Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: "End Times"

Fresh, Fair and Innocent Adelheid's Avatar

Exclamation "End Times"

Throughout the past few years, I have dwelt on this particular theme. It is becoming more obvious that there is something happening nowadays that has never happened before in the History of the World. Natural Disasters and Catastrophies are occurring more and more, rumors of wars are spreading right around the globe, and war is happening in the Middle East right now. Have none of you thought about it and about what it really means?

There is but one explanation for it all: The prophecy from time long ago is about to come true- Jesus is returning.

Have any of you read the Left Behind Series? I have read almost all of them but 'Armegaddon'. I know that it is a fiction book with fictional characters and all, but the events are taken from the Bible, and made into a novel. Still it is a vivid portrayal of what is to come. And reality is always much worse.

Look at the natural "calamities". Thousands have perished, and thousands more will die, but whether to find themselves in Heaven or Hell is up to them. The earth is GROANING for the returning of the Lord. It is in birthpangs, but this is just the beginning of it. The pang will grow in intensity until it is almost unbearable. The same shall be for the world. Disasters after disaster will come, each will be worse then ever before. Has it not come to pass already? The hurricanes were "worst" in history! The earthquakes were almost the worst possible that could happen! People lost everything, their possessions, their loved ones, their lives even. The teams sent to help the victims of the great Tsunami on Boxing Day of last year, are still trying to clear the aftermath of the catastrophy! Whole colonies and villages were lost.

"For we know that the whole of Creation is groaning together in the pains of childbirth until this hour. " Romans 8:22 God's Word Translation
    The world is in turmoil, and many false prophets and antichrists will rise and say, "look, I am the Christ returned!" But do not believe them. You can tell by their deeds and by their fruits whether they are of God or not. For many False Prophets will rise up, and do many "miracles" so that they shall deceive many people. Do not be deceived by them.

"And Jesus said unto them, See ye not all these things? verily I say unto you, There shall not be left here one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down. And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what [shall be] the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world? And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you. For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many. And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all [these things] must come to pass, but the end is not yet. For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places. All these [are] the beginning of sorrows. Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake. And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another. And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many. And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold. But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved. And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come. When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains: Let him which is on the housetop not come down to take any thing out of his house: Neither let him which is in the field return back to take his clothes. And woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck in those days! But pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the sabbath day: For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be. And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened. Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here [is] Christ, or there; believe [it] not. For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if [it were] possible, they shall deceive the very elect. Behold, I have told you before. Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, [he is] in the secret chambers; believe [it] not. For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. For wheresoever the carcase is, there will the eagles be gathered together. Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken: And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.
    Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer [is] nigh: So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, [even] at the doors. Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled. Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away. But of that day and hour knoweth no [man], no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only. But as the days of Noe [were], so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark, And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left. Two [women shall be] grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left. Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come. But know this, that if the goodman of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up. Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh. Who then is a faithful and wise servant, whom his lord hath made ruler over his household, to give them meat in due season? Blessed [is] that servant, whom his lord when he cometh shall find so doing. Verily I say unto you, That he shall make him ruler over all his goods. But and if that evil servant shall say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming; And shall begin to smite [his] fellowservants, and to eat and drink with the drunken; The lord of that servant shall come in a day when he looketh not for [him], and in an hour that he is not aware of, and shall cut him asunder, and appoint [him] his portion with the hypocrites: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth." Matthew 24:2-51
    I have just pointed out to you several things, and I hope that you will read it, because it is important.

"What I say to you, then, I say to all: Watch!" Mark 13:37
    Last edited by Adelheid; 11-09-2005 at 04:16 AM.
    "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed." Romans 10:9-11

Fresh, Fair and Innocent Adelheid's Avatar
    Here's another passage of Scripture regarding the Returning of the Lord Jesus Christ.

