Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Do muslims love Jesus (peace must be upon him)???

Do muslims love Jesus (peace must be upon him)???

Jesus in Islam
    Here is a picture of what the Holy Quran portrays of a good Christian:
    "...AND NEAREST AMONG THEM IN LOVE TO THE BELIEVERS WILT THOU FIND THOSE WHO SAY, "WE ARE CHRISTIANS": BECAUSE AMONG THESE ARE MEN DEVOTED TO LEARNING AND MEN WHO HAVE RENOUNDED THE WORLD. AND THEY ARE NOT ARROGANT." HOLY QURAN 5:82
    WE MUSLIMS BELIEVE;
    THAT JESUS WAS ONE OF THE MIGHTIEST MESSENGERS OF GOD,
    THAT HE WAS THE CHRIST,
    THAT HE WAS BORN MIRACULOUSLY - WITHOUT ANY MALE INTERVENTION,
    THAT HE GAVE LIFE TO THE DEAD BY GOD'S PERMISSION,
    AND THAT HE HEALED THOSE BORN BLIND AND THE LEPERS BY GOD'S PERMISSION.
    IN FACT NO MUSLIM IS A MUSLIM IF HE DOES NOT BELIEVE IN JESUS!"
    Muslim does not take the holy name of Jesus, in his own language, without saying Hazrat Eesa (meaning revered Jesus) or Eesa alai-hiss-salaam i.e. ( Jesus peace be upon him). Every time the Muslim mentions the name Jesus (pbuh) without these words of respect, he would be considered disrespectful, uncouth or barbaric.

In the Holy Quran Jesus (pbuh) is mentioned by name five times (5x) more than the number of times the prophet of Islam is mentioned in the Book of God. To be exact - twenty five time as against five. For example:
    "..WE GAVE JESUS THE SON OF MARY CLEAR SIGNS AND STRENGTHENED HIM WITH THE HOLY SPIRIT" HOLY QURAN 2:87
    "..O MARY! GOD GIVETH THEE GLAD TIDINGS OF A WORD FROM HIM: HIS NAME WILL BE CHRIST JESUS, THE SON OF MARY.." HOLY QURAN 3:45
    "..CHRIST JESUS THE SON OF MARY WAS (NO MORE THAN) AN APOSTLE OF GOD.." HOLY QURAN 4:171
    "..AND IN THEIR (the previous Prophets') FOOTSTEPS WE SENT JESUS THE SON OF MARY.." HOLY QURAN 5:49
    "AND ZAKARIYA AND JOHN, AND JESUS AND ELIAS: ALL IN THE RANKS OF THE RIGHTEOUS:" HOLY QURAN 6:85
    JESUS - HIS TITLES
    Though Jesus is mentioned by name in twenty-five places in the Holy Quran he is also addressed with respect as:"Ibne Maryam" - son of Mary; as Masi (Heb) Messiah - translated as Christ; "Abd-ullah" servant of Allah; "Rasu -Ullah" - Messenger of Allah. He is spoken of as "the word of God", as "the spirit of God", as a "Sign of God", and numerous other epithets of honor spread over fifteen different chapters. There is not a single disparaging remark in the entire Quran to which even the most jaundiced among the Christians can take exception.

MANY REFERENCES
    At the end of the most popular translation of the Holy Quran in English, i.e. by A.Yusuf Ali, there is a very comprehensive index. You will find on page 1837 references to Jesus, i.e.
    Jesus, a rightenous prophet, vi.85;
    birth, iii. 45:47; xix. 22-33;
    apostle to Israel, iii. 49-51;
    disciples, iii. 52-53; v.114-118
    taken up, iii. 55-58; iv.157-159;
    like Adam, iii.59;
    not crucified, iv.157;
    no more than apostle, iv.171; v.78;
    xliii 59, 63-64;
    not God, v.19,75;
    sent with Gospel, v.49;
    not son of God, ix.30;
    Message and miracles, v.113; xix.30-33;
    prays for Table of viands, v.117;
    taught no false worship, v.119-121;
    disciples declare themselves Muslims, v.114;
    mission limited, n.1861 to xiii.38;
    followers have compassion and mercy, lvii.27:
    disciples as God's helpers, lxi.14;
    as a Sign, xxiii. 50; xliii.61;
    prophesied Ahmad, lxi.6.
    MARY HONOURED

