Thread: People who have already read "Utopia"

Zaiah

People who have already read "Utopia"

Hello, this is my first day on this site, and in my honors history class we just got this book by Thomas More. I was wondering if anyone could help me to understand it a little bit better before I read it. Um...maybe give me a little insight as to what I'm getting myself into. Thanks you so much please respond.

OK. I think the story is not difficult at all not only in account of the pages but also the vocabulary. I think both the first book and second book all together is something less than 80 pages. the first book is 30 pages and the second book is 58 pages. the first book is like a diary of Sir Thomas More. when he go to a diplomatic journey on that city he has a friend named Peter Giles he go to have some time with him and there is other guy called Raphael Hythlady who is an experienced man. he has traveled so many places he has seen so many countries and cities. then More is interested on Raphael and then they talk about different things like culture of england punishment and so on and after more understand that Raphael is so wise, he suggest him to become a counseller for kings, but raphael say his reasons and then at the end More and Peter made Raphael to describe the Utopia with details now the book 2 start. in book 2 Raphael describe the Utopia with detals like geography,k history. slavery and marriage and so many other things.