Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 38910111213

Thread: The Da Vinci Code

Integrity, I was the wall against which my husband chucked it, but not with vengeance, I was rather something like the wall of the Temple in Jerusalem, for him, I think... I didn't read the book but I heard all about it thanks to my husband...

Even Dan Brown's first sentence was rubbish... If you can't even do that right, what's there to read further???
    It is indeed a page turner, according to my husband at least and probably it has something to do with what you say: a cliffhanger at each end of a chapter... It's like the Bold and the Beautiful, then... A cliffhanger and the next day a total anticlimax... Indeed, you feel so dirty and still you get hooked on it...
    One has to laugh before being happy, because otherwise one risks to die before having laughed.

"Je crains [...] que l'âme ne se vide à ces passe-temps vains, et que le fin du fin ne soit la fin des fins." (Edmond Rostand, Cyrano de Bergerac, Acte III, Scène VII)

I liked the Da Vinci Code alot. It really drew me in. The twist at the end was great too.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 38910111213