BEHOLD! THE ANGELS SAID: "O MARY! GOD HATH CHOSEN THEE AND PURIFIED THEE- CHOSEN THEE ABOVE THE WOMEN OF ALL NATIONS." HOLY QURAN 3:42
    "Chosen thee above the women of all nations." Such an honor is not to be found given to Mary even in the Christian Bible! The verse continue:
    "O MARY! WORSHIP THY LORD DEVOUTLY: PROSTRATE THYSELF, AND BOW DOWN (IN PRAYER) WITH THOSE WHO BOW DOWN." HOLY QURAN 3:43
    DIVINE REVELATION
    What is the source of this beautiful and sublime recitation which, in its original Arabic, moves men to ecstacy and tears? Verse 44 below explains
    THIS IS PART OF THE TIDINGS OF THE THINGS UNSEEN, WHICH WE REVEAL UNTO THEE (O APOSTLE!) BY INSPIRATION: THOU WAST NOT WITH THEM WHEN THEY CAST LOTS WITH ARROWS, AS TO WHICH OF THEM SHOULD BE CHARGED WITH THE CARE OF MARY: NOR WAST THOU WITH THEM WHEN THEY DISPUTED (THE POINT). HOLY QURAN 3:44
    SURA MARYAM
    There is a Chapter in the Holy Quran, named Sura Maryam "Chapter Mary" (XIX) named in honor of Mary the mother of Jesus Christ (pbuh); again, such an honor is not to be found given to Mary in the Christian Bible. Out of the 66 books of the Protestants and 73 of the Roman Catholics, not one is named after Mary or her son. You will find books named after Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, Peter, Paul and two score more obscure names, but not a single one is that of Jesus or Mary! If Muhummed (pbuh) was the author of the Holy Quran, then he would not have failed to include in it with MARYAM, the mother of Jesus, his own mother - AMINA, his dear wife - KHADIJA, OR HIS BELOVED daughter-FATIMA. But No!No! this can never be. The Quran is not his handiwork!

THE GOOD NEWS
    BEHOLD! THE ANGELS SAID: "O MARY! GOD GIVETH THEE GLAD TIDINGS OF A WORD FROM HIM: HIS NAME WILL BE CHRIST JESUS THE SON OF MARY HELD IN HONOUR IN THIS WORLD AND THE HEREAFTER AND (OF THE COMPANY OF) THOSE NEAREST TO GOD; HOLY QURAN 3:45
    Whilst the good news was being announced (verse 45 above) Mary was told that her unborn child will be called Jesus, that he would be the Christ, a "Word" from God, and that.....
    "HE SHALL SPEAK TO THE PEOPLE IN CHILDHOOD* AND IN MATURITY. AND HE SHALL BE (OF THE COMPANY) OF THE RIGHTEOUS." Holy Quran 3:46
    * This prophecy found fulfilment within a very short time. We find this in Sura Maryam below:
    AT LENGTH SHE BROUGHTHIM (THE BABE) TO HER PEOPLE, CARRYING HIM (IN HER ARMS). THEY SAID:"O MARY! TRULY AN-AMAZING THING HAST THOU BROUGHT! O SISTER OF AARON THY FATHER WAS NOT A MAN OF EVIL NOR THY MOTHER A WOMAN UNCHASTE!" Holy Quran 19:27-28
    The amazement of the people knew no bounds. In any case they were prepared to think the worst of her, as she had disappeared from her kin for some time. But now she comes, shamelessly parading a babe in her arms! How she had disgraced the house of Aaron, the fountain of priesthood!
    "SISTER OF AARON: Mary is reminded of her high lineage and the unexceptionable morals of her father and mother. How, they said, she had fallen and disgraced the name of her progenitors! "What could Mary do? How could she explain? Would they, in their censorious mood accept her explanation? All she could do was to point to the child, who, she knew, was no ordinary child. And the child came to her rescue. By a miracle he spoke, defended his mother, and preached -to an unbelieving audience." A.Yusuf Ali, comments in his notes 2480-2482 on page 773 of his translation.
    BUT SHE POINTED TO THE BABE. THEY SAID: "HOW CAN WE TALK TO ONE WHO IS A CHILD IN THE CRADLE?" HOLY QURAN 19:23
    And by a miracle he spoke:
    HE SAID: "I AM INDEED A SERVANT OF GOD: HE HATH GIVEN ME REVELATION AND MADE ME A PROPHET; "AND HE HATH MADE ME BLESSED WHERESOEVER I BE, AND HE HATH ENJOINED ON ME PRAYER AND CHARITY AS LONG AS I LIVE "(HE) HATH MADE ME KIND TO MY MOTHER, AND NOT OVERBEARING OR MISERABLE; "SO PEACE IS ON ME THE DAY I WAS BORN, THE DAY THAT I DIE, AND THE DAY THAT I SHALL BE RAISED UP TO LIFE (AGAIN)!"
    Holy Quran 19:24-33
    LIKE ADAM
    Does the miraculous birth of Jesus make him a God or a "begotten" son of God? No! Says the Holy Quran:
    THE SIMILITUDE OF JESUS BEFORE GOD IS THAT OF ADAM; HE CREATED HIM FROM DUST, THEN SAID TO HIM: 'BE':AND HE WAS. HOLY QURAN 3:59
    If it is said that he was born without a human father, Adam was also so born. Indeed Adam was born without either a human father or mother. As far as our physical bodies are concerned they are mere dust.
    Addressing both the Jews and the Christians, Allah says:-
    O PEOPLE OF THE BOOK! COMMIT NO EXCESSES IN YOUR RELIGION: NOR SAY OF GOD AUGHT BUT THE TRUTH. CHRIST JESUS THE SON OF MARY WAS (NO MORE THAN) AN SPOSTLE OF GOD, AND HIS WORD, WHICH HE BESTOWED ON MARY, AND A SPIRIT PROCEEDING FROM HIM: SO BELIEVE IN GOD AND HIS MESSENGERS... Holy Quran 4:171
    As a conclusion, read the following verses:
    SUCH (WAS) JESUS THE SON OF MARY : (IT IS) A STATEMENT OF TRUTH, ABOUT WHICH THEY (VAINLY) DISPUTE. IT IS NOT BEFITTING TO (THE MAJESTY OF) GOD THAT HE SHOULD BEGET A SON. GLORY BE TO HIM ! WHEN HE DETERMINES A MATTER, HE ONLY SAYS TO IT, "BE", AND IT IS. VERILY GOD IS MY LORD AND YOUR LORD : HIM THEREFORE SERVE YE : THIS IS A WAY THAT IS STRAIGHT. Holy Quran 19:34-36

