Thread: dante alighieri and his love

dante alighieri and his love

I've heard of Dante and his works...
    Honestly, I didn't give much attention to it though many gave good complements on his works. I was more intrigue about his story and Beatrice...guys, can you help me? I want to know more about Dante and Beatrice. Can you tell me more about them?Please...thanks!!!
    lives of great men will remind us that we can make our lives sublime and departing leaves us footprints on the sand of time---henry wadsworth longfellow

Dante and Beatrice

If you want to know more about Dante and Beatrice, pick up a copy of his Vita Nuova; it is basically an autobiographical account of his love of Beatrice including his poems about her (and some others). Plus, it is a highly enjoyable read.

I like his NEW LIFE and DIVINE COMEDY, they're really enjoyable

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Clare View Post
    If you want to know more about Dante and Beatrice, pick up a copy of his Vita Nuova; it is basically an autobiographical account of his love of Beatrice including his poems about her (and some others). Plus, it is a highly enjoyable read.

Indeed vita Nuova is the best way to find out about Dante and his love.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    sigh, la vita nouva, what beautiful poetry it is. really makes you apreciate love for the sake of love. i love how he describes seeing her for the first time and hearing a heavenly voice and all that and then how he didnt actaully meet her for 9 years.