Thread: Need Help Desparetly!!!!!!

Need Help Desparetly!!!!!!

I've read the book The Great Gatsby and i really enjoyed the book. however i am studying the book further regarding how important love status and money is through out the novel along side Pride and Prejudice. if any one has any information on this i would be very grateful if they were to share it with me.

Love status and money issue comparison with Pride and Prejudice, what an interesting notion! I could see why one would see the similarity between the two stories. However, you might want to highlight the vast difference between the two eras. GG is set during the 1920s ( I think?) While P&P during the 18th century English countryside. Keep in mind that at the time women in the Bennet family's class are prohibited from work and thus try to better their lives. The only way to improve their lives is actually through marriage. As you know, the case is not true with Daisy. Lizzie Bennet is one of my most beloved characters in English literature, and it is quite difficult to compare her side by side with that dim-witted Daisy Buchanan. Mr. Darcy and Gatsby's characters do quite resemble each other at some point, but most importantly Darcy is certainly not a phony. I guess Darcy is blinded in the beginning by his pride, while Gatsby is blinded by his love and obsession with Daisy...

Wow, I guess I can go on forever here... How long is your paper??

GG was indeed set in the early twenties