this articale is taken from
    islam101.com

regards

that's right,i like Jesus peace be upon him an wish to see him in the hereafter
    thanks for the post bro

lover of jesus,

To those not already familiar with Islamic beliefs that was a very informative post.

May I ask you a question? Are you familiar with John 3:16 and do you feel that your "love" of and "belief" in Jesus makes you a Christian and that you will recieve your reward no matter which holy book is the correct one? In other words, could it be that all the talk of Jesus in the Quran is just a way to make its adherents feel that they are protected in either eventuality?

Let me ask you, who is the greater prophet, Jesus or Muhammad? Whose words and teachings are most important? If Jesus words are only true when they are taken from Muhammad's words in the Quran, which prophet do you really "believe" in and love? And finally why did God abandon mankind for so long by failing to provide true, trustworthy, reliable, and enduring guidance?

I'm a shadow of myself adilyoussef's Avatar
    ya for sure, all Muslims do love jesus (pbuh). But the consept of love in Islam is different from the one in Christianity.

Oh! life you'r but hell
    Oh! hell you'r but in me
    When I'v lost your love
    I'm lost in an ocean of destiny

Quote Originally Posted by adilyoussef
    ya for sure, all Muslims do love jesus (pbuh). But the consept of love in Islam is different from the one in Christianity.
    How so? And if so,do they also have a different anger,joy,sad,etc.?...Hmm?
    Do you think they feel pain different too? No...I think your mistaken.
    In Jesus Holy Name,okmit

They love jesus , sure. but to them he his just a human being and prophet , not God or the son of God.

Quote Originally Posted by Amfortas
    They love jesus , sure. but to them he his just a human being and prophet , not God or the son of God.
    Which is quite curious when you consider they acknowledge him as Christ,born of Immaculate Conception,capable of raising the dead,restoring health an giving Grace(Peace.)Since his Birth,Life,Death,and Ressurection were all clearly prophesied,if He is not God Incarnate,or the Son of God then why has his name been Praised for the past 4,000 years?...Hmm?

