Thread: Where did Holmes and Watson meet?

Where did Holmes and Watson meet?

The question is where did H&W meet and by whome?

tnx
    Last edited by Kluna; 10-30-2005 at 03:53 PM.
    Does killing time damage eternity?

I believe they met through a friend of Watson who introduced him to Holmes when the former expressed a desire to find affordable accomodation in London following his return from Afganistan. I don't remember the name of the story/book that mentions this but I clearly recall having read it.
    Hope that help, a bit!!

Watson & Holmes met in the chemical laboratory of a hospital where Holmes was conducting some of his experiments. They were introduced by Stamford, a mutual aquaintance, on the grounds that both were looking for affordable accomodation, as novellover said. Later on they'd both settle in the famous residence of Baker Street.

The encounter takes place in the very first book of Sherlock Holmes, A Study in Scarlet, which can be found in this site here.
    Ningún hombre llega a ser lo que es por lo que escribe, sino por lo que lee.
    - Jorge Luis Borges

Thanx a lot
    Does killing time damage eternity?

Not politically correct Pendragon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Further, the hospital was St. Bart's......
    Some of us laugh
    Some of us cry
    Some of us smoke
    Some of us lie
    But it's all just the way
    that we cope with our lives...

The Voices In Your Head Reichenbach's Avatar
    It is all explained in "A Study in Scarlet" a book that I highly recomend! It is the first of Holmes' cases that Watson chronicled and is, in my opinion, one of the best. It starts when Holmes and watson club together to buy affordable rooms in Baker Street, Watson is intrigued with his new roommate and goes out of his way to find out anything and everything about him, Holmes finds that Watson's gift of silence makes him a perfect companion and a friendship is formed!
    Populus me sibilat, at mihi plaudo ipse domi simul ac nummos contemplor in arca
    There is only one thing in this world that gives me my slender grip on reality, and that's intimate relationship I share with my large collection of singing potatoes!