"For the trouble of those days will be far worse than any the world has ever known from the very beginning when God created the world until the present time. Nor will there ever be anything like it again.
    Mar 13:20 But the Lord has reduced the number of those days; if he had not, nobody would survive. For the sake of his chosen people, however, he has reduced those days.
    Mar 13:21 "Then, if anyone says to you, 'Look, here is the Messiah!' or, 'Look, there he is!'---do not believe it.
    Mar 13:22 For false Messiahs and false prophets will appear. They will perform miracles and wonders in order to deceive even God's chosen people, if possible.
    Mar 13:23 Be on your guard! I have told you everything ahead of time.
    Mar 13:24 "In the days after that time of trouble the sun will grow dark, the moon will no longer shine,
    Mar 13:25 the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers in space will be driven from their courses.
    Mar 13:26 Then the Son of Man will appear, coming in the clouds with great power and glory.
    Mar 13:27 He will send the angels out to the four corners of the earth to gather God's chosen people from one end of the world to the other.
    Mar 13:28 "Let the fig tree teach you a lesson. When its branches become green and tender and it starts putting out leaves, you know that summer is near.
    Mar 13:29 In the same way, when you see these things happening, you will know that the time is near, ready to begin.
    Mar 13:30 Remember that all these things will happen before the people now living have all died.
    Mar 13:31 Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away.
    Mar 13:32 "No one knows, however, when that day or hour will come---neither the angels in heaven, nor the Son; only the Father knows.
    Mar 13:33 Be on watch, be alert, for you do not know when the time will come.
    Mar 13:34 It will be like a man who goes away from home on a trip and leaves his servants in charge, after giving to each one his own work to do and after telling the doorkeeper to keep watch.
    Mar 13:35 Watch, then, because you do not know when the master of the house is coming---it might be in the evening or at midnight or before dawn or at sunrise.
    Mar 13:36 If he comes suddenly, he must not find you asleep.
    Mar 13:37 What I say to you, then, I say to all: Watch!" Mark 13:19-37
    God is merciful. There is yet time now to repent and accept Him, you know. These disasters are wake-up calls to the Church, and warnings to the unbelievers.

I will leave it at that. Peace be with you all in these turbulent times.
    "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed." Romans 10:9-11

Not politically correct Pendragon's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Exclamation

Calm, concise, and to the point. Nice job!
    Some of us laugh
    Some of us cry
    Some of us smoke
    Some of us lie
    But it's all just the way
    that we cope with our lives...

Another part of you
    Also be ye reminded, ye of all nations, that as the season approacheth, he who doth sit atop the North Pole watcheth, and He seeth everything you do. Lo! Behold! For an angel of the Kringle appeared and he spake unto me, and he spake thus:
    "Be ye careful what ye saith and what ye doeth... For the hour approacheth, and he cometh like a thief in the night, so be ye always awatch, and be ye ready with milk and cookies aplenty."

Another part of you
    Oh, yea I nearly forgot.... Amen.

Blog Entries
    First of all I do not want to offend anyone but just state a opinion that is not directed at any one person.

Earth changes are occurring now more then most of us who are alive today have ever seen in our lifetime. These Earth changes have been occurring since the Earth was first created and before man first set foot upon the planet. When we notice these changes occurring we tend to feel that the end of the world is nearing. What a negative thought to think but one that is understandable after all we humans fear the unknown quite a lot. I feel that we humans have not done a good enough job in taking care of our planet as we should. Now I am not a activist but someone who feels we should take care of the planet as good as we take care of our bodies. Thousands of years ago the Earth was not exposed to half of what we expose it to now.

Now I am not trying to say that Adelheid is wrong in what she/he believes and nor do I feel she/he is forcing that belief onto me. I feel though that Adelheid is trying to help us see that if we do not do something about our planet soon we may face our own self distruction. But I also feel if you place a negative thought into the world it will grow and will have harmful affects. Spiritual awakening is a journey you must want for yourself and if others are willing to share that makes it more special. I mainly have a problem with the human interpretation of the Bible for myself. I have seen the Bible also be of great comfort to someone who is dying or in a crisis. For me it does not provide that and yes, I have read some of the Bible. I believe if you feel something is good it will have a good affect on your life. I believe if you feel that something is bad it will have a bad affect on your life. Beliefs can affect our lives in ways we never imagined and they can affect others lives as well. Balanced life is not always easy to walk and I live my life as best as I can. I am a good person whom believes that when my death comes I shall be judge and straight by only one being. It will not be a fellow human who feels my lack of belief in a Bible will stop me from standing before the Great Spirit. Most religions make me feel the one doing the judging is man and not a higher being.

My apologies to anyone whom may have taken offense but I believe in sending out the positive for the world today. Perhaps this is a wake call that we need not ignore. One lesson we should all learned from this recent storms is that at any moment we may end up without those whom we love. possessions can be replaced people cannot. Although losing everything like home, clothing, and food and water was tragic to those whom lost it. We seem to be pulling together to help each in this time of need. But once this time of need is over then we once again separate as if strangers. We should always be there for each other no matter what.
    Last edited by Ancestor; 11-09-2005 at 07:54 PM.

Words can either heal or harm I choose for my words to heal and do no harm.

