Page 441 of 466 FirstFirst ... 341391431436437438439440441442443444445446451 ... LastLast
Results 6,601 to 6,615 of 6982

Thread: Introduce Yourself here and say Hi.

Hello ! I'm amandine, I study history but my first love is literature. Sadly my friends don't like to read and discuss about literature, so it's why I'm here now ! I hope to learn more about books, authors, and I start to write a few weeks ago so maybe I will also improve my writing too.

Closed
    Welcome to the site. There is no shortage of people who love to discuss literature here, so jump right in. As it happens my first love is history, so perhaps we can have some interesting discussions, too. Are you studying any particular historical period?

With pleasure ! The first two years was to first acquire more knowledge so the courses focused on the four main periods (mainly Europe history). But this year I have specialized myself in history and archeology, so I mainly study the ancient history by concentrating on Rome (Republic and Empire), Greece and Egypt (pharonique, Ptolemaic and Roman).

Closed
    Very exciting. I studied classical and early Christian history long ago (I'd have gone on to the Byzantine period, but it hadn't happened yet. Since retirement I've read more broadly in European and a small amount of American history. Not having any professors to keep happy, I am able to read thoroughly enjoyable but antiquated historians like David Hume and Francis Parkman (I haven't read Macaulay yet, but I've picked up a complete set at Project Gutenberg). I also enjoy some modern Cambridge and Oxford historians. I've reached the point where I find history I know the least about the most interesting. But I guess Reformation weirdness is also a perennial favorite.

Have you managed to take in much field archaeology? A lot of the promising areas must be closed off nowadays.
    Last edited by Pompey Bum; 08-31-2016 at 08:37 PM.

I'd love to study American history (partly because of the american literature), if you have any authors/books to suggest? Four of my classmates are retired and attend classes only because they love history, I admit that I envy the freedom to study without contrainte. Sometimes it is frustrating to study only one period/country "professionally", there is so much to learn and so little time. Cambridge and Oxford historian are the best in my eyes, especially for classical history (even if the Sorbonne is not bad either ).

Before this year I made excavations on prehistoric and medieval sites, but this year, thanks to my teachers, I will be in Italy and Greece ; Unfortunately (for us) it seems that the excavations in Egypt by foreigners are increasingly limited, so I do not think I can go any time soon.

Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckcharles View Post
    I'd love to study American history (partly because of the american literature), if you have any authors/books to suggest?
    Yes, I can make some recommendations. What I'll do is to revive the site's long neglected history thread and respond there so we don't tie up the introductions thread. Here is a quick link to it in case it gets buried beneath other threads.

http://www.online-literature.com/for...torical-Novels

Hello! I stumbled across this website as I was researching on Masculinist Literary Theory for my thesis. I go by Hazel, and am currently an MA student (working on my thesis lol). And of course, I have yet to find any worthwhile literature on Masculinist Literary Theory but so far I love this website!

On the road, but not! Danik 2016's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hi SK,
    Welcome to the site. What would be your subject of research? I mean, are you researching on specific authors or is yours a theorical thesis?
    "I seemed to have sensed also from an early age that some of my experiences as a reader would change me more as a person than would many an event in the world where I sat and read. "
    Gerald Murnane, Tamarisk Row

Hi!
    I'm writing specifically on Lewis' work Babbitt. I just happen to be using this theory alongside it.

A rural part of Sweden, southern Norrland

Babbitt

Babbitt seems to be an interesting book. I must read it!

Hi y'all!
    .....I just like talking about books and poems sometimes, so here I am!

Closed
    Hello, Suzar. Welcome to the site. Talk away!

Hi, I am Athena, I am a new writer, I am a fan of horror and enjoy psychological stuff. I enjoy anime, video games and cooking. (Also writing if you haven't guessed). I hope I enjoy my time here ^^.

Closed
    Welcome Athena the Real. Great name! I hope you enjoy your time here, too.

Registered User FrankZugg-Klown's Avatar
    My best for everybody! I'm an artistic painter, writer, and love art in all its expressions...
    I like theater, Comics, Movies, and Novels and short stories.