Buying through this banner helps support the forum!
Page 811 of 888 FirstFirst ... 311711761801806807808809810811812813814815816821861 ... LastLast
Results 12,151 to 12,165 of 13316

Thread: What are you thinking now?

Blog Entries
    I have to write a poetry analysis and I don't know how so I logged in to see what litnet has
    For I have known them all already, known them all:
    Have known the evenings, mornings, afternoons,
    I have measured out my life with coffee spoons;
    I know the voices dying with a dying fall
    Beneath the music from a farther room.

So how should I presume?
    Eliot

Blog Entries
    Dear God! There's one-hundred-and-ninety-nine chapels and churches in this city, why in the world did you have to choose one that's not in the city?

Blog Entries
    Written and sent. I hope it will be good for something

Death awaits...
    Blog Entries
    Hmmm!

I'm wondering when this Theta binaural beat simulation will free whatever my inner critic is holding hostage.
    "We look at the world, at governments, across the spectrum, some with more freedom, some with less. And we observe that the more repressive the State is, the closer life under it resembles Death. If dying is deliverance into a condition of total non-freedom, then the State tends, in the limit, to Death. The only way to address the problem of the State is with counter-Death, also known as Chemistry." -- Thomas Pynchon, Against the Day

Blog Entries
    life really stinks
    Les Miserables,
    Volume 1, Fifth Book, Chapter 3
    Remember this, my friends: there are no such things as bad plants or bad men. There are only bad cultivators.

Death awaits...
    Blog Entries
    Beyond repair!

I am thinking about a friend who declined my friendship and tried to be skeptical about me. She had some bad moments with a few of her friends and she wants to judge all by that standard. I had written her for friendship and she declined and it pained me for a while and that is what I have been thinking now and the last couple of weeks.

Death awaits...
    Blog Entries
    Litnet is a very big place, no doubt you will find many friends to share your writing talent with.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by osho View Post
    I am thinking about a friend who declined my friendship and tried to be skeptical about me. She had some bad moments with a few of her friends and she wants to judge all by that standard. I had written her for friendship and she declined and it pained me for a while and that is what I have been thinking now and the last couple of weeks.
    If it is sometimes impossible to get to a person face to face, even much more in an online environment. My humble piece of advice, based on personal experiences, is that you pay a reasonable amount of mind to online relations, and not more than that. Don't take the Internet so seriously. The really important things happen in your real whereabouts, outside your computer. Just let her go and pass on to other matters.

Death awaits...
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximilianus View Post
    If it is sometimes impossible to get to a person face to face, even much more in an online environment. My humble piece of advice, based on personal experiences, is that you pay a reasonable amount of mind to online relations, and not more than that. Don't take the Internet so seriously. The really important things happen in your real whereabouts, outside your computer. Just let her go and pass on to other matters.
    Sounds like good advice.

It is something more than sharing what we write and it is about sharing cultures and some important human aspects observed in different social and cultural situations. Some people out of their frustration and failures in dealing with humans thwart the rest who advance with their good intent and empathy. The innocent preyed on by the experienced simply wonder at the hasty the breakup. I think the negativity of such people makes them forlorn and failing to trust people they will be at loss in life. Judging all by what one experiences with the few they have encountered is a dimwitted judgment. I am sure they will miss some of the very important people they will come to in their life.

I have no hostility to them; for I have no hostility to anybody in the world since I always rested on Buddhist philosophy that hostility to anybody is vicious.

This comes as only as the expression of a surprise and is meant to share with and learn from others about the eccentricity of such people only

Death awaits...
    Blog Entries
    It is something more than sharing what we write and it is about sharing cultures and some important human aspects observed in different social and cultural situations. Some people out of their frustration and failures in dealing with humans thwart the rest who advance with their good intent and empathy. The innocent preyed on by the experienced simply wonder at the hasty the breakup. I think the negativity of such people makes them forlorn and failing to trust people they will be at loss in life. Judging all by what one experiences with the few they have encountered is a dimwitted judgment. I am sure they will miss some of the very important people they will come to in their life.

I have no hostility to them; for I have no hostility to anybody in the world since I always rested on Buddhist philosophy that hostility to anybody is vicious.

This comes as only as the expression of a surprise and is meant to share with and learn from others about the eccentricity of such people only
    You're a great speaker sir. Are you a politician in your country or a philosopher?

Quote Originally Posted by Maryd. View Post
    You're a great speaker sir. Are you a politician in your country or a philosopher?
    No madam, I am neither of them. I am a simple human only. I am a Buddhist and politics and philosophy never appealed to me. However I am interested in reading a lot and in getting on with friends all over the world beyond the territory of my origin. '

What makes you think I am a politician? Do I sound diplomatic in my posts?

Death awaits...
    Blog Entries
    No madam, I am neither of them. I am a simple human only. I am a Buddhist and politics and philosophy never appealed to me. However I am interested in reading a lot and in getting on with friends all over the world beyond the territory of my origin. '

What makes you think I am a politician? Do I sound diplomatic in my posts?
    I don't know how you sound in your posts. I am just one person with one opinion. But most politicians; in my opinion, are good speakers. You write with the experience of a good speaker.