Page 464 of 465 FirstFirst ... 364414454459460461462463464465 LastLast
Results 6,946 to 6,960 of 6965

Thread: Introduce Yourself here and say Hi.

Quote Originally Posted by Kabby View Post
    I was just noticing that the poster above mentioned "The Remains of the Day." I recently reread that, and was thrilled that I did. I have a greater understanding of the politics in Great Britain prior to WW2 than I did the first time I read it. I thank you Bum for the recommendations, and will look for a new read.
    Welcome to the site, Kabby. I'm glad you liked Remains of the Day. If you get a chance, feel free to leave your comments in the Review a Book forum. I'd love to hear your ideas. By a strange coincidence, I have taken some hard knocks to the head in my time, too. Who knows, maybe concussion is causally related to an interest in literature.
    And this from a man in a bunny suit.

Hi, I'm Cassie Corner, living in Singapore. I love music and believe that it's the best medicine for anyone. That's why I have started my Piano Lessons classes at Adeline Piano Studio. Because of her teaching, I can able to play any music on Piano in just 3 months. Presently, I'm planning for my dad's surprise b'day party. Suggest me any song.

Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by thecassiecorner View Post
    Suggest me any song.
    Monty Python's Spam, Spam, Spam?

Hello to all! I write children's stories. Hope to find useful tips on this forum.

Welcome to the site, CG. Nice to have you with us.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Guerard View Post
    Hello to all! I write children's stories. Hope to find useful tips on this forum.
    welcome
    The more i learn more i become aware of my ignorance
    Awareness of ignorance is wisdom

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Guerard View Post
    welcome
    The more i learn more i become aware of my ignorance
    Awareness of ignorance is wisdom

Hello, I joined because I wanted feedback to a short story that got rejected by magazines. I have a bachelor degree in graphic design and I just got back to the U.S. from a trip to China teaching English. I am trying to learn how to be a backend web designer. I think I can hang in there with frontend designing. I also like to ice skate.

Welcome KJ. Getting published doesn't necessarily have a lot to do with the quality of your writing. You should also understand that virtually no publishers will touch something that's been posted online--so you may want to consider circulating your story a bit more (or just sitting on it for now). It's your call, of course, but you should be aware of those things. Hope you stick around regardless. I'd love to hear about your experience in China.
    Last edited by Pompey Bum; 07-29-2019 at 02:45 PM.

Hi, I'm James. I tried this once, but I guess my post got lost.

I decided to get serious about my writing career last year. I published my first novel last May, and it got a glowing, starred Kirkus review and was named to their Best of 2018 list. So I figured, "Hey, I guess I'm pretty good at this. I should keep going."

I live a very blue-collar existence. I don't have many friends interested in writing - or reading, for that matter. Though they are really supportive, I tend to compartmentalize my life as a writer. I don't talk about it a lot, and I figure that probably hinders my progress to a degree.

Anyway, hope I find my groove here. I've never posted to a message board before, so forgive me if I'm behind the curve.

Hey, good on you, jamespeet. Sounds like maybe you could give us a pointer or two. Welcome to the site.

Hello I am new here and don't know the options perfectly. Any mistake please ignore and help.

Welcome, Saurabhaskprob! The options are to enjoy yourself or to enjoy yourself. And no spam. Nice to have you with us.

Hi, I'm really not that good at introductions if truth be known. The reason why I am on here, to be honest, is to get feedback on stories that I am writing. If you want to have blood shooting out of your eyes, I got great news for you. My writing and grammar is so bad, that I will have that need covered for you. So please feel free to say hello and ask any questions you feel like asking. (I'm much better of answering questions about myself than what I am about telling myself. I know a disaster in the making.)

Welcome gray. If your grammar is bad, try writing in the voice of a character who has bad grammar. You could be the next Mark Twain. On the other hand, I'm not sure you're going to find many people interested in being your editor here. But post a story--who knows?