Buying through this banner helps support the forum!

View Poll Results: Do Yoy Believe In Ghosts or The Paranormal?

Voters
152. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

46 30.26%
  • No

32 21.05%
  • Not in the usual sense

13 8.55%
  • There is a scientific explaination for everything!

8 5.26%
  • I'm open-minded on the subject

48 31.58%
  • No opinion

5 3.29%
Page 1 of 25 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: Do You Believe In the paranormal and Did you ever experience supernatural Phenomena?

Not politically correct Pendragon's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Talking Do You Believe In the paranormal and Did you ever experience supernatural Phenomena?

I tought I'd start this in light of something I read on the "soul" thread, and also in light of those who have posted a belief in "life after death". My vote is "not in the usual sense.", that is, not as the departed spirits of the dead. When my children reported seeing the "ghost" of a confederate soldier in our mobile home park, my reaction was "Yeah, right." Then one evening, I stepped out on the porch about sundown, turned to the East, and there he stood in the next yard over. You couldn't see him from the knees down, as if he were standing in tall grass. My explaination: He was in his time, I was in mine, and I somehow saw him. I could see his legs, begause he WAS standing in knee-high grass. Not a departed soul, just a time lapse. That probably sounds crazy too, but give me your ideas, OK? Dragon out.
    Some of us laugh
    Some of us cry
    Some of us smoke
    Some of us lie
    But it's all just the way
    that we cope with our lives...

I'm a shadow of myself adilyoussef's Avatar
    Me too I vote 'not in the usual sense.' Ghosts exist, but they are different from the way they are represented in the movies. This is an exagerated way to picture the paranormal. If you want more clear ideas about ghosts, look for African magic and paranormals. You'll be astonished with their perseption of those things. Ghosts are different creatures living their life seperatly from human's. You can evoke them and harm them, as they can do as well, by the means of magic. Leave them alone they will leave you alone. Look for them you get in troubles.

Oh! life you'r but hell
    Oh! hell you'r but in me
    When I'v lost your love
    I'm lost in an ocean of destiny

Blog Entries
    I voted yes because of some the experiences I have had all my life and if other people think I am crazy that is okay. I do not care what they thing about me because that does not matter to me. I can feel the Spirit energy along with the energy off the living too. I also do my best to find out if I am right or not by doing research after the experience. Plus I am the type to believe anything is possible.

Words can either heal or harm I choose for my words to heal and do no harm.

Blog Entries
    I voted "I´m open-minded on the subject". I have never seen a ghost or anything like that but I think, it's possible that ghosts exist. I imagine - given ghosts do exist - that I would not be able to see them. .. Well, that overlaps my believe of "life after death" and would get too complicated, so I'll just stop here, for now.
    “I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”- Robert McCloskey

I voted for "open-minded on the subject" as well. Throughout my few years, I have experienced some odd occurrences, and know not what to think of them, but, as with many subjects, remain highly skeptic.

Quote Originally Posted by mono
    I voted for "open-minded on the subject" as well. Throughout my few years, I have experienced some odd occurrences, and know not what to think of them, but, as with many subjects, remain highly skeptic.
    As usual, I agree with Mono, I'm open minded on the subject. I've also had odd occurrences to totally discount ghosts or the paranormal - but then again there's always the very slim possibilty that it's all in my head.
    Do, or do not. There is no try. - Yoda

dancing before the storms baddad's Avatar
    lat.51.7,long.114.13,1140m above sea level
    NO to ghosts. NO to paranormal. But I've personally had experiences that I've attributed to senses we posess but do not readily acknowledge. We can feel in our gut when something seems 'not quite right', we hear our 'inner voice' direct us, and always ignore it at our own peril, but these unexplained senses are as 'voodoo' as I can go..........................and yes, the voices in my head are definately getting louder......now pass me the chicken bones and my lucky charms...........

Blog Entries
    I always think there's something watching me from the corner in my bedroom; something which sometimes requires my attention and makes me wake up in the middle of the night and make me stay up till morning. So i choose open minded.

"there are people in the world so hungry that God can not appear to them except in the form of bread"

Mahatma Gandhi

I voted yes.I think we are ghosts.I was in a fire fight in Nam in "68" and had an out of body experience.I wasn't freaking or anything but I found myself watching the battle in ecstacy.I seen myself get blown out of my right leg, and I got a severe case of the uglies,(when stuff that belongs inside is hanging outside.)In awe I thought;cool,you give up the ghost before you actually get whacked and you don't really go through all that pain!I couldn't hear anything but I seen myself wrenching an screaming.When I came to ,I was in a hospital ward,but thought I had been shown heaven and got sent to hell!No one could still be alive in this much pain!But I was back,body an ghost as one with years of hell to pay.

Blog Entries
    Is spirit is the same with ghost? In my country, ghost is always define as unpeaceful spirit of people who died.

But I think that's an awesome experience Okmit..

"there are people in the world so hungry that God can not appear to them except in the form of bread"

Mahatma Gandhi

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by subterranean
    Is spirit is the same with ghost? In my country, ghost is always define as unpeaceful spirit of people who died.

But I think that's an awesome experience Okmit..
    Depends on whom you ask but for me personally there are only Spirits not ghosts. Spirits can be good or bad just like us folks that are alive. subterranean may I ask what country you are from? If that is a too personal then please do not answer I am merely curious.

Blog Entries
    I'm from Indonesia

Mahatma Gandhi

I believe ghost refers to the center of spiritual life,the soul when manifest in any form.
    When the Holy Spirit appeared as tongues of fire,it was the Holy Ghost.
    God as a burning bush,was the ghost of God.
    Ghostwriter...a representitive
    I believe the Spirit is the driving force that brings forth attributes of the Soul.
    My Soul doth magnify the Lord,my Spirit rejoices in God my savior...Luke 1:46

An Imp,or Poltergeist is a mischievous ghost that makes noises and creates disorder.
    A mild pain in the ***.Most likely the dude in the corner!

My exprience was awesome,I wouldn't trade it for the riches of the world,nor would I give a penney to repeat it!I think I may have an understanding of how Lazurus felt when he was resurrected...Drat,I'm going too have to go through the sting of death AGAIN?

Not politically correct Pendragon's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Wink

I'm from Indonesia
    Allow me to extend a wave in greeting from the USA to Indonesia and to any others who post from far away lands! From the Dragon
    Some of us laugh
    Some of us cry
    Some of us smoke
    Some of us lie
    But it's all just the way
    that we cope with our lives...

Blog Entries
    I'm from Indonesia
    Wow, I hear that is a beautiful country. Thank you for answering me.

Page 1 of 25 12345611 ... LastLast