Thread: Matthew Reilly's novels

Cool Matthew Reilly's novels

Any matthew reilly fans out there.
    I'm a great fan of his. I've read all his novels except Temple. Those were the best action novels i had ever read. but i must agree that of all his novels, contest has an empty core in it. what do you all think.

IN ice station, i'm a bit sceptical about that 70's jet bomber taking off. isn't it

matthew reilly fan!!!!!!!! ive been waiting for you to arrive on this forum (ive secretly been stalking you...joke joke, dont run away..COME BACK!!!)

ive read all his books, and loved them. ive read temple, and its one of his best, you shud definetely read that, its awesome.

his latest one, Scarecrow, is also awesome. takes Shane Schofield as a target for a massive bounty hunt with almost $20million on his each, along with 14 others.

i agree in ice station bout the 70's jet bomber, but you really have to take his novels with a pinch of salt and realise that he is there to entertain, not tell a story of an actual event. very entertaining novels though.

I'm now reading Scarecrow, and definetly an elegant reilly style. Even here the stunts are extravagant, but as you said its nothing but sheer entertainment and he does it pretty well. I think why he appeals us so much might be the fact that he is from the modern generation, and his flair for fast cars, big (and mean) weapons.

I would defenitely want his novels made into a movie, what do you think.

Blog Entries

matthew Reilly's New book

I ama big fan of Matthew Reilly. I have just bought his latest book Six Scared Stones. This is a follow up to The Seven Ancient Wonders. They are both must reads.

Red face Opinion & Question

I am a huge Matthew Reilly fan. I have read everything that he has written, even his short stories and would have to say that Temple is his best work.

I absolutely loved it from start to finish.

I haven't gotten a chance to read Six Sacred Stones yet.

What does everyone think about it?
    how does it rate compared to his other works?

Blog Entries
    I have read all of his books and I love them.

Does anyone think that the new movie speed racer is more then a little like Hovercar Racer?

Read Six Scared Stones it is great I can not wait for Five _____ to come out.

H

Yeah i do see the similarities, however Speed Racer has been a cartoon for many years.

yeah i might just start reading Six Sacred Stones today.

Which book is ur favourite out of all of his works? and why?
    Regards
    Dean Pike

"The hottest places in Hell are reserved for those who in time of great moral crises maintain their neutrality."

Blog Entries
    Oh I didn't realise that Speedracer was a cartoon that explains that.

I love the character of Scarecrow so any book with him I love, although I have to say that I am really starting to love the characters in Seven, Six etc.

You should check out matthew reilly's website there is a lot of great info on that site including a blog by the man himself

Hey, Yeah he is good....

i started on Six Sacred Stones yesterday arvo, thought i would get it finished soon so that i am all caught up and ready for his next book.

Does anyone have any idea when to be expecting the next one?
    Regards
    Dean Pike

"The hottest places in Hell are reserved for those who in time of great moral crises maintain their neutrality."

Blog Entries
    According to his web site he is currently half way through the book I guess that will make it next year sometime? As a clue he told us that he is on his way to Easter Island for research. No hint yet as to the name so it will be Five..... But and there always is one he will be disclosing the name on his web site first and soon judging by his last blog the link to it is below

http://www.matthewreilly.com/reillyblog/08-04.htm

Quick Question

In Six Sacred Stones.

Rufly how far into the book is it before you become hooked?

Because iv found that in everyone of his books there is a certain point that the action intensifies, the story thickens. If you get what i mean. Iv read about 50 pages cause i didn't get long to read yesterday and i haven't really hit that point yet?
    Regards
    Dean Pike

I've just finished reading Scarecrow, it was amazing. A great pop-corn thriller that you can just enjoy. I hope he does another Scarecrow novel soon! Shame Fox had to die tho. He must be crazy mad now. I found a mock trailer for Ice Station on youtube too. Have a look looool awesome!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQhXMmpSf4g

Who do you think would win in a fight Jack West Jr. or Shane Schofield (Scarecrow) ?

Jack West is pretty bad *** with his metal arm but Scarecrow would kick his ***. lol