Buying through this banner helps support the forum!
Page 839 of 887 FirstFirst ... 339739789829834835836837838839840841842843844849 ... LastLast
Results 12,571 to 12,585 of 13303

Thread: What are you thinking now?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by country doctor View Post
    you can't win with a losing hand...
    "Sometimes nothin' is a real cool hand."
    "Personal note: When I was a little kid my mother told me not to stare into the sun. So once when I was six, I did. At first the brightness was overwhelming, but I had seen that before. I kept looking, forcing myself not to blink, and then the brightness began to dissolve. My pupils shrunk to pinholes and everything came into focus and for a moment I understood. The doctors didn't know if my eyes would ever heal."
    -Pi

'Lately I have been hard to reach, I have been far too long on my own, everybody has their private world, where they can be alone. Are you calling me? Are you trying to get through? Are you reaching out for me? Like I'm reaching out for you?'

Quote Originally Posted by Snowqueen View Post
    After taking a look at your picture I have to agree with you, mehfil jawaan hai, haseen hai.
    I sang of leaves, of leaves of gold, and leaves of gold there grew.

Mulling over the feminist term "ecriture feminine". Why do some feminist see the female writer as suffering the handicap of having to use a language that is essentially masculine, a male instrument fashioned for male purposes?
    What's the good of exploring whether there is a female language? Isn't it obvious that "females" from different culture speak different languages and one can't make sweeping universal generalizations about female language?

Feminist literary theory is so limited in certain aspects it makes me...
    I must create a system, or be enslaved by another man's. ~ William Blake

Captivity is consciousness,
    So's liberty. ~ Emily Dickinson

Blog Entries
    So there is this cute barista I chat up at the place where I always stop on my way to work for coffee. I am always late, and so I often joke about my tardiness, like "I'm so late I should have been there yesterday." "I'm so late I should buy a pregnancy test." Anyway. Today when she said "and that'll be such amount," I replied by giving her one five dollar bill, and then another with my phone number on it, saying "yeah, so we both know I'm going to be late when we meet up for drinks tomorrow night, so here's something you can use to pay for your first drink while you're waiting." Of course we had no plans, this was just my lame, unsublte way of asking her out. She texted me an hour later arranging a place and time.

So what am I thinking now? I can sum it up in one word - Shwing!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I need to write this mother****ing paper.

(and we'll need to know how that works out, Darcy)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by aliengirl View Post
    Mulling over the feminist term "ecriture feminine". Why do some feminist see the female writer as suffering the handicap of having to use a language that is essentially masculine, a male instrument fashioned for male purposes?
    What's the good of exploring whether there is a female language? Isn't it obvious that "females" from different culture speak different languages and one can't make sweeping universal generalizations about female language?

Feminist literary theory is so limited in certain aspects it makes me...
    I agree with you, Aliengirl. The Japanese writing system was developed almost solely by women. They altered Chinese symbols and for the first time ever in the history of written language, they modified characters to create words that sounded like what they were expressing. Language based on sound. As far as I know, very little to do with masculine and feminine forms. Although, arguably, the character for sword is almost always expressed in a strong handed calligraphy.

A User, but Registered! tonywalt's Avatar
    Cayman Palms, Cayman Islands, Cayman Islands
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy88 View Post
    So there is this cute barista I chat up at the place where I always stop on my way to work for coffee. I am always late, and so I often joke about my tardiness, like "I'm so late I should have been there yesterday." "I'm so late I should buy a pregnancy test." Anyway. Today when she said "and that'll be such amount," I replied by giving her one five dollar bill, and then another with my phone number on it, saying "yeah, so we both know I'm going to be late when we meet up for drinks tomorrow night, so here's something you can use to pay for your first drink while you're waiting." Of course we had no plans, this was just my lame, unsublte way of asking her out. She texted me an hour later arranging a place and time.

So what am I thinking now? I can sum it up in one word - Shwing!
    Excellent Game. I have written that down

Quote Originally Posted by Varenne Rodin View Post
    I agree with you, Aliengirl. The Japanese writing system was developed almost solely by women. They altered Chinese symbols and for the first time ever in the history of written language, they modified characters to create words that sounded like what they were expressing. Language based on sound. As far as I know, very little to do with masculine and feminine forms. Although, arguably, the character for sword is almost always expressed in a strong handed calligraphy.
    Wow! That's a something good to know. Thanks Var.
    Actually I thought someone would bomb me as an anti-feminist.
    I must create a system, or be enslaved by another man's. ~ William Blake

Captivity is consciousness,
    So's liberty. ~ Emily Dickinson

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutatis-Mutandi View Post
    (and we'll need to know how that works out, Darcy)
    It worked out weird. We were there for just over an hour and all was going pretty good. Then she got a phone call and urgently left without much explanation. Anyway. She got me to dance, which is a miracle in itself. If it counts as a date then its the first one I've been on in a while. So I came back here, cracked open another beer, and logged onto litnet. Not a bad night!

'Time's a strange fellow;
    more he gives than takes
    (and he takes all)'
    I sang of leaves, of leaves of gold, and leaves of gold there grew.

Blog Entries
    My close friend is moving to Australia in a week and a half. I want to be happy for her but I'm selfish and can only hate it. Another close friend moved away too a few months ago. I think its another sign that I need to move as well, which I'm going to, but it still sucks.

I'm also thinking about how egregiously exorbitant by cell phone costs are. I realized today I'm spending 70 dollars a month. And I never talk on it, I only text about 5 or so people. I'm going in tomorrow to sign up for a plan which will cap it at 40 dollars a month. I think there might actually be some sort of malfunction eating away at my prepaid minutes because there's no way I am actually using it that much.

Blog Entries
    Asian women are beautiful. I'm lonely. And certain women in this world really suck!
    Les Miserables,
    Volume 1, Fifth Book, Chapter 3
    Remember this, my friends: there are no such things as bad plants or bad men. There are only bad cultivators.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BienvenuJDC View Post
    Asian women are beautiful. I'm lonely. And certain women in this world really suck!
    You know, I grew up and still live in an area that for most of my life was 99.9 percent caucasian. I thought white women were the most beautiful. It wasn't racist, they were simply the only race I'd ever seen up close and ever loved. Then I went to Vancouver and spent a week there and was bombarded by all these Asian beauties - Chinese, Japanese, Koreans, Philipinos, ect, and it was like hearing Mozart for the first time. So then it was whites and asians. Then I fell in love with a dark-skinned Ecuadorian girl I met when she was vacationing at one of the beach-side resorts that are numerous in my area. Thus was added another race. Finally I realized that all races are equally appealing. People from around the world have descended upon my area as of late. I now see people from Asia, Africa, South America - EVERYWHERE - thickly populating the streets.

So, to sum up that rambling paragraph in a single sentence - Bien, its not Asian women who are beautiful and sexy, its WOMEN, period. Vanilla ice-cream is damn tasty, but because its ice-cream, not because its vanilla.

And yeah loneliness sucks. Do what I do. Write poetry about it or try to better yourself in some way. I find that if I'm going to be stuck with only myself I'd like to at least have myself be good company. And then with an attitude like that someone will come along and snatch you up for sure, inevitably.

Blog Entries
    The guy who made the Kony video... Wow. Haha. Don't know where to begin. He's the CEO of the invisible children charity. He was in Pacific Beach today going absolutely bonkers. He claims to be a Christian and has two kids and says he wants nine more, so of course he's a sexual deviant. He was screaming and flinging his clothes off while running in the street. At some point he was naked and masturbating while vandalizing cars. Moving cars and parked cars. People tried to approach him, some tried to "help" him. He ran wild through the streets, screaming at people and waving and jerking his penis at them. He was still doing it when the cops arrived and took him to a mental institution. So glad I didn't give to that charity!

I'm thinking about how busy I'll be this weekend :/