Page 464 of 466 FirstFirst ... 364414454459460461462463464465466 LastLast
Results 6,946 to 6,960 of 6982

Thread: Introduce Yourself here and say Hi.

Hello to all! I write children's stories. Hope to find useful tips on this forum.

Closed
    Welcome to the site, CG. Nice to have you with us.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Guerard View Post
    Hello to all! I write children's stories. Hope to find useful tips on this forum.
    welcome
    The more i learn more i become aware of my ignorance
    Awareness of ignorance is wisdom

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Guerard View Post
    welcome
    The more i learn more i become aware of my ignorance
    Awareness of ignorance is wisdom

Hi, I'm James. I tried this once, but I guess my post got lost.

I decided to get serious about my writing career last year. I published my first novel last May, and it got a glowing, starred Kirkus review and was named to their Best of 2018 list. So I figured, "Hey, I guess I'm pretty good at this. I should keep going."

I live a very blue-collar existence. I don't have many friends interested in writing - or reading, for that matter. Though they are really supportive, I tend to compartmentalize my life as a writer. I don't talk about it a lot, and I figure that probably hinders my progress to a degree.

Anyway, hope I find my groove here. I've never posted to a message board before, so forgive me if I'm behind the curve.

Closed
    Hey, good on you, jamespeet. Sounds like maybe you could give us a pointer or two. Welcome to the site.

Hello I am new here and don't know the options perfectly. Any mistake please ignore and help.

Closed
    Welcome, Saurabhaskprob! The options are to enjoy yourself or to enjoy yourself. And no spam. Nice to have you with us.

Hi, I'm really not that good at introductions if truth be known. The reason why I am on here, to be honest, is to get feedback on stories that I am writing. If you want to have blood shooting out of your eyes, I got great news for you. My writing and grammar is so bad, that I will have that need covered for you. So please feel free to say hello and ask any questions you feel like asking. (I'm much better of answering questions about myself than what I am about telling myself. I know a disaster in the making.)

Closed
    Welcome gray. If your grammar is bad, try writing in the voice of a character who has bad grammar. You could be the next Mark Twain. On the other hand, I'm not sure you're going to find many people interested in being your editor here. But post a story--who knows?

Hopefully my grammar isn't that bad that I need an editor. I usually read it out loud several times before it gets published. I more looking for ideas and suggestions.

Closed
    Well, I'm looking forward to seeing your work. Welcome again.

Hi! I am an extreme book worm!

Blog Entries
    OK . welcome to you all
    I feel so much happy to see you one asks about another
    It is a good idea to revive the friendly soul in the forum at any time.
    I think I shared you and have told something about myself.
    I am retired teacher and translator from Iraq \ Mosul
    I got retired on the age 63 in 2014
    I love the English language too much and especially the literature
    You can follow my activity here ( Ahmad Mohammad) the admin of this group
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/Moha...?ref=bookmarks
    My country is the Home of Honour And
    Without honour I haven't Home
    MMA

My First Post

Hi All,

First time I have joined any type of forum. I’m from Melbourne, Australia and obviously love reading and literature. Although I am a 55 year old secondary school teacher, my subjects are Chemistry, Biology and General Science and I have nothing to do with the teaching of literature or English nor did I study either of these subjects at uni.

In the past twelve months I have cut back my workload and have began to pursue other interests (the teaching profession can be totally consuming) such as the captivating pleasure of reading novels. This year I have joined two book clubs and now I am entering into the cyber world of literature. One book club focuses on classics and the other on contemporary fiction. Although I still have a full time teaching schedule, I follow the DEAR time approach “Drop Everything And Read time”.

Just in case your wondering why MRI - this is my timetable code at work based on my initials which most people immediately think of “Magnetic Resonance Imaging” ie. MRI Scans but I prefer “Mindful Reading Imaging”. Why the image of the bull? This is a homage to Spanish background.
    Regards to all,

MRI