Buying through this banner helps support the forum!
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Thread: What Do Women Want?

Cancel that...it's my hips that make my hips look big.
    I poured spot remover on my dog. Now he's gone.

Haven't I always said those pants have a wonderful slimming effect on you?

Men want someone. Period end of discussion.
    Men don't deserve it.
    Men want their point of view in every discussion.
    Men aren't infallible.
    Men want someone.
    Men want someone.
    Men want someone.
    Men want someone.

Here's a thought, use the time to analyze yourselves, stop making such generalisations based on the last woman that left you alone with a tube sock and turn the page. We're not the enemy, we aren't all that bad and you guys do seriously burp, bleat, snore, toss or turn way too much and hey, why haven't you called your mother?

Slimming effect?
    Gawd!
    Does that mean I need help slimming myself down? Do I look fat? Will you still love me if I get fat? Why can't I just be beautiful?

No, dear, I just meant those pants have always looked really good on you!

"If it is honorable for you to disturb the dead, I shall consider it an honor and will make it my ambition to disturb your living." - Captain Miles Hazzard

And you'll be beautiful no matter what!

"If it is honorable for you to disturb the dead, I shall consider it an honor and will make it my ambition to disturb your living." - Captain Miles Hazzard

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lhaeber
    Men want someone. Period end of discussion.
    Men don't deserve it.
    Men want their point of view in every discussion.
    Men aren't infallible.
    Men want someone.

Here's a thought, use the time to analyze yourselves, stop making such generalisations based on the last woman that left you alone with a tube sock and turn the page. We're not the enemy, we aren't all that bad and you guys do seriously burp, bleat, snore, toss or turn way too much and hey, why haven't you called your mother?

Take your own advice, your posts have been the most acidic on this thread. I don't even own a pair of tube socks, so could you please explain that comment for me? I don't want someone, I want to be alone, and actually those pants were unflattering especially when the last woman I dated (and the 7-8 before that) asked the question.
    Last edited by B-Mental; 10-29-2005 at 07:38 AM.
    "I am glad to learn my friend that you had not yet submitted yourself to any of the mouldy laws of Literature."
    -John Muir

"My candle burns at both ends; It will not last the night; But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends - It gives a lovely light"
    -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by starrwriter
    I knew this thread would lead to potshots at me.

FYI, no woman ever said that to me, but it's happened to most guys I have known and it's apparently so common they make fun of it on TV commercials. That phrase seems disingenuous, deceptive and evasive to me. I don't think it has anything to do with sparing a guy's feelings. And men don't say it to women.
    Wrong. They do say it.
    “I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”- Robert McCloskey

yes, that's me, your friendly Moderator 💚 Logos's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    All I will say is..

I've now read enough sexist, gender-based sterotypes, wide-sweeping generalisations and cliches for the next ten years.
    Forum » Rules » FAQ » Tags » Blogs » Groups » Quizzes » e-Texts »
    📚 📚 📒 📓 📙 📘 📖 ✍🏻 📔 📒 📗 📒 📕 📚 📚 📚 📚 📚 📚 📚

the human trampoline
    i agree logos! And they aren't even good ones. But, the only thing that bugs me about the whole man / woman situation is the concept of: the woman chooses the man.

The man can court women,
    but he does not get to choose the women of his courting.

Women don't necessarily get the choice of anyone, but they do get the choice of their potentials.

I don't know why this bothers me, maybe some insecurities of my own or what, but i always feel the women got the good deal on that.

I have the feeling that this puts guys at a disadvantage, only because of all the bull**** games that are played. See, the guy as the agressor has to make his presense and interest known. And then while she hesitates to make sure you've bit fully down on it, she finally starts pullin' the bait and the hooks in deep now, but you've got to back off at the same time because this girl is protecting herself, making sure you'll jump through hoops, and your gonna do it, but its a game of balance. Jumping through some and not others. Walking the line.

It bugs me though. And every once in a while it doesn't go like this. But, when it does, i want to be finished with it. Plus, in my experience, girls are more manipulative and dishonest. A biased experiance but, ****! I stand by this one. You girls don't give us enough credit. We have a CODE. alright! And feelings too! Were like loyal dogs. One of our weaknesses. It allows us to be pinned down so easily.

Anyways, Try and understand your man if you can.
    All across the telegraph
    His name it did resound,
    But no charge held against him
    Could they prove.
    And there was no man around
    Who could track or chain him down,
    He was never known
    To make a foolish move.

yes, that's me, your friendly Moderator 💚 Logos's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Well I will put forth a _fact_ here, that at the local university the student ratio of men to women is 1:7

I suppose men do have some basis to feel they're getting a `raw deal' or that it's really difficult to `connect' emotionally with a woman since they have so many to choose from.

Here's another cliche: `quality vs. quantity'
    Forum » Rules » FAQ » Tags » Blogs » Groups » Quizzes » e-Texts »
    📚 📚 📒 📓 📙 📘 📖 ✍🏻 📔 📒 📗 📒 📕 📚 📚 📚 📚 📚 📚 📚

well you are losing your hair but it just makes the lovely shape of your head easier to enjoy. And your hips look perfect, just don't share them with a guy that can't open jars.And as for you you THINK no woman ever said that to you, but remember that bout of forgetfulness you went thru, when you were scared it could be alzheimers? you remember you started out going for a coffee and ended up feeding pigeons in Central Park and you don't even like pigeons.
    I think it comes down to covenant and i know plenty of couples of thirty years or more that went thru it all and grew up and saw not the fantasy they wanted to see in front of them but who the other person really was and fell in love. And they looked around this cold world and counted themselves blessed.
    B-mental, it is a fact that most guys can cook better than we can. I always keep my mouth shut and enjoy even though people say i am a great cook. it is all relative. and all my girlfriends are horrible drivers. I always carry a vomit bag when I am with them.
    starrwriter I know the name of a great therapist who also saw frankie and johnny should you need one!!!

Look, you're not losing your hair already and would you move out of the way so I can see if these pants make my hips look big?
    You betcha.

(I'm just agreeing with whatever you say, like the schmuck in the TV commercial.)

Quote Originally Posted by rachel
    And as for you who THINK no woman ever said that to you, but remember that bout of forgetfulness you went thru, when you were scared it could be alzheimers? you remember you started out going for a coffee and ended up feeding pigeons in Central Park and you don't even like pigeons.
    Central Park ... pigeons ... It all sounds vaguely familiar. I remember a hooker from Times Square.

I think it comes down to covenant and i know plenty of couples of thirty years or more that went thru it all and grew up and saw not the fantasy they wanted to see in front of them but who the other person really was and fell in love. And they looked around this cold world and counted themselves blessed.
    Or cursed, as the particular case may be. Did you say coven? Hmmm...

all my girlfriends are horrible drivers. I always carry a vomit bag when I am with them.
    For leftovers?

starrwriter I know the name of a great therapist who also saw frankie and johnny should you need one!!!
    You betcha.

Slimming effect? Gawd! Does that mean I need help slimming myself down? Do I look fat? Will you still love me if I get fat? Why can't I just be beautiful?
    I don't know, why can't you? (Sorry, I couldn't resist.)

Who opened this can of worms anyway? Wait -- it was me, wasn't it?

Actually, I find the discussion quite stimulating. There are a couple very funny ladies in this thread. I love sarcastic humor. Besides, it's better to get all these gender grudges out in the open. Otherwise, they fester and upset the digestion.

We all want magic, but there's only so much to go around.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast