Page 459 of 466 FirstFirst ... 359409449454455456457458459460461462463464 ... LastLast
Results 6,871 to 6,885 of 6982

Thread: Introduce Yourself here and say Hi.

Hello! I've been a member for a couple of years, I think, but I haven't been active in a long time. so here I am, once again. I still love books and reading, of course, one doesn't simply get 'rid' of that. Hope to read a lot of interesting stuff around here

On the road, but not! Danik 2016's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Wellcome back, Tamago!
    "I seemed to have sensed also from an early age that some of my experiences as a reader would change me more as a person than would many an event in the world where I sat and read. "
    Gerald Murnane, Tamarisk Row

lovingly in his eyes, snugly in his arms, safely in his heart...
    Hi Everyone! It's me - Tournesol, returning after [apparently] 6 long years!

Hopefully, I'll be around a lot more lol...
    "My warm hands have made the paper limp,
    So that its feel reminds me of slept-in sheets: comfortable and safe"

"All these things I say... I say them because I want you to know, I don't ever want to regret afterwards that I didn't say enough, I would rather say too much." ~ Samuel Selvon

Closed
    Welcome back, Tournesol. I was here near the end of your tenure, but I remember you (I remember that you had a good sense of humor). It's nice to have you with us again.

Well, hello!
    Looking forward to finding some great new titles. Have a nice, interesting day!

Closed
    Welcome to the site, Lenamy.

Hi, I'm new here. Good to have found such forum and looking forward to learning a lot. Thanks.

Closed
    Welcome to the site.

Hello everyone ...im new to this...lol. Your questions caught my attention on the dark side of humanity.

Closed
    Welcome. Which questions were those?

Good Afternoon fellow members! I am (Obviously) new here . The name is Rebecca, I am a 46-year-old mother of 4 grown kids. I have mostly been a stay-at-home mom (hardest yet most rewarding 'job' I've ever had!). My older three kiddos are between the ages of 21 and 26 and all in college fulltime, minus my eldest son whom is married now! My last born (whom is 20 yrs old) is a Marine (on his way to being shipped out over seas... YES I am terrified.. but I AM PROUD! ...)
    I have spent most of my life (when not parenting) creating art, experimenting with photography and writing poetry as well as short stories. Right now I'm working on a Sim 4 based chapter story accumpanied by art I've created through Sims snapshots . I haven't looked around this forum much yet so I'm not aware wether we can add photo's to our stories or not... if not I'll prob. stick to posting poetry . I really look forward to meeting new people and reading new material!
    ... let the adventure begin
    RebeccaJeanine71

Closed
    Welcome Rebecca! You're a kid compared to some of us, so you may as well consider this play time. People post photos and stories all the time, so share whatever you like. It's nice to have you with us.

Blog Entries
    Woo-hoo another poet !... and from California !!! (waving to you from Garden Valley)

Looking forward to your contributions.

Ta ! (short for tarradiddle),
    tailor STATELY
    tailor

who am I but a stitch in time
    what if I were to bare my soul
    would you see me origami

7-8-2015

Hi,

I'm Nihal, from India. I enjoy reading thrillers and old-classics. Currently, I'm reading Shakespeare's Hamlet; I enjoy works by the bard a lot! I hope to stick around and engage in fun discussions and learn a lot from this community.

Thanks for reading!

Hi everyone! Just found this place and can't believe it's taken me this long! My name is Pat and I'm a 19 year old college student from Ann Arbor, Michigan. I mostly enjoy reading fantasy/sci-fi stuff, but I'm also a huge fan of the specific way some writers (see: Steinbeck) portray realistic fiction settings. Right now I'm reading Cannery Row which is terrific and I'd highly recommend it if you're looking for something somewhat short to read. I also own two cats and am a big fan of cats in general. This seems like a great community and I can't wait to become a part of it.