Josh looked at his wife lying in the bed. She slept peacefully, her chest moving up and down slowly. Her unconcious mind had no recognition of what had just happened. Josh was glad about that. When she woke it would all come back, and he couldn't bare to see her go through it.

He walked into the dimly lit corridor and placed his hand on the vending machine. As the humming began to grow louder, Josh squeezed his hand tightly around the doll he held. The doll that would have been his daughters...He fought the tears that had suddenly appeared in his eyes. As they burned, he blinked them away. His teeth gritted together and he punched the machine. He began to lose control and in a fit of anger he began to pound upon the machine. This time when the tears came he didn't fight them, he let them come.

"Josh!" Two strong arms came around him and he was pulled away "Calm down!"

"She's gone dad!" He cried "Jess is gone!"

"I know!" He buried Josh's head in his shoulder and stroked his hair the way he did when he was child "I know!"

Josh let himself lose control and he finally collapsed on the floor.

"I almost lost Lauren as well!" His father sat down beside him.

"Son, you need to be thankful that you didn't! Remember what you still have!"

Josh looked up and smiled, "I know. I just....We almost had...We were going to be a family!"

"You will be...Now just wasn't your time!"

"It should have been my time!"

Josh's father raised a wrinkled hand and touched the gash on his son's forehead.

"You can't blame yourself for this! That will be the very thing to break you down...You need to get yourself checked out, you're bleeding!"