Another part of you
    Ancestor, you make an excellent point, and indeed a solemn point. Our mother is in critical condition, and it doesn't look like we're going to be able to save her.

Blog Entries
    I feel that too but I pray that I am wrong about not being able to save our Mother Earth. I even say a healing prayer for Mother Earth and I am beginning to feel the need to do it more often.
    Last edited by Ancestor; 11-09-2005 at 07:53 PM.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    No matter how positive the energy we send or give to this world, it would end. That's the destiny, according to Christianity, of course. And I think that's what Adelheid's posts are all about.
    There are many verses in the Bible that states about this worl'd destiny and the coming of the new world.

I see that this theme has become one of the key "tool's to tell people to repent. But the idea of being scared then repent does not really fit me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ancestor

My apologies to anyone whom may have taken offense but I believe in sending out the positive for the world today. Perhaps this is a wake call that we need not ignore. One lesson we should all learned from this recent storms is that at any moment we may end up without those whom we love. possessions can be replaced people cannot. Although losing everything like home, clothing, and food and water was a tragic to those whom lost it. We seem to be pulling together to help each in this time of need. But once this time of need is over then we once again separate as if strangers. We should always be there for each other no matter what.

Blog Entries
    But by believing it is so doesn't that make it come true? I understand what she/he is saying and I am not questioning her beliefs. All I am saying is that I would rather we not dwell on the end of the world but try to do something to help prevent it. It has not happened yet so why not try to stop it from happening?
    Last edited by Ancestor; 11-09-2005 at 09:24 PM.

Just a weirdo
    Stop the Return?....I don't think we have a choice.

Not politically correct Pendragon's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by subterranean
    No matter how positive the energy we send or give to this world, it would end. That's the destiny, according to Christianity, of course. And I think that's what Adelheid's posts are all about.
    There are many verses in the Bible that states about this worl'd destiny and the coming of the new world.

I see that this theme has become one of the key "tool's to tell people to repent. But the idea of being scared then repent does not really fit me.
    To your last remark, I will say, as I have always said, scared religion is no religion. For when the fear passes, man will forget God. Repentence comes from God dealing in a person's heart until they recognize that they need a Savior, not from fear of hell, but because He first loved them.
    Some of us laugh
    Some of us cry
    Some of us smoke
    Some of us lie
    But it's all just the way
    that we cope with our lives...

Another part of you
    But the Bible teaches that man is supposed to fear God. Proverbs says: The fear of the lord is the beginning of wisdom. The very first thing... Fear God.

Ancestor, I understand what you mean about belief making something true, however, there are different criteria of truth. I think that the truth to which you refer is a subjective truth, whereas, usually when people use the word they refer to an objective truth.

Say for instance that Christ actually did show up on Earth as God incarnate, and did walk on water and rise from the dead, etc. Say for example that the Bible is accurate, then if I believe that it isn't, it's my truth that it's a hoax... However, if there is objective truth to it, then when I die, I still perish in hell becaue it turned out to have objective truth.

Pièce de Résistance Scheherazade's Avatar
    Stop the Return?....I don't think we have a choice.
    I think Ancestor is refering to 'end of times' in a more practical sense. All these natural disasters are result of our neglect of the planet. However, to a religious mind, they are signs of second coming as it is mentioned in the religious books.

The thing is when you have faith and 'believe', then anything and everything can be a proof of God's existence but if you are sceptical already, the very proof offered to you can make you question the existence of God.
    Last edited by Scheherazade; 11-10-2005 at 02:49 PM.
    ~
    "It is not that I am mad; it is only that my head is different from yours.”
    ~

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Scheherazade
    I think Ancestor is refering to 'end of times' in a more practical sense. All these natural disasters are result of our neglect of the planet. However, to a religious mind, they are signs of second coming as it is mentioned in the religious books.

The thing is when you have faith and 'believe', then anything and everything can be a proof of God's existence but if you are sceptical already, the very proof offered to you can make you question the existence of God.
    Well said. People will believe and interpret what people want to believe and interpret from each scenario played out on this planet...many people thought it was the end of days when Hitler invaded poland, the ussr and usa raced to create more destructive weapons, and so on.
    I think that what will happen will happen, and we have no means of labeling the future events with a date and time, so for now, live a normal and good life, and if tomorrow is the "rapture" then there aint a whole lot we can do about it.

---------------
    Stanislaw Lem
    1921 - 2006, Rest In Peace.
    "Faith is, at one and the same time, absolutely necessary and altogether impossible"

Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast