Buying through this banner helps support the forum!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nightmares You've Had

Nightmares You've Had

Considering the fact that tomorrow's halloween, I think it'd be interesting to discuss nightmares we've had. Try to be as descriptive as possible. I'll start(by saying that, it makes me feel as if this was a game... hope I didn't post it in the wrong place)

Once, when I was six years old(yes, I remember nightmares from that far back) I had this short nightmare. It was an eerie night. Clashes of thunder, and splashes of rain were heard from outside. The radio, the only thing I heard. A man hosting a "show". Chills running up and down my spine. Then slowly my mom called. I went to the kitchen and there I saw my family. I wasn't focusing to much on them though. I felt something... something strange and out of the ordinary. There was silence... I couldn't figure out why she called me there. I looked at my Dad who, from my perspective, was standing beside the window. Flashes of lightning were seen. It started to feel chillier. Spine- colder. Then all of the sudden... with one flash of lightning... a hand covered in blood appeared on the window... a stare from a guy with no hair... all bloody... was seen. He was looking directly at me with an evil face. One that could corrupt the purest soul. Then the flash ended and it disappeared into the abyss. Then everyone started to walk away. My sister and me the only ones left. She changed into a creature... a shadow. Arm around my neck and choked me.

For the past several nights I've had this recurring nightmare that I was trapped in a writers' forum where I was forced to read pinheaded posts.

Wait ... Where am I?

when i was younger, i had a reoccuring dream that a mad doctor kidnapped my sister and took her into a pink doll house to operate on her. i always would go to save her but cuoldn't; he would take me in to. i didnt stop having the dream until my grandma interpreted it and told me it meant i was supposed to help potty train my sister.
    "Sometimes reality is an ugly thing. Oh yes this world is still a mess, but you still have one more complaint to add on to this list. Just one more dead weight to help pull down this sinking ship. Same old heartbreaking story."
    against me!

""what school do you go to?" i told her pencey, and she'd heard of it. she said it was a very good school. i let it pass, though"
    holden caulfield

Banned
    Blog Entries
    You're somewhere around here...

Quote Originally Posted by starrwriter
    For the past several nights I've had this recurring nightmare that I was trapped in a writers' forum where I was forced to read pinheaded posts.

Wait ... Where am I?

My last nightmare: a tripod with iron hands..

Just a weirdo
    I'm blindfolded, face down on a table, its wooden and warm,
    Can't move, cant feel my body, but I know I've been here a while.
    I hear two sets of feet, with hard soles
    Dirt grinds against stone as they walk
    I think I'm in a barn, Smells like horses and hey

One of the men comes close to me, leans over and speaks
    "OK, Molly, You know we have to do this."
    "we're going to try to make it painless." Says the other
    The other is by an opening, the fresh air comming in carried his scent.
    My collar is being undone, his hands are cold
    Then the itch, colder...harder...serated!

I understand what's about to be done.
    Yet, I have no fear....I'm calm.
    "It will be over before you know it." He spoke again.
    I know that voice....Can't place it.
    The edge of the cold metal moves around to find a place

It stops...
    "I'm Sorry Molly."
    The pull !....The pull...!
    My skin is torn to the left as he moves the blade
    -why couldn't he haved used a strait edge?

"we're almost done, Goodbye Molly"
    He had wedged the blade between two bones.
    Pop!....A tingling sensation, starting at my feet rushes to my head
    Sparkles of light...
    Then nothing.

* This is one of the most Lucid dreams I've ever had,
    and I have it over and over.

woah, that's kind of freaky. Odd how you weren't afraid. If it was a lucid dream, why didn't you do anything to stop that unknown man? or at least phazed out of the dream into reality? well... anyhow... I just remembered a lucid dream I've had... lol... kind of funny:

Alright, so I'm on the computer typing. Typing and typing away, when all of the sudden I spontaneously realize I'm dreaming(happens all the time to me, chance of me realizing rises if I try to have a lucid dream). I start trying to do cool things when I realize the TVs next to me. Been a while since I've had a nightmare, I thought. So with that... I start breathing a bit faster due to temptation. I wonder if I can handle it. Then I just decide to go ahead. Static turns on... and The Ring begins. Then I'm stuck and can't get out of my dream because I lose lucidity.

Blog Entries
    I don't really mind a good nightmare once in a while, I consider it like a really good horror film. Scary as hell, but interesting at the same time, what I really don't like is the following dream I had recently:

I was sleeping, when the alarm went of, so I got out of bed, picked clothes to wear, went to the bathroom to take a shower, etc. and when I left the bathroom I realized I was still asleep, so I woke up and was still in my bed. It was 6 AM instead of 7, when my alarm is supposed to go off. That really pissed me off, because it made me loose an hour of sleep, that I really needed, and it forced me to wake up twice too. Waking up early has to be one of the worst things ever invented.
    There is no darkness, there is no light, there is only Lasagne!

the human trampoline
    i had a nightmare last night lets see if i can remember it...

It started like... like a movie, 3rd person i am watching these two detectives and they are after this like serial killer -hanibal lector/norman baites type freak and their interviewing this guy and he has a very nice cosy home. they are just following a lead it seems. then one of the characters who i both was and wasn't, realized that this was the guy they were after, but it was shocking because i looked into the face of the guy and i had a past memory of him biting my finger off and his face metamorphosed. Well i try to warn my partner (who was female... quite possibly scully herself from X-files) and i pull the gun on him but i'm still watching 3rd person and finally like we scuffle and he bites my ear off and i bite his neck and then like shots are fired and scully's knocked out and i didn't even realize i'm it hapend but i'm missing another finger. that is the opening scene and i dont know...

A year later we're again seeming to be just doing normal **** and we get this house call about a kidnapping and we go to the house and its holloween. and i just realized i do not have the time, or the patience or writing aptitude to describe this crazy dream. it was insane.

But what basically happens is he keeps kidnapping and asking for ransome and then always killing the kids in grotesque ways.

Then there was some kind of like gameshow and he got on it somehow and started killing all the contestants and he was superhuman in his resiliency. I thought i killed him numerous times through different characters but the mother ****er always came back. I blew him up and severed limbs, but the bastard was a demonstrative s.o.b. one time we were all set and ready ... we had him trapped... and he made it look like our team... our own members of detectives/marines or whatever was in on it and i was like oh ****. I was taking on several characters roles... and the one guy he made to look with a most guilty countenance i was able to become and when they were going to shoot me and not him... i grabbed him and with a can of propane and a land mine and grenade or some **** i tried to blow him up, and i think i did... but he was able to be like proteus or whatever... the god who can take on different forms and go through metamorphosis. Not lycanthropy but like... something else, i can't think of the word. Anyways it was a crazy dream and very graphic and then it ended.

When i woke up i was a little disquieted.
    All across the telegraph
    His name it did resound,
    But no charge held against him
    Could they prove.
    And there was no man around
    Who could track or chain him down,
    He was never known
    To make a foolish move.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    This was from last night: I brushed my teeth but suddenly they starting to fall apart one by one and blood was all over. It was a too short dream.

One night I had a nightmare where someone cut off my head, and I woke up actually out of breath and lightheaded.

Okay, I'll tell you about a real nightmare of mine.

It was a recurring nightmare I had periodically for years. I am standing in this house, looking out the window at a treeless plain, when I see a funnel cloud form. It shoots down to the ground and churns up a a huge dust area like an explosion.

I feel absolute panic when I notice the tornado is moving toward the house. I run from room to room, trying to decide where to hide. I hear a terrible noise outside like a freight train.

And then I wake up sweating with my heart pounding.

I got so sick of this nightmare I finally resorted to lucid dreaming one night. In the middle of the nightmare I made a choice to let the tornado hit the house before I woke up. When it did, the house came apart and I was flying through the air. When I woke up, I didn't feel panicked like before.

I never had that nightmare again. I have my own interpretation of what it all meant, but I'd like to hear opinions from you guys. Should I lay down on the couch?

i had a dream (well i'm hoping that's what it was) that something was laying beside me in my bed except on the outside of my cover. i 'woke up' in my dream (it seemed like it was real because my room looked the same as it did when i went to sleep) and tried to sit up but i couldn't, i kept getting pushed down by whatever was in my bed. then i really woke up and tried to sit up but i felt like i couldn't so i started freaking out.
    "Sometimes reality is an ugly thing. Oh yes this world is still a mess, but you still have one more complaint to add on to this list. Just one more dead weight to help pull down this sinking ship. Same old heartbreaking story."
    against me!

""what school do you go to?" i told her pencey, and she'd heard of it. she said it was a very good school. i let it pass, though"
    holden caulfield

Quote Originally Posted by subterranean
    This was from last night: I brushed my teeth but suddenly they starting to fall apart one by one and blood was all over.
    Freud said dreams about losing teeth symbolized fear of impotence. But his dream interpretation was skewed by an over-emphasis on sexual matters. In other words, he was a dirty old man.

Just a weirdo
    DigitalCrash:
    woah, that's kind of freaky. Odd how you weren't afraid. If it was a lucid dream, why didn't you do anything to stop that unknown man? or at least phazed out of the dream into reality?
    This gives me an Idea.....

The nightmare I shared,.. I've often wondered why the submission to the
    beheading was so complete...So I propose a game.

In a new thread, I will post the nightmare...Draw attention to the
    Constants of the dream and ask that others would come and
    write a small bit of what they could see as being, a set of events
    leading up the submission.

As a short story or just quick thoughts...whatever you pleasure.

(I love to play with the cut and paste,
    but it's not as delightfull as My Blue Pen)

Quote Originally Posted by starrwriter
    Freud said dreams about losing teeth symbolized fear of impotence.
    lol, does that apply to women as well?
    I do agree with you on his being obsessed with interpreting everything from a sexual perspective. Which means he got most things wrong.

Your nightmare sounds like a "fear of something" dream. Maybe fear of a change or of a decision? When you finally faced it and came out basically unharmed (although the house, which maybe was your protective shell was destroyed), the fear disappeared. Problem solved, nightmare gone. imho, of course
    I can't help wondering how Freud would have interpreted it

Can you really "resort to lucid dreaming" as in going to bed with the idea of solving that dream once and for all, or did you mean it was just a spot decision while you were dreaming on that particular night? just curious
    not entirely sane and damn proud of it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast