Page 282 of 465 FirstFirst ... 182232272277278279280281282283284285286287292332382 ... LastLast
Results 4,216 to 4,230 of 6969

Thread: Introduce Yourself here and say Hi.

Greetings to everyone.
    I live in Kathmandu, Nepal. Most of you never heard of it, as it always has been overshadowed by India. Well, I am currently studying Language and Literature as a subject in my A Levels course. I joined this forum to improve my literary skills and to share my knowledge in context to the literary world. To be honest, I am not as skillful when it comes to writing. My initial plan was to join an RPG forum, but that required spending my precious time reading mangas (which I am no where near crazy about).
    I am a huge "MUSIC" fan: I listen to all genres of music and I love reading sci-fi books. I haven't taken Psychology as a subject in my A levels course, but I find myself in the library reading the Psychology textbook. I am keen in making new friends within this forum.

Seeker of Knowledge RosyRosalind's Avatar
    Hello, everyone!

I am in LOVE with all kinds of books, but have recently found an obsession with the works of William Shakespeare. I joined this site to meet fellow lovers of literature like myself as well as improve my knowledge of the subject itself. My greatest loves include singing, playing the piano, reading, and acting.

May the Bard be with you!

Hi...

Greetings to all u new litterature network fans and lovers out there!

My name is Paris and I'm a teacher from London...I love reading anything from poetry to autobiographical works..I also love to write but do so in short bursts (wat I mean is..I'm a lazy writer)..I have chosen the character 'stitch' as my avatar as I feel he represents my personality to some extent..'Stitch' is the name of the genetic experiment 626..a fictional alien originally created to cause chaos across the galaxy..(I sometimes wonder if I myself am a fictional character..as for his ability to cause chaos..(well the less said about that the better)..he is marked by his short temper and mischievous behavior traits that endear him to his friend Lilo..who adopted him as her puppy dog...although I will not admit to being anyone's pet..it has been suggested that that may well be what I need in order to 'find some sanity'..

I am looking forward to some serious conversation..a little humour..debate and insightful reading..(or and some playful fun)...
    Last edited by Paris; 02-09-2010 at 09:09 PM.
    “Whether you think that you can, or that you can't, you are usually right.”

Henry Ford

Hello all,

My name's Alex. I'm a second year English Lit major at university. I'm new to the forums and decided that I should get that awkward first post out of the way here in the introductions area. Favorite writers include Hemingway, Twain, that squirrely guy quoted in my signature, and a whole host of others. Anyway, I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone, hope to talk to some of you soon.
    There is no good reason good can't triumph over evil, if only angels will get organized along the lines of the mafia.

-Kurt Vonnegut

hi my name is Sina although I'm not a native English speaker, I love English and I really enjoy Poe's and other short story writers' works. I'm not into novels any more. I don't know exactly when, but somewhere in University, I found them boring and unbearable. I want to improve my knowledge of English and I hope you guys can help me with that

Hello,

I registered here because I am starting my PhD in English literature in three or four months. For the time being, I am teaching college in an asian country. My school is in a rural area, so I am a bit isolated and have lots of time to read and think, but no one to discuss my ideas with. My subject is tentatively entitled 'Silence in Austen, Eliot and Woolf.' I am interested in the way things are not said in these three authors, and how censure and censorhsip function from regency England to WW2.

hello everyone

andaziar

Hello every body iam glad for being amember of this useful forum ,I hope you the best.

Greetings from Ghana!

I registered because I just like to read.

Call me Leo.

I should have taken Classics and English Lit when I was at school, my teachers said so, my parents said so, but my friends took science subjects, so I took science subjects. I ended up at the bottom of the sea, in the Navy; literally and spiritually, a pretty low period in my life.

Resurfacing, I realised that I had taken my life in the wrong direction, and there wasn't much chance to go back, as I have four kids; I have to feed their mouths, not my ego. So I have decided to further my literary ambitions in an amateur capacity.

I especially love Ancient Greek material --philosophy is fascinating to me-- but I also love the modern novel.

I hope to make friends here that I can consult for opinions about what I am reading, so that I can annotate with more professionalism, and I intend to take formal qualifications in Latin and Ancient Greek over the next few years so that I may join the esteemed ranks of those who call themselves Classicists.

I love you all.

Smile Another Introduction

I'm never sure how to start these things...

Anyway, I stumbled on this site a couple of weeks ago. I was looking up a poem from WWI, and one click led to another. Next thing I knew, I'd found one of my favorite stories from grammar school: The Open Window.

I've been steadily working my way through the list of Saki works, and will move on to reintroduce myself to O Henry.

My hobbies... Well, my husband and I are very "into" self-sufficiency, and "living simply so that others may simply live" (thank you, Elizabeth Seton for saying it so succinctly).

I have a rather large garden, we're working to restore a dilapidated orchard, and we raise chickens, turkeys, ducks, rabbits, and goats.

Old Jeep restoration is a passion of mine. Sewing is fun, reading is better.

So now I'm going to go and answer the question that prompted my joining your membership here, then I will continue reading Saki!

heey

This is me, Literature Girl getting to th!s site couple days ago

Hope we can be good and cooperative friends and help each other to raise our English Literature up and up!

Im really tryin to develope my academic reading. Wish that ! can find what I need here

Blog Entries
    I very much like to see the Chinese book《Tess of the D 'Urbervilles》. and want to see the original works written in English, so I was on Google has come here. I am very happy here, I can feel everyone's life in bloom. So there is this ID, yunxin. English meaning cloud heart. The day after tomorrow is Chinese New Year, I wish you a Happy New Year!

Hello! I stumbled upon this site just this afternoon and thought I'd participate. My favorite authors are brilliant people like C.S.Lewis and J.R.R.Tolkien, but I'll read just about anything.

Hello all, read few threads here and decided to join this forum.
    My hobbies are listening to music, reading books, etc.
    I am interested with people and their thoughts, hoping to find and share lots of interesting things.
    Nice to meet you all!