Thread: Shared story

Blog Entries

Smile A never ending story begins

This idea was suggested to me by lauraicp on Dailen's thread Mental Motivation - Share your View.
    The idea is, I'll start a story, with a sentence or two, possibly a small paragraph, and the next person continues the story for a sentence or two, possibly a small paragraph, and so on, and we'll see what we come up with. You can write anything you like, as long as it continues on from the part above it. Understood?
    Rules explained, let's give it a try.

It's a dark and stormy night. The wind is howling and the trees are waving in the wind. The rain is so heavy that you can barely see your hand in front of your face. A stranger, on horseback, approaches the city gates.......
    Last edited by Bluebiird; 11-09-2005 at 10:13 AM.
    No doubt but there is none other beeste comparable to the mightie dragon in awsome power and majestie, and few so worthie of the diligent studies of wise men - Gildas Magnus, Ars Draconis, 1465

Blog Entries
    ......."I come on urgent buisness!" The stranger cried.
    The night guard, who had been sleeping, woke with a start and put his head out of the window.
    "Who are you?" He bellowed, "What do you want here?"..........
    No doubt but there is none other beeste comparable to the mightie dragon in awsome power and majestie, and few so worthie of the diligent studies of wise men - Gildas Magnus, Ars Draconis, 1465

Blog Entries
    ....... "Open up man! It's freezing out here, don't you know who I am?" The man demanded.
    "No!" the guard replied, "If I did, I might let you in!"........

Write your story. Let us see what is in your mind.

I would join in, But I'm a reader not a writer.

Blog Entries
    I'm a writer, but I've never actually finished a story, accept for one or two crummy, stupid little ones that would humiliate me to publish. That's why I started this. It's just a way to brainstorm, throw a few ideas around and see what happens. Anyone can make an adition to the story, even if it's just a line or short sentence.
    Last edited by Bluebiird; 11-29-2005 at 09:58 AM.

"It's me," the man shouted. A steady stream of rain water trickled down his rugged and weather beaten face.
    The gaurd leapt to attention realising the person he was keeping out in this hellish weather was...
    "All are lunatics, but he who can analyse his delusions is called a philosopher."

Blog Entries
    .....none other than Lord Snobbish, one of the chief advisors to the king. He'd been away discussing peace treaties with one of the neighbouring kingdoms.
    "Oh, Sir," The night guard cried, opening the gate, "Had I known it was you..."
    "Never mind that now!" Lord Snobbish cried, "We are on the brink of war! I must see the king."
    "War!" exclaimed the night guard, "But why?"
    "Because the princess' refusal to marry their prince was taken rather badly."
    "But, she's refused every prince that's come calling. Why should they be insulted?" the night guard asked.
    "Pride man, pride. I must tell the king that we are now at war with the kingdom of.....

Blog Entries
    .....Chickinville."
    "Chickenville?" Inquired the confused guard, "Is it full of chickens?"
    Lord Snobbish nearly exploded, "Chickens! CHICKENS! NO! It's home to one of the most powerful armies in the ENTIRE KNOWN WORLD!"
    The guard paused, "Is that true Sir?"
    "What?!" Lord Snobbish bellowed.
    "T-t-that they own the most p-p-p-powerful armies in the w-w-w-world Sir," The guard said, trembling so badly that his armour rattled.
    "Would I say it if I didn't believe it?!"
    "Y-y-yes...n-n-n-no S-s-s-sir."
    "Good. Now, see to my horse, I shall see the king now."
    "B-b-b-but he'll be s-s-s-sleeping Sir"
    Lord Snobbish turned and glared at him. The guard quickly went to see to the horse, tripping over his feet as he went, while Lord Snobbish stormed off to see the king. .....
    Last edited by Bluebiird; 05-23-2006 at 06:50 AM.