Thread: Hello, all

Hello, all

I've just this minute joined and look forward to interacting with you all. I write a little (poems and short strories) and have always loved reading. I live in Ireland (Co Down) and have recently retired after thirty years as a firefighter in Belfast.
    So there you are; a very potted history.
    Hope to speak to some of you soon.

Litlover

hello litlover. welcome to the forum. hope you'll enjoy it here as much as we do...

Blog Entries
    Hello Litlover, welcome to the Literature Network.

We will look forward to you joining the discussions
    Forum » Rules » FAQ » Tags » Blogs » Groups » Quizzes » e-Texts »
    ◕‿◕ currently reading Empty Mansions: The Mysterious Life of Huguette Clark, Bill Dedman (2013)

"the dogs bark but the caravan moves on" --Arab proverb

thank you

Thanks, Kaltrina and to you Logos. I've been having a look around and am sure I will enjoy my time here. Good of you both to say hello. Hello to you and glad to be here.

LL
    Last edited by litlover; 09-30-2005 at 08:25 AM. Reason: adding another comment

Hi litlover
    Welcome to the forum. I hope you will enjoy it here very much.
    I sang of leaves, of leaves of gold, and leaves of gold there grew.

Thanks for dropping by, Pensive. Been working my way around. It's a big site and I hope to be able to something to it. I have posted a couple of things already and look forward to see what folk think of them. Meanwhile, thanks again. Hope to see you around,

LL

Many greetings, litlover. Hopefully you will enjoy the forums as much as we do, find the subjects worth discussing, and writing areas worthy of contribution.

Thank you, Mono. Still finding my way around but it seems a lively site and I'm looking forward to meeting some new writing friends.

LL

In libris libertas Aurora Ariel's Avatar
    Hello litlover,
    I also send you my new greetings.I hope you continue to post and enjoy all of the sections of the forum.Best Wishes
    My own brain is to me the most unaccountable of machinery --always buzzing, humming, soaring, roaring, diving, and then buried in mud. And why? What's this passion for?
    -Virginia Woolf

“I want to write a novel about Silence,” he said; “the things people don’t say. But the difficulty is immense.” He sighed. - Night and Day

Nice to meet you, Aurora, and thanks for the kind greeting. I have posted a couple of things which have not so far attracted any comment but I realise it is early days and I will perservere and add what I can to the many discussions going on. Thanks again and hope to see you around.

LL

welcome to the forum. what kind of lit are you interesting in? I personally love authors like Jane Austen, and Brontes.
    Trying to forget someone you love is like trying to remember someone you have never met.

Blog Entries
    Hello and welcome

"there are people in the world so hungry that God can not appear to them except in the form of bread"

Mahatma Gandhi