Quote Originally Posted by okmit
    How so? And if so,do they also have a different anger,joy,sad,etc.?...Hmm?
    Do you think they feel pain different too? No...I think your mistaken.
    In Jesus Holy Name,okmit
    Don't missinterprete what I said. We love him as a prophet not god. If he is so, why is he tortured and killed as you pretend? He had some skills as had some other prophers before his: Moses is one of them, and we love him too as we do for Jesus.

Do you know that Muslims believe in Christianity also? I know it is hard to believe they do, but this is a fact.

Oh! life you'r but hell
    Oh! hell you'r but in me
    When I'v lost your love

Banned
    Blog Entries
    It is interesting to see that there were/are many cases about Christian and Muslim hostilities, yet these two actually came from the same root: Abraham or Ibrahim.
    Do you know that each has its own version about the boy whom the father brought to the hill to be sacrificed and in return God gave a lamb as exchange?

Quote Originally Posted by adilyoussef
    Don't missinterprete what I said. We love him as a prophet not god. If he is so, why is he tortured and killed as you pretend? He had some skills as had some other prophers before his: Moses is one of them, and we love him too as we do for Jesus.

Do you know that Muslims believe in Christianity also? I know it is hard to believe they do, but this is a fact.
    Who is missinterperting whom?And what kind of question is,"Why is he tortured and killed as I PRETEND?What pretense...do you not believe he was beaten an crucified?And the reason He GAVE His Life was for the Redemption of Sin,and if you don't believe that then you do not Believe in Christianity!

Now alow me to ask you.The Koran says he is Christ.Christ is Greek for anointed so WHO anoited Him and for what reason?It states His birth was anounced by Angels,and was a Virgin birth so who do you suppose could pull that off and for what reason?

On April 2nd 1968 The Blessed Mother as well as Jesus & Joseph appeared in Zietoun,Egypt on a regular basis for the next 3 years and was witnessed by millions,when was the last appearance of Mohammad?

By the way,useing a small case j in" lover of Jesus "is demeaning.If I were not a Christian I would curse such disrespect and declare jihad,instead of praying for enlightenment an forgiveness.
    In Jesus Christs Holy Name,okmit

yes, that's me, your friendly Moderator 💚 Logos's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Exclamation

By the way,useing a small case j in" lover of Jesus "is demeaning.If I were not a Christian I would curse such disrespect and declare jihad,instead of praying for enlightenment an forgiveness.
    You're being a little harsh here, please tone it down.

It could possibly be a typo or merely unintentional as adilyoussef uses capital "J" in other cases.
    Forum » Rules » FAQ » Tags » Blogs » Groups » Quizzes » e-Texts »
    📚 📚 📒 📓 📙 📘 📖 ✍🏻 📔 📒 📗 📒 📕 📚 📚 📚 📚 📚 📚 📚

Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    You're being a little harsh here, please tone it down.

It could possibly be a typo or merely unintentional as adilyoussef uses capital "J" in other cases.
    On being a little harsh an toneing it down...Okay.

on the lower case j...that wasn't for adilyoussef but for whoever started the thread useing the monicker,lover of Jesus.Regardless my prayers go with both.
    okmit

On April 2nd 1968 The Blessed Mother as well as Jesus & Joseph appeared in Zietoun,Egypt on a regular basis for the next 3 years and was witnessed by millions,when was the last appearance of Mohammad?

Did they? I'v never heard of such a thing. For that Mohammad (pbuh) to appear again, there is no way to think so. He is dead and dead people don't come again. Still, it is not doom's day yet.

For using a small case j in "lover of Jesus", that was only a typing mistake nothing else. Sorry for that. There is no way to declare jihad on such a thing. Don't you think that there are enough wars in the world?

By the way, next time provide me with proofs if you please. Saying things is easy, but proving their validity is still a thing that should be tacken into considerations.
    Last edited by adilyoussef; 11-01-2005 at 08:15 PM.

Oh! life you'r but hell
    Oh! hell you'r but in me
    When I'v lost your love

Banned
    Blog Entries
    adilyoussef, this issue seems very important to okmit. So, I think those smileys are quite innapropriate to be used. Beside, what's the significance in putting the LOL face after your comment on war.
    Last edited by subterranean; 11-01-2005 at 08:01 PM. Reason: typo

Pièce de Résistance Scheherazade's Avatar
    Please avoid personalising your comments; it is the ideas that we discuss, not the persons.
    ~
    "It is not that I am mad; it is only that my head is different from yours.”
    ~

Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast