Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast

Thread: Animal Farm

smeghead
    well then that's not such a great solution stan.

i used to think that civilisation is the problem, but -like what are you going to do about it?
    Don't part with your illusions. When they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live.
    (Mark Twain)

Stanislaw, you have no fùcking clue what you're talking about.

smeghead
    LOL. ... still, that's a little cruel, abs.
    Don't part with your illusions. When they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live.
    (Mark Twain)

Blog Entries
    Communism has never worked, and I don't think that it will happen Unless there is a value change in all of sociaty. The idea of peaceful coexsistance for the greater good of humanity is something that people won't try, they are to greedy and self sentered.

I ment no offense in my previouse post, I was just presenting my view, in a comical fashion if you will.

---------------
    Stanislaw Lem
    1921 - 2006, Rest In Peace.
    "Faith is, at one and the same time, absolutely necessary and altogether impossible"

Name one communist state.

Communism lends itself to dictatorships for a few reasons. The people who fight for it are fighting for an ecenomic system, so they do not pay enough attention to where the power is going.
    Communism is supposed to take care of all human evils, and it does not need a powerful government, only a central administration. This leaves any truly dedicated govrnment mostly unprotected. Orwell shows this when Napolean kicks out Snowball. A third problem is that no matter how corrupt and abusive the government is, they claim that they are the people's government, which gives them some legitimacy in the eyes of the people. This problem is given a very prominant place in Animal Farm.

Orwell was attacking Stalinism, not Marxism (Vladimir Lenin, not Karl Marx, is personified in Old Major----Snowball is Trotsky, Napolean is Stalin). I suggest you read Marx (something other than The Communist Manifesto) before you assault the theory, which you seem to know nothing about.

Blog Entries
    The theory is good, but it people corrupt it. There is no example of communism in the world. There is Fidelism, Stalinism, Maoism, not any real example of communism.

The closest that anyone has ever come to real communism is some communal farms, Just outside of Jusard Alberta, swtarted by followers of the Hippie movement.

---------------
    Stanislaw Lem
    "Faith is, at one and the same time, absolutely necessary and altogether impossible"

smeghead
    Originally posted by sam1
    Communism lends itself to dictatorships for a few reasons. The people who fight for it are fighting for an ecenomic system, so they do not pay enough attention to where the power is going.
    As if democracy doesn't lend itself largely to capitalism. The people who say they're fighting for freedom are similarly fighting for money. I could name a prominent example right now, but that would be current politics. As such, I'll just sit here and allude to it. We don't pay enough attention to where the power is going either. That's one of the problems, don't you think? That is not just something with communism. That's just something you notice about communism and not about democracies.
    (Mark Twain)

Blog Entries
    All government systems, if hiven time, become hypocritical.

---------------
    Stanislaw Lem

smeghead
    Stupid governments. Then again, everyone's a hypocrite to some extent. Stupid narrow-mindedness.
    (Mark Twain)

Originally posted by Stanislaw
    All government systems, if hiven time, become hypocritical.
    Replace hypocritical with corrupt and you are more correct.

Jonus
    Whatever happened to peace on earth?

Blog Entries
    That is true, you stated it more clearly than I did

---------------
    Stanislaw Lem

smeghead
    Can you imagine what it would be like without a government? good/bad? I was just thinking about what abdo wrote.. if you could get rid of the dictatorship, maybe communism could work.
    (Mark Twain)

Blog Entries
    If people could work together, rather than against eachother perhaps communism would have a chance.

---------------
    Stanislaw Lem

Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast