaiman and the Iron Man comics.

I have a pretty busy calender, so I might be around as much as I'd like. However, y'all are welcome to talk to me if you want to!
    Last edited by Bakiryu; 02-26-2013 at 05:09 PM.
    Shall these bones live?

Voice of Chaos & Anarchy
    In one of the branches of the multiverse, but I don't know which one.
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakiryu View Post
    I'm not a new member at all, in fact, I have been here for quite a while. However, I have been absent for a serious amount of time, so I'm re-introducing myself to those who do not know me.

I'm Bakiryu or Jesse. I'm 20 years old, Cuba, genderqueer, and work as the DIY editor of Rude Girl Magazine

My hobbies are writing, social justice blogging, DIY crafts and reading. My favorite author is Patricia McKillip, although I do have a soft spot for Neil Gaiman and the Iron Man comics.

I have a pretty busy calender, so I might be around as much as I'd like. However, y'all are welcome to talk to me if you want to!
    And you were missed.

Hello everyone. Cliffyboy is my nom de plume, though it's not a million miles from my Christian name. I'm a bit long in the tooth, so to speak, but like to think I have a lively/'livelyish' mind which I intend to keep right up until the bucket is kicked, even though at the time I might look a little pale, a most awful pun and, sadly, more than likely setting my standard.

I tend to be a bit of a traditionalist where poetry and literature generally is concerned, but I would welcome being corrected and educated further, as it were, since obviously very sensitive people exist and write today every bit as they did yesterday. I'm not a lover of 'academic' poetry, I have to say, and regard a lot of that sort of stuff as being contrived, well, from my meagre readings, like this:

'Our hearts alight on the windows of our soul,
    Drawing their beats and pulses from the blood of flowing beings,
    So who knows what echoes through the ages,
    Who knows what echoes down the corridors of time?

I fear the agony of suppressed love.'

For those of you that have not yet fallen asleep, I have favourite poets and writers - corny, I guess - and if I had to choose the works of some, would list them, but I would also love to add to them, and hope that many of you offer some for me to read. One of the joys of great Literature, like the music we love, is that it never tires the soul nor exhausts itself. I love it, really. Biographically, many years' ago now, it, along with music, rescued me. And on the airy internet waves, I sense an implicit desire, even a forlorn wish, that I had been consumed by the materialism of time and place.

So if I was on a desert island and marooned until death, clad, of course, in purple, another appalling pun, which writers would you recommend I'd have there with me, apart from the ones I'd have already chosen?
    Last edited by Cliffyboy; 02-19-2013 at 07:23 AM.

Blog Entries
    Hi! I am so new that I can't figure out how to edit my profile lol

I am 24 and although I have always loved reading and writing I have just recently decided to pursue my passion. I graduate with a BA in Bio and BS in neuroscience and I worked in the field for a little over a year. I decided that path wasn't for me and I wrote a novel instead. I decided to self publish it and I am happy that I did. I know trying to find a publisher can be excruciating. I just published it two days ago so I'm still super happy about it. Right now I am browsing sites to figure out the next best move for me to take. I'm excited to find such an interactive site!

Voice of Chaos & Anarchy
    In one of the branches of the multiverse, but I don't know which one.
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Crystal Lynn View Post
    Hi! I am so new that I can't figure out how to edit my profile lol

I am 24 and although I have always loved reading and writing I have just recently decided to pursue my passion. I graduate with a BA in Bio and BS in neuroscience and I worked in the field for a little over a year. I decided that path wasn't for me and I wrote a novel instead. I decided to self publish it and I am happy that I did. I know trying to find a publisher can be excruciating. I just published it two days ago so I'm still super happy about it. Right now I am browsing sites to figure out the next best move for me to take. I'm excited to find such an interactive site!
    Don't worry. I have been a member for some years, and I don't know how to edit my profile either, but they did change the version of vBulletin a few months ago, so things got moved around a little.

Hello. I hope you all enjoy the ramblings I have to offer. Please feel free to ask about or criticize (respectfully) any aspects of my writing. Let's get started; shall we?
    I am the outcome of my experiences.

I am atticusfinch. Greetings!

Talking

Hello everyone!

This is Myraa, who have been a pretty clingy stalker of this forum for years now but till now I wasn't able to decide whether I should join or not. I am doing my major right now and keeping in mind the hectic schedule I am to follow, I was in a dilemma but couldn't resist any longer! Some of the important things about me all should know are that English is not my first language, I talk a lot, and by lot I mean LOT , am a complete foodie , I love to love people who give me a reason to do so, my writings are pretty much random and thoughts disorganized, and I adore reading books of all kinds, as long as they seem interesting...oh and I love dropping smileys every now and then

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterL View Post
    And you were missed.
    Yay! I'm glad to hear so! I promise to show my face around here more often when Academia stops beating me to a pulp!

So nice to see that some of the old members are still around
    Shall these bones live?